Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    What do you reckon to these?

    Do they look good in your opinion? They are BBS's from a Golf Mk4 Anniversary

    Rich

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Grant's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,101

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Very nice!

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Channel Islands
    Posts
    213

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Do you have a closer pic?

    They do look v. nice though, and i guess they weigh as much as a toffee wrapper too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

  5. #4
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tonbridge, Kent
    Posts
    912

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    They look really good Rich. Are you keeping them on it or was it just for a Picture?

    Really suits the car IMO.

    Rob

  6. #5
    Ess_Three's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    5,385

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Very nice...
    Wrong offset for you though aren't they, at ET38? ...maybe not!
    They are 7 1/2 wide too, aren't they? ...a good width for handling...and very light.

    Anyway....I love the wheels...just make sure you get a warranty.
    Every Mk4 Anniversary owner I know or have heard of, has had at least one wheel replaced under warranty because of corrosion. Many have had a full set...or more!

    I guess if you re-finish them or powder coat them, they are fine...but that kinda defeats the point of having the ball polished finish, doesn't it?

    Just be aware of the corrosion issues...

  7. #6
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,498

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    I prefer the RS6 look myself Rich, but no doubt your car would be quicker with these wheels on, with them being lighter, still looks good though. Is that a photoshop, or are they actually on your car Rich?, I can see the Porsche brakes behind the wheels, so guessing you have them already. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    AL_B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Warrington, Northwest England
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Nice photo job Rich. Fooled me too.

    My girlfriend has a Golf Anniversary. All 4 wheels had corrosion. Anyway, a call to the VW garage and an inspection by them, and all 4 wheels were replaced under warranty.

    Not sure if there is anything you can do to stop it though. I think water gets in behind the lacquer (sp?) and then corrodes the alloy.

    Manual says, wash and then wax with a "hard wax". What is a hard wax? Presumably not a liquid wax.

    Anyone doing a group by on Wheel Wax?

    AL

  9. #8
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Something like 'wheel wax' should help, but nothing will prevent it otehr than getting them re-lacquered.

    Rich


  10. #9
    nervus's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,157

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    They look fantastic rich! The finish on the insides of each spoke is poor from factory though and this is where they generally corrode.

    I would try and get a set whivh need refurbing and get them powder coated or something. Anthrecite insides and edges with polished spokes would look awesome on silver!

  11. #10
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Thats not a bad idea... I wonder what the VW dealers do with the knackered ones!?

    Rich

  12. #11
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    They look really good Rich.


  13. #12
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Central Scotland (where it rains alot)
    Posts
    144

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Rich,

    I wanted these but didn't do them in 19" (*Bling*)

    Think they are the business. Look great esp on a black or silver car.

    Nice Photoshop btw, had me fooled!

  14. #13
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    Thanks. The more i look at it the better they look... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  15. #14
    Markb's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Midlands, Staffs
    Posts
    2,136

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    I think they look good.

    Although I could tell it was a Photo Shop straight away LOL

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    152

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    I was looking at CH's but they just didnt look right!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oh bugger, I've just ordered a set of 19" (Bling!) BBS CH for mine to replace the RS4 Replica's, Should be here today or tomorrow hopefully....
    Sounds like the general opinion is that my RS4 replica's look better than the BBS one's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    Those wheels look very nice on that S3 though.....

    Ade

  17. #16
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,498

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ade_D said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    I was looking at CH's but they just didnt look right!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oh bugger, I've just ordered a set of 19" (Bling!) BBS CH for mine to replace the RS4 Replica's, Should be here today or tomorrow hopefully....
    Sounds like the general opinion is that my RS4 replica's look better than the BBS one's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    Those wheels look very nice on that S3 though.....

    Ade

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Rich's car is NOT an S3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img], even though it has over 300 horses under the bonnet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

    BBS CH's are the dogs on an S3. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]



  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    152

    Re: What do you reckon to these?


    WOW, They are NICE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] Now i really can't wait until they arrive.. Seing them there has made me feel much better....

    Is that your S3? Do you have the CH's on now or the Porsche ones as per your sig?

    Ade

  19. #18
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,498

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ade_D said:

    WOW, They are NICE [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] Now i really can't wait until they arrive.. Seing them there has made me feel much better....

    Is that your S3? Do you have the CH's on now or the Porsche ones as per your sig?

    Ade

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Picture is not my car I'm afraid to say, the porsche wheels are here to stay [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

  20. #19
    imported_ashs3
    Guest

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ade_D said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    I was looking at CH's but they just didnt look right!


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Oh bugger, I've just ordered a set of 19" (Bling!) BBS CH for mine to replace the RS4 Replica's, Should be here today or tomorrow hopefully....
    Sounds like the general opinion is that my RS4 replica's look better than the BBS one's [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

    Those wheels look very nice on that S3 though.....

    Ade

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Rich's car is NOT an S3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img], even though it has over 300 horses under the bonnet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

    BBS CH's are the dogs on an S3. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]



    Are they 18's or 19's ? I want a set of those, they look fookin great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]


    [/ QUOTE ]

  21. #20
    imported_MattT
    Guest

    Re: What do you reckon to these?

    I had RC's on my Golf Rallye and I loved them. I wanted to get some RWII's for my S3, but I can't find them anywhere.

    Does anyone know if BBS are cutting down their wheel range or maybe changing it? I have looked for a few sets of BBS wheels now and im always told they aren't being made anymore.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO