Audi S3 Turbo cuts out at 3k Revs

Adownie

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new so sorry if this if posted in the wrong area.

I have an 02 plate Audi S3 BAM 225bhp. When I accelerate under load in any gear intermittently at 3k revs the turbo seems to cut out for a split second then kick back in. Almost as if there is a blockage.

I had a new engine fitted a few months ago due to a piston failing which also took out the bore. I thought the issue was due to coil packs but they all got replaced when the engine was fitted. So far I have replaced the MAF Sensor and N75 valve both have not resolved the issue. I have also hooked it up to a VAG device, it does not log any errors. I am getting pretty desperate now please help...

Youve got a boost leak I think. I have had the same problem, unplug your maf sensor and drive it,if it is ok then you have a boost leak cos they dont show up on the vagcom Hope this helps you mate...

Thanks very much gents you have given me a few things to look into. I will try the MAF Sensor thing in the morning. How would I test the TIP Collapsing?

I assume so yes. Only things that have been replaced are the Engine, MAF sensor and n75 Valve.
Will be disconnecting the MAF Sensor today and trying it. Will let you know.

Guys, I disconnected the MAF and the issue went away. drove and it was nice and smooth (Forgot how nice it is) Then stopped reconnected the MAF and the problem came back.
Little confused as I replaced the MAF (It was the first thing I done). Does this prove it is the MAF or could it be something else?