Pre Purchase Inspection for S3

LD3

Reaction score
Anyone have one done before?

I seen a few on the internet one seemed 'reputatable' from the website spoke them ad was quoted £295.

Any previous expereinces/reccomendations appreciated.

get the rac to do it for about £30 or slightly more

It's a lot more than that chap.

I looked into it and the cost was circa £200. Decided against it in the end, as it had FASH and seemed to be in very good nick. Turns out that was the right decision, but I would still consider it when moving on to my next car.

S3 baby-Thanks for that offer but the car's way up north-does that offer still stand? :)

I intend to get a report on the car and if satisfactory then go up to buy as I'm down south.

Might get a quote from RAC for comparison

You should be able to confirm it's service history with Audi (if it's got any ?) - giving them the number plate. make sure the mileage readings and dates tally up with what's in the book. Ask the seller and make a note of ALL of it.

Do as much homework prior to going up North (as it's so far) with regards to asking the questions. I can just see it - you go up there and see panels replaced, some been resprayed and he will probably say to you , well you never asked. So motto is: ask the obvious. There is obviously a chance he may deny any knowledge and hopefully you should be able to gauge whether he is lying - in which case be polite don't trust anything else he says and tell him you will have a think about it and walk away and don't look back - plenty of cars in the carpark....so to speak !

S3 baby-Thanks for that offer but the car's way up north-does that offer still stand? :)

I intend to get a report on the car and if satisfactory then go up to buy as I'm down south.

Might get a quote from RAC for comparison

It's depends how far up north matey. I think i'm just round to corner from you "Bexley". Defo ring Audi they will tell you the History of the car as long as its been serviced with them. if you get it or when you get one we will have to meet up.