yet another wheel question

steve bain

Reaction score
hello all.

just picked up some wheels and its too late to get them fitted now so my question is will they fit?! and what spacers may i need?

225/40/18's on 18x8J wheels with offset 40.

I have a feeling i'll be looking at somewhere between 10-20mm spacing? 10mm more on the rear.

according to car bible (compared to standard sport alloys):
The edge of the new tyre will be 8mm closer to the inside of the wheel well and suspension components, and 12mm further out from the edge of the bodywork.

thanks. very excite about new wheels....and cost me just £160 :p

oops. its an a3.

i realise they are fractionally larger in diameter overall, but it will help to fill the arches i guess!

and how to answer my own question! my old audi had 18x8 with et35 and looked like this. so i think 20mm rear and 10mm front

BzuO5dCGkKGrHqNiMEw5ddm6kwBMUuGJnQ_3.jpg

hello all.

just picked up some wheels and its too late to get them fitted now so my question is will they fit?! and what spacers may i need?

225/40/18's on 18x8J wheels with offset 40.

I have a feeling i'll be looking at somewhere between 10-20mm spacing? 10mm more on the rear.

according to car bible (compared to standard sport alloys):
The edge of the new tyre will be 8mm closer to the inside of the wheel well and suspension components, and 12mm further out from the edge of the bodywork.

thanks. very excite about new wheels....and cost me just £160 :p

So long as the stud pattern and centre bore is correct, they should fit straight on! Ideally, you want offset of ET35, but 40 should be ok.

cool. i think i need spigots but there cheap as you like.

just coz i'm bored at work i did a quick photoshop. lime green it is then!! and did a free respray on the bumper :)

before

IMG_20110226_163809.jpg

after

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
progress pics. i am either mental or a genius. not sure yet. hopefully on car in a few hours :)

DSCN2589.jpg

DSCN2591.jpg

well i think it works well. needs a beating with the lowering stick now!

DSCN2600.jpg

DSCN2602.jpg