forge split r

Got one on my Octy Vrs works fine as long as set up correctly

Not overly noisey though if thats what youre after

I had one sat around thats why i chucked one on it otherwise most people stick with 007p

Plenty of threads discussing this type of valve... wouldn't bother... they can lead to engine running issues as they bleed metered air when they dump and don't sound any louder than a 007p with a panel filter and a remap... no valve will sound particularly 'whooshy' without a remap anyway as there isn't enough boost pressure to make that much noise...

<tuffty/>

Plenty of threads discussing this type of valve... wouldn't bother... they can lead to engine running issues as they bleed metered air when they dump and don't sound any louder than a 007p with a panel filter and a remap... no valve will sound particularly 'whooshy' without a remap anyway as there isn't enough boost pressure to make that much noise...

<tuffty/>
might leave then and just go for the 007p cheers tuffty

007p running inline with a jetex cone filter, DV relocation kit and stripped out engine, sounds the nuts :).

Ive got one, i find it very loud, ive got a jetex filter too.
Im not sure its set up right? I dont know what right is :/

Mines set at 27 clicks(middle position) + 4 Running Stage 1 (roughly with few tweaks)

Always bad replies when Split-r is mentioned but it still out sells the 007p...

....Always bad replies when Split-r is mentioned but it still out sells the 007p...

Depends if you are willing to sell them of course... they do sell I have no doubt but only as people associate blow off valves with turbo cars and want that 'blow off valve' sound which they don't do very well at all and compromise the engines running by taking its metered air away... VAG engines use a recirculating valve for a reason.. bleeding this air to the atmosphere causes hesitancy and erratic running of the engine as the ECU is fuelling for the air it thinks it has only to have some bled off and the engine WILL run rich causing the hesitancy...

You can run them so they recirculate of course but then they just become a bulky and expensive version of a 007p...

They sell as people don't understand why its not a good idea to use them.. its that simple...

<tuffty/>

right ok, so ive got a split R, should i look at taking off the trumpet and fitting the blanking plate that it comes with?
will that be better for my car?

i was advised to go for this over the 007P by PSI tuning.. seems they were talking ******** which was nice of them

right ok, so ive got a split R, should i look at taking off the trumpet and fitting the blanking plate that it comes with?

i was advised to go for this over the 007P by PSI tuning.. seems they were talking ******** which was nice of them

probably and it costs alot more for the split r. so kinda makes sense from a profit perspective!

this is totaly up to mate but iv got one on my s3 and i thought id have a go and see how it was with
the blanking plate in and it made my car slower and sounded crap wich to some people will think im shatting bol.

anyway ye my car run crap and noticed it was slower and less responsive not by a lot like but ye so i put the
trumpit back on my opinion.

only thing i find is now and then i get a fault on vag com saying pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve

good look

I would..but ive got the split R,

The split R obv has to output holes,one for recirc and the other for atmospheric through the trumpet.one is slightly bigger and allows more air through,so if i put the trumpet on the bigger one it makes the whoosh louder, and quieter on the other hole.

I realy dont know how to set it up best. Whether to use the trumpet or blanking plate, which hole to put the recirc pipe on, and how many clicks to turn the adjuster..

Wish i got the simple 007P now :(

If these sell like hot cakes, why not put it up for sale on here/ebay/pistonheads and use the proceeds to buy a 007p?

I would..but ive got the split R,

The split R obv has to output holes,one for recirc and the other for atmospheric through the trumpet.one is slightly bigger and allows more air through,so if i put the trumpet on the bigger one it makes the whoosh louder, and quieter on the other hole.

I realy dont know how to set it up best. Whether to use the trumpet or blanking plate, which hole to put the recirc pipe on, and how many clicks to turn the adjuster..

Wish i got the simple 007P now :(

my split r sounds great mate not changing it either iv got trumpit on

set up have it on its side flat forge badge facing bonet the opisit site to that
fit into the tip then your turbo intake pipe these a thick pipe coming off that
put that into the bottom of your split r and the trumpit on the hole that left mate
spoke to someone who worked at forge and they said set to 22 click non mapped car
and 25 mapped car turn clock wize

my split r sounds great mate not changing it either iv got trumpit on

set up have it on its side flat forge badge facing bonet the opisit site to that
fit into the tip then your turbo intake pipe these a thick pipe coming off that
put that into the bottom of your split r and the trumpit on the hole that left mate
spoke to someone who worked at forge and they said set to 22 click non mapped car
and 25 mapped car turn clock wize

That took me almost five minutes to read.

I thought the TIP stood for Turbo Intake Pipe? So you've fitted it to the TIP twice? Or am I going mad?

007p running inline with a jetex cone filter, DV relocation kit and stripped out engine, sounds the nuts :).

Exactly what i've got.

It now screams when its on boost. 3rd / 4th gear pulls are quite entertaining. Whistles almost with the 007p attached

So the bloke mentioned up there that works for Forge is clearly pulling figures of how many clicks to dial it in at straight out of thin air. Depends on what turbo, what map, how much boost you're running, other mods etc etc....he's talking crap. Might work on one car but I bet it wont work on another. The range of power created by 1.8T's is massive...so you cant just say '25 for mapped'.

I think Forge have 'created' it so it can give people the noise they want. Nearly all the threads on here about them are not positive...with people confused over how to set them up and different advice based on not knowing the info needed (on specific cars).

I'd just flog it on and go for a 007P as its going to work straight out the box and there's no faffing.

Split R....split ar$e more like.

I like Forge stuff,...but the Split R is a complete raspberry.

T

Well Said Tom, i personally dont like forge, there gear is good, but way overpriced, and if they endorse the split-r what other crap are they selling? i think they have made this over complicated to set up as a get out clause for it been erm ...not so good, i.e. user error.

Well Said Tom, i personally dont like forge, there gear is good, but way overpriced, and if they endorse the split-r what other crap are they selling? i think they have made this over complicated to set up as a get out clause for it been erm ...not so good, i.e. user error.

Forge make nice things but it aint cheap. My Forge TIP cost me an arm and a let but it is very nicely made and I dont mind paying for quality.

I wouldnt pay for a split R though...its all marketing guff so people can get a noise the 1.8T isnt supposed to make (imo). If you want the noise buy a scoob or something jap.

T

That took me almost five minutes to read.

I thought the TIP stood for Turbo Intake Pipe? So you've fitted it to the TIP twice? Or am I going mad?

lol no good with all this punctuation crap and spelling as ya prob can tell ha.

me getting mixed up soz the bottom of the dv wants to be connected to your thick pipe coming off the ali pipe
that goes to turbo
the hole oposit to forge badge whats to be connected to tip mate the last hole trumpit if that any better lol good help me

lol look out for me in theads haaaaaaa

what ya get for not doing work in class

Last edited:
Tuffty

Fairplay u must have the most boring life all u seem to do is be on here posting.................

Thats the trouble some of these forums do get addictive...

Ive been a Forge seller for a fair few years now and to be honest ive prob sold prob 3 Split-r's against Hundreds of 007's (which also runs the Other debate whith which spring is best..!!)

In regards to my previous post what i meant to say was the fact that even though the Split-r gets moaned about they still sell thousands of them

But yes 007p easily outsells them.

I concur... I have discussed the 'merits' of the split-r with friends of mine at Forge and there is no denying the Split-R sells and who can blame Forge... they are meeting the demand of customers...

Don't get me wrong, Forge make ****** good kit and they have a fantastically skilled work force (yes, even you Kris mate ;P) but I have a real thing about the split-r (you'd never guess!)... a lot of the cars I see coming in with problems normally turn out to be vacuum or boost leak related due to splits in the plethora of pipes VAG fit to them... make introduce another that actually costs you money!!

Some say the 007p is overkill and a std valve is fine... arguably this is true... to a point... but the reliability factor it adds especially to a remapped engine is more than worth it IMO... I have seen cars where the std valve had gone and the owners are confused about the performance issues but love the noise which is actually the onset of compressor stall... this is bad especially on K0x turbos with their piddly shafts...

Anyhoo... I'll get off my soapbox now lol... all I am trying to do really is pass on the experiences I have had dealing with these vehicles... it is a hobby for me but if it helps others make informed choices then all the better...

<tuffty/>

Kris is good but he only works flexi....

I tried catching him last week but he'd already left...

right, going to try to sell my Split R and get myself a 007P,
so does it matter what colour the spring is?
i heard they come in yellow or green but not sure on difference,

theres loads for sale on ebay but they dont specify the spring colour? so i didn't know if they all come with a standard coloured spring, which can be changed if needed?