Volks AutosEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

car holding back (missfiring 2)

here we go again got my car tested on computer dont kno wich one like but he said it was missfiring so i changed spark plugs still doing it.

opened car up the other night on duel carriageway and it just went into limp mode and now its just holding back when i put foot down

checked for boost leaks and there is non that i can see what could it be anyone no

tar gaz
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    Coilpacks??

5th Gear

Status
    how much are tey and is it an audi job mate tar
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

Status
    Never had to buy any mate but IIRC they are about 30 each and its probably best to change all 4, easy to do yourself but thats if these are at fault. You really need it scanning with something like vagcom so the fault code can be investigated to confirm what the problem is before you go and buy something you dont potentially need.

5th Gear

Status
    ye im going to get it done either today or tomoz ill post the faults on here tar

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    I would get the wiring to the packs checked as its common for the insulation to crack from the heat in the engine bay im not saying its this but its best to check before replacing the packs.

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Is your engine management on at all??

Im having the same issue, no faults showing and changed coil pack too, changing the spark plugs tonight to see if that makes a difference.

The coilpacks, you are best getting from Audi they are 34 all in (each)

As already mentioned, make sure you get a proper scan done 1st though as this will hopefully save you money being spent on stuff that doesnt need changing.

If you are with the AA or RAC, explain the situ to them, they will be able to come out and scan it and tell you what the issue is.

5th Gear

Status
    no engine management light int on

iv been told there 80 from audi all in

getting vag com done tomoz so ill have fault codes

not with rac or anyone else at min

as for the car heating up it takes about 20 mins to get to 90 degres around town and the heaters dont get worm like they did a week ago they take piss worming up

6th Gear

Status
    80 for all 4 from mr.audi? bargain

Status
    Are you sure its 80 for 4 coilpacks from Audi, I got one from Audi yesterday and paid 34 for it, so if you are getting 4 at that price that is a bargain!!!

I changed my spark plugs today and the car is still running the same!!

From Show... to GO

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Are you sure its 80 for 4 coilpacks from Audi, I got one from Audi yesterday and paid 34 for it, so if you are getting 4 at that price that is a bargain!!!

I changed my spark plugs today and the car is still running the same!!
    maybe they quoted 80 for 1? which is stupidly expensive as apose to a bargain haha

5th Gear

Status
    shore he was on about all 4 but ill see when go get them

hope mine makes a dif its doing my head in now its taking 15 20 mins to worm up so got to get new thermostat 2 money money money lol

Status
    Mine used to take an age to get warm and then would rarely get to 80 degrees, changed the stat and she site at 90 all day long now after about 10 minutes. PITA to fit it but well worth it.

[censored]

Status
    I think this issue needs a definitive sticky? Its very common and more and more Im seeing coil packs and plugs nominated but not being the cause. Ive tried all sorts with mine and am still none the wiser, scan says missfires, well yes I know that but plug and pack changes arent doing it. It very odd as its intermittent too, almost always 4th gear between 4 and 5 K revs the nose just drops and in a mapped car in the cold thats already flying thats quite a set of brakes!

Annoying in an otherwise tidy, quick and well running car.

6th Gear

Status
    Martin, where you been?

Status
    Any news on this???

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nilz18t View Post
    Any news on this???
    Yep, whats the crack?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world