I'm cheap, I KNOW

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
i have a ming blue A3 and want to change the reer without spendidn too much.
i have debadged the A3 and the 1.8T badges but i dont like the prefacelift lights i have on my 99reg and i am thinking about tinting them but cant decide between red or black, does anyone have any pics to help me?????????????

well they're already red.

Leave them well alone. Pre facelift lights are pretty gay, tinted pre facelift lights of any tint would be incredibly gay.....

Try and find a set of facelift rears instead....

I bought a set of facelift rear lights for mine and it's amazing how much newer it made the back end of the car look!

u can get em from euro car parts pretty cheap. theyre not that expensive

Its true they really do transform the car, picked mine up for 90 off ebay..

Before:

2ptxr93.jpg

And After:

4kzmdi.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't a fan of the facelift rear lights on a black car, but seeing the comparison of those pics, think I'll be changing mine! They definitely look much newer\fresher.

£50 each on here Audi - Euro Car Parts UK

u can get em from euro car parts pretty cheap. theyre not that expensive

Are the euro parts ones identical to the Audi ones? I was trying to compare pictures. The clear bit on the Audi ones seems different?

Yep they sure do, most probbaly my favourite mod looks wise to my car.. and i got mine from ebay, they are direct replacements for pre-facelifts. and they fit perfectly and are exactly the same as oem ones, as u can see from the pic to the s3 next to my car..

and as for them being on a black car i think they look the best on black as they stand out better!

trust me mate, its well worth doing, is yours black??

Last edited:
mine is blue.

I dont realy have a spare 100 lol but they dont look good, i need face lift ones,

reer lights are a easy swap but am i correct in thinking that the front ones do swap but you have to cut the origonal wires and wire they up to the face lift ones because the looms are different??

well iwas aware that part of the wing had to be cut out to fit facelift front lights to a non facelift, and yes the looms are different..

Trust me u DONT want to tint your lights , it will look really chavvy.. the guy who i brought my car from had done that.. and they looked horrible.. see for yourself..

obviously its on a black car, but to be honest facelift lights look really nice on ming blue..
compare it to the pic i posted further up the page.. when id changed them.

33uvi4n.jpg

yep rear dark tinted lens's look a bit tacky, although a very small step in shade may not be too bad. I've seen some late models with tints on the front and they don't look bad at all if you are into the dechrome look. In fact it's probably quite complimentary.
I'm into chrome , but I prefer your alloys to the alloys in the S3 parked next to you. Now that too looks tacky and does not enhance the overall look at all. Because of the dimensions and shape of the A3 shape I don't think any kind of alloy in chrome would suit the car.

Will facelift rear lights from an A3 fit on a prefacelift S3? Or are the S3 lights a different size to the A3 lights?

There not to expensive from the dealer iirc, think they were about £70 odd when I bought them for my previous A3...