Zip tuning stage 1 S4 remap

Chop.

Reaction score
Just back from a visit to MB Jarvie in Glasgow for my stage 1 map left at 6am home at 11:30

Met Adam @vag-tech who was spot on and sorted me out with the map

The map is from Zip tuning who I hadn't heard of, there quoted figures after mapping are 403bhp and 525nm

Haven't been in a remapped S4 so don't have anything for comparison so I can only describe what I noticed on the drive home, apart from all the traffic in my way :-/

normal driving: in S-auto the car seems more eager, it seems to pick up quicker in the gear it's in and gathers boost quicker

Boost: before the map was 9.5 - 10 psi now seems to hit 14.5 - 15 psi ( stack boost gauge fitted by myself so not sure how accurate this is I can only comment on the difference )

Hooligan mode, man, paddles, dynamic and esp off: noticed the biggest difference here, got a good couple of goes at setting off in 2nd and it's a totally different machine, it just wants to go, you can feel the supercharger working now and it's almost instant, it was quick before but the SC seemed to blend in with the rev range a bit and if it wasn't for the noise IMO you wouldn't really know you had forced induction, now you can feel the input from it deff plants you more and feels more aggressive and not as smooth like I had heard some people discribe there stage 1 maps

This is the first supercharged motor iv had and the first time Iv remapped a motor, it's only been one journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh but I am very impressed so far I'll post up developments over the next few trips

Cheers

Reactions: biscuittin, scotty76, Sandra and 3 others
Just back from a visit to MB Jarvie in Glasgow for my stage 1 map left at 6am home at 11:30

The map is from Zip tuning who I hadn't heard of, there quoted figures after mapping are 403bhp and 525nm

Haven't been in a remapped S4 so don't have anything for comparison so I can only describe what I noticed on the drive home, apart from all the traffic in my way :-/

normal driving: in S-auto the car seems more eager, it seems to pick up quicker in the gear it's in and gathers boost quicker

Boost: before the map was 9.5 - 10 psi now seems to hit 14.5 - 15 psi ( stack boost gauge fitted by myself so not sure how accurate this is I can only comment on the difference )

Hooligan mode, man, paddles, dynamic and esp off: noticed the biggest difference here, got a good couple of goes at setting off in 2nd and it's a totally different machine, it just wants to go, you can feel the supercharger working now and it's almost instant, it was quick before but the SC seemed to blend in with the rev range a bit and if it wasn't for the noise IMO you wouldn't really know you had forced induction, now you can feel the input from it deff plants you more and feels more aggressive and not as smooth like I had heard some people discribe there stage 1 maps

This is the first supercharged motor iv had and the first time Iv remapped a motor, it's only been one journey from Glasgow to Edinburgh but I am very impressed so far I'll post up developments over the next few trips

Cheers

Thanks for the feedback @chop!

Reactions: Sandra and Chop.
Good result the Chop.the power over 5k is quite a substantial change as the stock map bleeds boost :rockwoot:

Reactions: Sandra and Chop.
Good result the Chop.the power over 5k is quite a substantial change as the stock map bleeds boost :rockwoot:
"bleed" seems such a tame word to describe what the OEM map does to boost - maybe "obliterate" is more suitable?

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.

Cheers
Sounds like you had a grand day out. Adam is very nice friendly guy and knows his stuff. Enjoy your new power Liam. :) x

Reactions: vag-tech and Chop.
Just need to go stage 1+ next ;-)

Reactions: Chop.
Nice write up @Chop. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted on how day to day life with the map is.

Reactions: Chop.
Thanks all

I'll keep you updated as I get through some miles and some fuel

Reactions: scotty76, Sandra and xpoweruk