Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Audi Recall ( all petrol engines)

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Like mentioned a few times, bolt down coils are not recalled

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    mine's booked in for the free coilpacks and healthcheck tomorrow...and I'm having the software update to 8088 done at the same time! bargain :-)

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by khyberpass View Post
    mine's booked in for the free coilpacks and healthcheck tomorrow...and I'm having the software update to 8088 done at the same time! bargain :-)
    What car do you have and who told you about the software update??

Please be aware that if your car is remapped, when they do the s/w update, you will probably go back to your original map, therefore loss of power and money as well (if you paid for it)

Just something to bear in mind.

Down under

Status
    Just had mine checked but only one was replaced as the rest were not the model for recall. This is at Audi in Artarmon, Sydney.

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    mine went to audi warrington yesterday had all 4 coils replaced and a free valet when they changed the coils over it has got rid of my engine management light the free wash was not rearly worth it they missed loads but its free so carnt complain much.

King of the Mods. Apparently.

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Reesy's Instagram Channel
    Finally got mine booked in at Neyland Audi for Tuesday. They only have 1 courtesy car and thats booked out until April 10th, so I said I'll wait, but they only have about 12-15 cars so its going to be a boring 1hr30. But hey, coil packs are being changed for free so I can't complain.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had mine done on 3.2 today at Audi Carlisle in just under 90mins. No problems and no hassle or pressure to fix every wee scratch / bulb on the car. Offered a free wash but hadn't time. They also reset my emissions light as part of the recall / change but it reappeared after two starts.

5th Gear

Status
    Ooo got the part number of my coils I replaced mine to 2 years ago from an invoice: 06B905115R I'll phone the number above to see if I fall under the bracket for new ones....

GT3071

Status
    Booked mine in at Epsom a few weeks ago, didnt change any in the end. They said they were not the originals from the car. I know of a few people that have been to epsom and had the same happen to them.
    I dont understand how they can have a campaign against the coilpacks (which they know are rubbish) and expect the originals to be on a 10 year old car!

3rd Gear

Status
    "would you like some new front tyres fitted, they are very low?" - "NO it has just passed the MOT!". Same with the front ARB etc.
    Just read this and it reminded of me of when I got a ticket for bald tyres from the police. As he was writting the ticket I handed him the receipt for the tyres...bought the weekend before!! the cheek!

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the heads up Johnny , Took my 02 plate S3 to Audi this morning and they replaced three coil packs , foc . Many thanks , mate

Ant

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee172 View Post
    Booked mine in at Epsom a few weeks ago, didnt change any in the end. They said they were not the originals from the car. I know of a few people that have been to epsom and had the same happen to them.
    I dont understand how they can have a campaign against the coilpacks (which they know are rubbish) and expect the originals to be on a 10 year old car!
    EXACTLY the same happened to me. I've got about 90% of the service history with my car and NONE of it indicates that a single coilpack has been replaced. I suspect that they just can't be bothered.

If someone could provide part numbers, I intend to check mine myself and have a potentially nasty chat with Epsom Audi...

6th Gear

Status
    I've been to Coventry Audi this morning with my A3 (AUM) I had two different types of coilpacks on my car - they changed all of them to the latest type.

No questions asked, drive in and back out within the hour.
    Imteyaz.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    I think its the r and d ones that are ok,any other ones they are replacing.

GT3071

Status
    Yes im pretty sure they just cant be bothered. They told me that if they replace a coilpack that wasnt an original they would get a 500 fine. Let me know how you get on with Epsom..

Would it be worth me booking my car in anywhere else or would it be on the system now that they have looked at it??

1st Gear

Status
    mines booked in for mid april to have them done, what a touch!
    2003 S4 Moro Blue Saloon

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine were All replaced today by Parklands Gloucester Even Washed and Vacumed the car for me(Even though the cars up F.S now thought i may aswel get them done)
    Noggy Blue 02 plate Bam S3 281Bhp SOLD....

530+Bhp S4/RS4 now on the drive....

Status

My Social Networking

All mine replaced today, got the tracking done at the same times, and it had a wash as well! Quite a successful day

Reverse Gear

Status
    just got my 2001 s3 AMK booked in to audi parklands in gloucester on wednesday, very easy just rang up and she checked and said yes my car falls into the list, see what happens on wednesday

Audi=No fault code, no idea

Status
    After careful consideration i have decided i would rather buy them myself when needed than have some Audi twat mess with my car again :-) thanks anyway for the heads up.

1st Gear

Status
    mmm just called audi in Nottingham and they have said its only the a4's ????

