here is my ride

[ QUOTE ]
j8436741 said:
this one i know a mate sent it after the hard work

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the one.

So what plans have you got for the car?

roll cage and new ice setup as want to win a db sound off as last one i winning at uttox racecourse i lost as blew two amps so had to give up

nice wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

if you want to win a sound off the first thing i would do is ditch the caps mate - did you do the install yourself or was it done by a vendor?

nice job... not all to my taste, but you didnt do it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Gotta say - love those wheels.

[ QUOTE ]
Dean_T said:
If you want to win a sound off the first thing i would do is ditch the caps mate

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same.

Saw you tonight mate, and I've got to say it's looking good.

I was on Burton car park in my Mates Black Punto Turbo, and you drove through.

Oh yeah did you buy it done up? As one of my mates seems to remember one similar for sale in Cannock.

yeah install i did it all as for the caps need them till i get a slave battery what do you suggest

no did all the car from standard myself markb and i have been to canock alot to so may have seen mine never know

[ QUOTE ]
j8436741 said:
yeah install i did it all as for the caps need them till i get a slave battery what do you suggest

[/ QUOTE ]

What battery wise?

Optima Yellow top for sure.

Or there is the Exide one which is supposed to be pretty good.

I will be getting two Yellow tops for mine when I finally get around to install the £6K's worth sitting in my cupboard out of my old car LOL

[ QUOTE ]
j8436741 said:
give me a shout if you need a hand with the install

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you any good with Fibre Glass as I want to go "Mad" this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My old install I made:

install03.jpg

install02.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
rickparmar said:

1.6 sport and ur getting 147bhp with nos

wow, what bout without nos?

i didnt no u can do stuff with 1.6! Shall i buy another 1.6 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

147 BHP from a 1.6 is not that impressive...even 147 without the laughing gas isn't that impressive.

You can tune any engine using basic principles...with careful prep 100BHP / litre should be achievable without the use of 'cheating' gas.

[ QUOTE ]
j8436741 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

the caps will actually put more of a strain on your system, therefore voltage drop will be heavier, resulting in more chance of the amps going into clip

running 0 guage (if you havent already) to the rear would be the best thing to do

be careful if you go the split charge route as this will have an effect on what class you will be in if/when you compete - thats if you're competing in dBdrag?

best advice i can give is if you're really serious about competing build the install to the rules (number of drivers, number of amps, split charge - all these will have an effect) and also get to know someone with a termlab sensor (if possible) as this will be your best way of you knowing how loud you are and what frequency you peak at

sounds a lot to take in but its fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Are you any good with Fibre Glass as I want to go "Mad" this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

not an expert but awsome for ideas and how
to work them out an willing to get my hands
bonded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Have you seen my mates car when you have been Donny?

doug_side.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite like that, apart from Bad Boy Bonnet.

They 16's or 17's?

[ QUOTE ]
EvilTad said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Have you seen my mates car when you have been Donny?

doug_side.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite like that, apart from Bad Boy Bonnet.

They 16's or 17's?

[/ QUOTE ]

17" Porsche Reps

Hi
your cars looking good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
could you please let me know the details of where you got ur wheels from?
if you don't mind.
cheers mate

Happy New Year To You All

What a dog's dinner.
What a complete waste of effort...

And as for the Lupo...it looks like a rollerskate with bus wheels.

Why take arguably the finest handling car VAG have made in the last 10 years and kill it's handling by fitting wheels that are too wide and too large in diameter?
I just don't know..
Buffoon.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
And as for the Lupo...it looks like a rollerskate with bus wheels.

Why take arguably the finest handling car VAG have made in the last 10 years and kill it's handling by fitting wheels that are too wide and too large in diameter?
I just don't know..
Buffoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey it's not my car so I just let him carry on with it. He will learn through his error. (Well he already has, because he hit the sump on a boulder in the road)

Lupo - fine handling? I never knew that.

I tend to agree with David and Glen. 90% of the car is tooo much, especially the interior. But as said before, each to their own. I guess with a 1.6 I'd try to keep the weight down in regard to all that ICE, but I see it still puts out more than mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
Lupo - fine handling? I never knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lupo in general is not...

The Lupo GTI is sublime as hot hatches go...like a Mk2 GTI but without the bendy 'shell and with brakes that work.
A great little car...so chuckable and fluid..

ah. My 1st car was a 1.1 MK1 Golf and apart from the brakes and a few refinements I prefered it to my 2nd - 1.3 MK2 Golf that was slower and wasnt as much fun to drive.