s3 2004-2007 where are they?

Ye, havent had a go in one yet but heard from a few people they dont feel like a 1.4L. They have a Eaton supercharger M24 which works from 1 - 3000 rpm I think, provides good response but as it uses engine power to run, after 3000 rpm it switches completely off and a KKK turbo cuts in providing turbo boost to redline. They come with a 7 speed DSG box also, best of both world, performance and economy inside a lightweight package + all round really.

****** hell...those DSG faults are scaring me!!!!

new thread methinks......

Nar I think its a good call getting some warranty just for peace of mind. Dont know how much it will cost but knowing audi, probably the price of a nice banger run around lol

****** hell...those DSG faults are scaring me!!!!

new thread methinks......

Sorry mate! At the end of the day though every car has faults (especially performance motors), as long as you're aware of the faults and suitably prepared (warranty etc) then it shouldn't put you off. Just make sure you want it enough.

cheers buddy, have started a new thread over there and spoken to Audi, apparently i can only extend the warranty another year if it wasnt selected when new...... so definately a consideration that will make sourcing a car easier...assuming DSG is infact as ***** as that thread makes out

hmmm similar to the C5 RS6 autobox which will die

Good luck Tim, I think the way foward would be to get prefacelift 8P and retro everything :)

downer is that they only started offering DSG on the S3 on 58 plate facelifts, so the failure rate won't be accurate yet... if i go manual im certain i'll find one a lot sooner with the toys and have cash left over....might try and test drive a manual at the weekend

Cheers John..... ;)

yeah had couple of emails mate, more than i expected....helps not being in a rush :)