Another 3inch TIP test

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
This little mod really does work :wub: i havent driven the car for over 7 weeks so saying how it fairs to before is really hard for me as its a hell of a lot quicker then my 2nd car a 1.3 honda civic eg hahaha but vag.com never lies :ninja: and so i have been doing some logs i have consistant 234 gs readings with the highest at 234.81 :ohmy: which equates to 293.51 bhp :p My stupid computer decided to die a while ago think i got some virus from Facebook so i have lost all previous logs but from memory i only used to get around 265-270 bhp using gs/0.8 and also had it on AMD rollers when mapping and it produced 268bhp there so all in all a JR air filter and Badger5 3inch TIP has given me an extra 25bhp+ :scared2:

Bill, you are a bad man. I'm trying to stop spending money on the thing but now look what you've made!

Is it easy to fit yourself?

is for me im a mechanic hahaha, but seriously yeah its not hard just have to fidle around getting everything to fit and clear

Awesome, where's my wallet, I need some of that in my life!

I fitted my 3" TIP & JR filter today but my MAF readings were really low :eek:(

I only got my VCDS cable today so did a before and after and have only looked at them this evening it went from 130 g/s upto 137 g/s, my cars standard MAP at the moment but surely it should be more than that!? (AMK S3)

Sorry for butting in Kev!

I only got my VCDS cable today so did a before and after and have only looked at them this evening it went from 130 g/s upto 137 g/s, my cars standard MAP at the moment but surely it should be more than that!? (AMK S3)

Poorly MAF more than likely.... any fault codes? assume boost is ok?

<tuffty/>

What other mods do you have fella?
AMD stage2
fmic
miltek
3inch dp and sports cat
n75j
4bar fpr
007p yellow spring
BADGER TIP
JR Filter

Poorly MAF more than likely.... any fault codes? assume boost is ok?

<tuffty/>

Boost looked normal on the guage only 0.8 bar so about 11.5 psi i think thats right for a standard car?

Did have 3 faults

17861 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Open or Short to Plus
P1453 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Open Circuit
P1287 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Boost looked normal on the guage only 0.8 bar so about 11.5 psi i think thats right for a standard car?

Did have 3 faults

17861 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Open or Short to Plus
P1453 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
18010 - Power Supply Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
P1602 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
17695 - Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249): Open Circuit
P1287 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Sounds like a wiring problem... if the EGT sensor is 'faulting' then your fuel consumption will be crap no doubt....

Have you unplugged the EGT sensor and not plugged it back in? the black box is under the inlet manifold and the plug is accessible under the plastic trim screwed to the metal plate in front on the mani... classic is not pluggoing this back in if the metal plate etc has been removed for changing the thermostat, replacing the dipstick tube or sorting split pipes under the mani...

If its plugged in then maybe a wiring fault... EGT probe fault will kill performance..

<tuffty/>

Hmmm i did unplug it yesterday because I took that metal plate off, going to try and fit my Oil catch can tomorrow and remove all the PCV pipework but im sure I plugged it back in, maybe I will clear all the codes and see if it comes back, been averaging 30-31 mpg combined so not anything untoward I dont think, it probably is the MAF!

I fitted mine the other day to std airbox. I have to say i did notice a nice differance over the silicone tip i had originally.i will have to try the jr filter next i think.

you have a very sick maf there fella
time for a ncie new one

Hmmm i did unplug it yesterday because I took that metal plate off, going to try and fit my Oil catch can tomorrow and remove all the PCV pipework but im sure I plugged it back in, maybe I will clear all the codes and see if it comes back, been averaging 30-31 mpg combined so not anything untoward I dont think, it probably is the MAF!

30 lucky for some i wish lol im getting 18mpg fu*****k nose why