Mine is a 98 a3 1.8t agu would any one know if this does fall into the category? as i am sure this is audi resistance....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 1.8T Sport (98)
    Fusion Stage 1 Remap
    Pipercross Panel Filter
    Forge 007p Recirc Valve
    Stainless Exhaust
    G60 Solid Flywheel & VR6 Clutch
    3 Careful Owners

Chugging along

Status
    Loads of A3s have been done - see the thread in the A3 forum - not sure about the engine code though - might be one that has bolt down coils - which aren't covered
    2004 A4 1.8T (190) S-Line Quattro

FULL VCDS - HEX-USB+CAN

1st Gear

Status
    Just had *2 ign coils replaced at Preston Audi - 01772 730000 (Docklands)

S3 2002 BAM.

*Other two had been done by me previously

No quarms, asked them and I mentioned that hundreds of fellow owners had other info on recalls. Appears as though they've been replaced. WIN :D

1st Gear

Status
    me thinks i need to apply some pressure.... or i will ring one of the branches you guys have used and see what they say.....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 1.8T Sport (98)
    Fusion Stage 1 Remap
    Pipercross Panel Filter
    Forge 007p Recirc Valve
    Stainless Exhaust
    G60 Solid Flywheel & VR6 Clutch
    3 Careful Owners

imported_roydonaldson
    Has anyone else noticed a fuel consumption improvement since theirs was done ?

My S3 was constantly getting 29.8mpg all the time. Now that I've had the coil packs replaced (all 4) I'm now reading above 33mpg ?

Only other thing that's been done recently was a new battery, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

imported_roydonaldson
    Has anyone else noticed a fuel consumption improvement since theirs was done ?

My S3 was constantly getting 29.8mpg all the time. Now that I've had the coil packs replaced (all 4) I'm now reading above 33mpg ?

Only other thing that's been done recently was a new battery, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Reverse Gear

Status
    just had the 1 coil pack changed at parklands on my 2001 s3 amk. They did a health check and said brakes front and rear had 40% wear and failed to notice the back discs and pads totally fuked and dangerous and needed replacing straight away

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think yourself lucky mine never goes over 23

gez
    S3 hunter

Status
    I have non genuwine coilpacks. Will these be changed under recall???

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    I have non genuwine coilpacks. Will these be changed under recall???
    No, only Audi parts *I presumme.

Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation

I gave my local Audi a call today and gave them my registration and they said my car was on the recall list and is now booked in for friday.

The problem is I've just found a receipt that come with the car for work done ,and one of the things done was the coil packs .

Can someone let me know where the location of the coil packs are (i know it a stupid question) and what the old original ones look like (so ill know if they replaced them with the ones being recalled) ??

Thanks
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

3rd Gear

Status
    Can anyone confirm whether they will try to flash the ecu or not, mines going in 2moro and im a bit worried now!
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

5th Gear

Status
    According to my Local Dealership, they do NOT flash the ECU. I raised this question after they locked my ECU during a battery change. My APR map was therefore set to stock mode, I then had to unlock and apply Stage 1 settings.

G

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok thanks, think I'll mention it before I hand over the keys.
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

1st Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=A3 T;1218233][SIZE=2]I gave my local Audi a call today and gave them my registration and they said my car was on the recall list and is now booked in for friday.

The problem is I've just found a receipt that come with the car for work done ,and one of the things done was the coil packs.

Can someone let me know where the location of the coil packs are (i know it a stupid question) and what the old original ones look like (so ill know if they replaced them with the ones being recalled)

If u go back a few pages pal there's photos of where they are and what coilpacks they change
    Loads of info that will help you
    IF IN DOUBT FLAT OUT---iF U AINT RUBBIN U AINT DUBBIN

1st Gear

Status
    I made them write a foot note on the 2nd page (jobsheet) that it is imperative that the ECU is not touched. Only the parts due for recall replaced. I informed them also that the ECU had been mapped / therefore it would cost me hundreds if they were to scan it.

They of course oblidged after I made myself clear

Neutral

Status
    Mine was checked over the phone today off the reg number and it is on there list of cars to do. They booked it in for Friday(macclesfield Audi) and even asked if i minded them cleaning inside and out!

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne1.8t View Post
    If u go back a few pages pal there's photos of where they are and what coilpacks they change
    Loads of info that will help you

Thanks mate

I thought i had already read this thread from beginning to end.....lol

While we are on the subject of remaps....

Will audi care if things have been changed on the car like, air box removed, hose's changed....etc
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Just had a look at mine and these are what i have fitted:

What do you think my chances are of still getting them changed?

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by A3 T View Post
    Thanks mate

I thought i had already read this thread from beginning to end.....lol

While we are on the subject of remaps....

Will audi care if things have been changed on the car like, air box removed, hose's changed....etc
    Audi weren't fussed about mine. I also told them under no circumstances was anything to be done to the ECU as it had been mapped. My car also has a different DV, exhaust and a K&N, so your's should be fine