How do you remove the rear vanity light plastic cover in the back of the A3

drfeelgood

Reaction score
Going to replace my rear arial, before i start trying to pry off the plastic light cover in the back, is there a certain angle i can attack it from without cutting chunks out of it

not realy, its a pain to take off and a pain to put back on :)

although if your handy you can get to it through where the rear roof light is, downer is you'll still have to drop the rear plastic to undo the plugs

Does it unclip? have i gotta get a screw driver under it to unclip it?

can you be a bit more grahic rob. What tools did you use to remove yours and from what angle?

You can get a flat screwdriver under the edge of the plastic and gently lever the thing out of the headlining. It is held in place by four springy lugs at the front and back.

It does not require much effort to pull out, just give it a go and you'll see.

The biggest problem is getting to the actual aerial connectors as it is quite tight between the headlining and the roof, but pace yourself and you'll get there.

I have small hands so shouldent be too bad, hey ohhh!, nothing can be as bad or hard as trying to remove the stock stereo unit lol

yeah mine just pops off using a flat head screwdriver bud! although i find it easier to pry it off from the back of the light unit rather than the front for some reason :S aerial is a pain to get too but think its cos i have hands like HULK! lol!.....

Done and dusted. Wasent that hard.getting the facia off was so simple. However the new aerial has such little slack to the cable, was a bit of a job getting it to meet up. However all done, a nice new aerial, the old one was rotten! However trying to find a small spanner which can fit 22mm bolts is impossible, so used the 17mm bolt from the old. Thanks guys.