What do you reckon to these?

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Do they look good in your opinion? They are BBS's from a Golf Mk4 Anniversary

Rich

Do you have a closer pic?

They do look v. nice though, and i guess they weigh as much as a toffee wrapper too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Very nice...
Wrong offset for you though aren't they, at ET38? ...maybe not!
They are 7 1/2 wide too, aren't they? ...a good width for handling...and very light.

Anyway....I love the wheels...just make sure you get a warranty.
Every Mk4 Anniversary owner I know or have heard of, has had at least one wheel replaced under warranty because of corrosion. Many have had a full set...or more!

I guess if you re-finish them or powder coat them, they are fine...but that kinda defeats the point of having the ball polished finish, doesn't it?

Just be aware of the corrosion issues...

I prefer the RS6 look myself Rich, but no doubt your car would be quicker with these wheels on, with them being lighter, still looks good though. Is that a photoshop, or are they actually on your car Rich?, I can see the Porsche brakes behind the wheels, so guessing you have them already. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nice photo job Rich. Fooled me too.

My girlfriend has a Golf Anniversary. All 4 wheels had corrosion. Anyway, a call to the VW garage and an inspection by them, and all 4 wheels were replaced under warranty.

Not sure if there is anything you can do to stop it though. I think water gets in behind the lacquer (sp?) and then corrodes the alloy.

Manual says, wash and then wax with a "hard wax". What is a hard wax? Presumably not a liquid wax.

Anyone doing a group by on Wheel Wax?

AL

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Something like 'wheel wax' should help, but nothing will prevent it otehr than getting them re-lacquered.

Rich

They look fantastic rich! The finish on the insides of each spoke is poor from factory though and this is where they generally corrode.

I would try and get a set whivh need refurbing and get them powder coated or something. Anthrecite insides and edges with polished spokes would look awesome on silver!

Thats not a bad idea... I wonder what the VW dealers do with the knackered ones!?

Rich

Thanks. The more i look at it the better they look... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
I was looking at CH's but they just didnt look right!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ******, I've just ordered a set of 19" (Bling!) BBS CH for mine to replace the RS4 Replica's, Should be here today or tomorrow hopefully....
Sounds like the general opinion is that my RS4 replica's look better than the BBS one's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Those wheels look very nice on that S3 though.....

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Ade_D said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh ******, I've just ordered a set of 19" (Bling!) BBS CH for mine to replace the RS4 Replica's, Should be here today or tomorrow hopefully....
Sounds like the general opinion is that my RS4 replica's look better than the BBS one's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich's car is NOT an S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif, even though it has over 300 horses under the bonnet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BBS CH's are the dogs on an S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

133284-S319BBS.jpg

WOW, They are NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Now i really can't wait until they arrive.. Seing them there has made me feel much better....

Is that your S3? Do you have the CH's on now or the Porsche ones as per your sig?

Ade

[ QUOTE ]
Ade_D said:

WOW, They are NICE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Now i really can't wait until they arrive.. Seing them there has made me feel much better....

Is that your S3? Do you have the CH's on now or the Porsche ones as per your sig?

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Picture is not my car I'm afraid to say, the porsche wheels are here to stay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ade_D said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ade

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich's car is NOT an S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif, even though it has over 300 horses under the bonnet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BBS CH's are the dogs on an S3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

133284-S319BBS.jpg

Are they 18's or 19's ? I want a set of those, they look ****** great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I had RC's on my Golf Rallye and I loved them. I wanted to get some RWII's for my S3, but I can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone know if BBS are cutting down their wheel range or maybe changing it? I have looked for a few sets of BBS wheels now and im always told they aren't being made anymore.