Did N249 bypass and car ran like poop.

talentwalsh

Reaction score
Howdy y'all

As the title says I did the bypass yesterday while installing all my new shiny silicone vac hoses, as i had some tubing left over, and the car ran like a bag of ferrits in a tubmle dryer. Any reason for this, does the ecu need time to learn the new system? I put the OE stuff back on again and it ran fine again. Its an AMK so it should be a direct hose from the DV to the inlet?

How did you do the bypass? I.e. did you remove all the hoses to the n249? Did you leave the n249 valve connected or not?

Yep, removed all of the hosing connecting to it and left it plugged in. I used 5mm hose, maybe it was a bit loose?

5mm is way too big, 3mm max id say, did you secure all the vac hoses?

Ya, kept the N249 plugged in. No I didnt secure it as I didnt have any jubilees small enough, felt a pretty snug fit though, even when removing it felt fairly tight, but id say that was the problem though. Thanks for that.

This isn't meant to sound rude, but you must have done it wrong. What did you do with the feed to the n112? Did you put a check valve in line to it?

This isn't meant to sound rude, but you must have done it wrong. What did you do with the feed to the n112? Did you put a check valve in line to it?

Its an AMK, doesnt have an N112, its direct to the mani.

Yer AMK is straight from DV to Mani, i have AMK engine and i didnt notice much difference except it was far smoother at low speeds, definetly didnt make it worse thought :-S

Yeah, I would say this is the first reported problem with this mod... See what happens when you have slightly tighter hosing. :thumbsup: