Uprated TIP, why?

Ian_83

Reaction score
I see a lot, people are using a new TIP with a FMIC. Is the setup not a typical on these engines? ie: turbo charge pipe into FMIC, FMIC into inlet manifold?

php4hoFtQ.main_thumb.jpg

Seems to be a lot of extra pipes on there? I take it you *need* this pipe, even with a FMIC?

This pipe is the Turbo intake pipe from the airbox/filter. this doesnt go to the IC.

On K04 turbo'd engines (S3, TT and LCR) the OEM TIP is prone to collapsing and as seen on Welly's S3 with a hybrid K04 will cavitate as it struggles to draw air through it.... a silicon TIP won't collapse like the OEM one and especially once remapped the engine will generate more heat whilst trying to draw more air so a silicon TIP will help sort that out...

On a K03 turbo'd engine the TIP is a pile of junk... it has a squashed alloy end that fits to the turbo and small bore inlet beyond that... silicon tip on these supplement a remap...

If you need more proof of the benefits of changing the TIP, have a read of this...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/109356-3inch-tip-tests-danes-s3-today.html

<tuffty/>

I would highly recommend a silicone TIP. Definitely made a difference on mine when i got one on. Spool up was quicker and sound got louder. Going to redline felt loads better with no sluggish feel like the standard TIP.

Looks like some nice gains up top, strange with the loss of torque lower down. Then again, the new map sorted that out massively :). I take it a 3 inch TIP is too large for my car? 1.8t AGU.

Shame u missed my Forge Tip Group buy

U will require a FM180IND for yours(If u went for Forge Tip)

Sadly all i have left are FM225IND(S3 FIT) In Black or Red(From non payers)

They were £108 delivered or £100 collected

I may see if i can do another in the New Year

Last edited: