I filled up with 'non-optimax' fuel..

noodle

Reaction score
and it's rubbish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The car feels much more sluggish through acceleration and when crusing in 5/6th.

I didn't really think it'd make that much difference, hence the re-fill with normal unleaded, but I was wrong, so much so that I filled up again tonight, from 1/2 a tank with Optimax.

Just thought I'd share it with y'all. Optimax rules (until something new comes along! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Laters
N

I agree, had to fight hard with mine all the way home to get it to feel as good as it does with Optimax ....fortunately only put £20 of BP'97 so will be back to normal for the weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mind over matter - what has optimax got apart from regular RON 97 (apart from some X Top gear presenter sounding a Tw@t on the radio).

RON 97 is RON 97 no matter what they claim to do with it.

Unless I'm mistaken that Optimax is in-fact not RON 97?

where is it from ?? not heard of it til i came on here
which producer ??

with petrol costing so much and the way i drive i just used bog-standard cheap **** supermarket petrol unless im caught out (95RON)

i drive only at weekends as i work in city and i still get thru a tank at weekends just driving local

av mpg=28 !?!?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Mind over matter - what has optimax got apart from regular RON 97 (apart from some X Top gear presenter sounding a Tw@t on the radio).

RON 97 is RON 97 no matter what they claim to do with it.

Unless I'm mistaken that Optimax is in-fact not RON 97?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shell guarantee it is at least 98.5 Ron so it's nearly as much difference as 95-97.

I always use Optimax, car doesn't seem the same on other fuels!

Apart from my A3 I run a z3 //M Roadster, I've never really noticed the difference between 95 / 98 RON but I must admit it is a continual debate on the www.zroadster.net forum.

Maybe its a turbo thing!

I'm sure I can feel the difference already. The car seems more perky at lower rev's, as oppose to the sluggish feel from the standard 95ron fuel.

So I am happy again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Still need a chip tho!

[ QUOTE ]
Wizard said:
... So S3 MCD dont expect to fill your car up and it just pick up again...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wont, thats why I only put enough '97 to get me to where I had to get.... mines only had about 3 tanks of non OPTIMAX in the last 50k miles, I notice the difference every time I get caught out!

[ QUOTE ]
velcro said:
i would love to use optimax but my nearest outlet is over 20 miles away so i never get the change to use it for more than the odd tank here or there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I can get BP Ultimate local, would it be worth using that instead or is it not much better then RON95??

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be putting super-unleaded in as a minimum anyway! The S3 is designed to run on 97 so you are effectively de-tuning it slightly by using 95.

If you can't get optimax, put some BP stuff in as it tends to be cheaper than super.

Cheers
Rich.

in europe they have the new optimac which is 100 RON. its all over germany and near the nurburing.. they should get some of that over here...