best morning EVER

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
this is another 'VS' post, except it wasnt much of a battle, just whole lotta fun!

heading on to my favourite back roads as i do everyday, i nail it past an industrial estate and as i do, an RS4 pulls out behind me..........the rest was history!

he caught me up pretty ****** fast so i just thought sod it, lets have some fun. very windy roads and i was giving it everything while he was couple car lengths behind the whole time, was great to see him in my rear view mirror, obviously given the chance he would pass me like i was standing!

as i go round a 90 degree right at mach 1 theres two cars in the way so i had to anchor on, he however doesnt hesitate and floors it past all of us, THE SOUND MADE ME HARD iv'e got to be honest. i pulled out after he went past and just watched him roar into the distance, it was epic, one of those moments you wish it was being filmed.

anyway just thought id share it with you because im a wee bit excited, still.
off to the rs4 section to see if he's a member.........

I love stuff like that! I always race nice cars from the lights to try get them to race me. I will never win, but hearing them roar gives me a semi too, which the wife ruins by interupting the engine noise with a silly question about clothes! haha

Glad you had fun thoguh :)

honestly i've never had such a grin on my face. losing or not, its about fun, and the fact there wer two sexy audi's daddy(rs4) and baby brother (s3) just doing what they should. it was a blast. The fact it was on a road that we could give it some safely was just a brilliant coinsidence, couldn't have been more perfect. hope i see him again tomoro!

my cousin has just bought an rs4.....boy does it sound good!!! i always turn the stereo off when im in it just to listen to the exhaust and engine.

super karl.... that made me laugh ... very similar to me its always nice racing with another audi to see what the other car can do... and when its all finished the other car even flashed me to say bye lol.....ahhhhhhhhhhh how sweet ..but it done well keeping up but u can see he was trying...haha lol....

Racing is fun! No doubt the forum police will be on it, but I still enjoy a little race every now and again :) Especially in my ultra-fast A4 avant TDI

i saw an rs4 on the m25 north otherday, the guy had a recaro baby seat in the back! looked wicked and went like stink. I didnt bother trying to keep up, I was on a MPG mission!

Reactions: deeman88
The old RS4s were/are wonderful! A friend's father started his fast Audi obsession with these. First trip out in it, I was in the back. Before I had a chance to put my belt on he was out of a junction and I had slid from one side of the rear bench to the other on the leather!!!

LOL @ it made you hard!

I had a black RS4 up my **** once when i first bought my car. I couldn't wait for him to overtake just so i could see it zoom off! Stereo went down and window went down, the sound was beatiful!

^ lol, its not too often we want to be overtaken :)

shouting out the window "take me, take me, thats it baby, wooooo!!!"

ahhh guys am still grinning now lol. i've told far too many people, they think im sooo sad. but i love it!

all i can say is, i love an RS4 up my ****. lol

when he over took me, stereo was turned off and window down, he had a ***** grin on his face and i thumbs up out the window. it was a magical moment, i think my car is in love, i could feel the chemistry!

they are just awesome cars, one day i hope im an owner.

as for the forum police, i believe there IS a time and a place, this morning was perfect, 10am, middle of nowhere, windy backroads with loads of visibility round corners. pointless owning our cars if you dont do things like this, gives a real appreciation for them.

Forum police nowhere to be seen :)

Love this thread!

we've evaded them! were too fast

:busted_cop: I've been reading the thread since it started. :busted_cop:

Key thing is, there's no mention of what speed one was travelling at... just talk of having RS4's up ar5es lol. :laugh:

Karl - don't know if you were at ADI a couple of weeks ago, but there was an RS4 hammering round the track with aftermarket exhausts that just sounded the dogs!!

lol The R8 V10 didn't sound too bad on full chat either. Oh, and the UR quattro 5 pots on full song.

Put the date in your diary for next year - well worth going.

The way that i can describe driving an rs4 is like when the torque kicks in from my revo'd s3, all throughout the rev range from 2000 to 7-8000rpm with a much better soundtrack.

I do that windows down trick too...we were following a Nissan GTR the other night and I was baiting him into a race, but the old codger wouldn't play. I had stereo off, windows down and wife on mute too. The thing purred really quiet, i was quite impressed. Just wish he had put his foot down to let it roar.

i was listening to these intently at ADI....the newer RS4's do it for me over the old ones regards noise, much more earth shattering - although i wouldnt turn either down :)