alarm flash flash

steve bain

Reaction score
alarm works fine, arms, disarms etc. but the hazard lights no longer flash when arming, but still flash twice when disarming. any ideas?

bit of research. it seems if my bonnet hasn't closed properly this happens. makes sense with new bumper etc. i'll look into it. any other ideas?

Was going to say it indicates that there is a circuit open somewhere, Im having the same issue with my father in laws passat, i think we have got it down to the bonnet as well, but just cant seem to work out where the sensor is to test it!!

Glad you got yours sorted.

Was going to say it indicates that there is a circuit open somewhere, Im having the same issue with my father in laws passat, i think we have got it down to the bonnet as well, but just cant seem to work out where the sensor is to test it!!

Glad you got yours sorted.

Is the sensor not in the bonnet catch? With VCDS you can view which doors are open/closed as it will monitor the sensors and give you either a reading of 0 or 1.

Thanks for your reply Wes

The catch is a bit strange, I had a look, there looks like there is a microswitch in there, but even after tampering with that, there was no difference.

With all doors closed and the boot too, the interior light just stays on, tried different things on the bonnet catch as well to see if the light went out, but it didnt.

Not had a chance to check on VCDS, any ideas where to look?