Zinram Downpipe for TQS

midas

Reaction score
Since my downpipe has been put on the list by the MOT station, looking at alternative options. Courier prices from the US for a downpipe are exotic to say the least. I’m putting on a full Jetex shortly, so if the downpipe needs replacing, thought I’d look at upgrade options.
So………has anybody used a Zinram downpipe on a 1.8 TQS. I’ve searched and can only find S4 installations.

Personally if you’ve not already purchased the jetex then your best bet is to shell out on the cat back miltek system.

Personally if you’ve not already purchased the jetex then your best bet is to shell out on the cat back miltek system.

Yep, totally get that, but……..unfortunately I shelled out on the Jetex 2 months ago.

My initial though was, to hell with it I’ll just get an 034 high flow, and import a Techtonics downpipe from US. But the courier prices have gone through the roof.

So i stumbled upon the Zinram and dismissed it at first, but I see some guys in the S3 side of the Forum have used them. Conflicting opinions on the customer service side of things. But if I buy through eBay he has to stick to delivery guidelines.
I just hadn’t seen or heard of anybody using it on a TQS. It’s a cat and downpipe combined, which is a new one on me. They look well made though, so I’m unsure.

It's really well made bits of kit, but his delivery times and comms can be a little lacking. You will get you parts, but you may have to wait for them... considered the custom option?

Yeah, I have considered the custom option, as I know Birchy at Pipeworkz makes decent systems. But I made an enquiry in September and he had no openings until we’ll into the new year. I’ve already got the rear half of the system as well.

Ive seen no bad things about Zinram since I’ve been looking. So I may just place an order and wait it out.

I notice he does 100 and 200 cat pipes. Will a 100 pass an MOT as normal do we know? Or bring any mil-lights on?

Won't get any engine lights on B5's ecu, fueling is all done via the MAF. I'm decatted, no lights.

Does Ian gone back onto cars? As far as i know he was only doing bikes, Jeffs on the cars right?

I'd go 200cell cat if you don't want to mess around near MOT time.

If you got a custom made it would be better, 3" from the turbo, lambda probe in it's usual position but put the cat lower down under the car so there's less heat in the bay.

Your probably right Sandip, would be Jeff who does the cars. It’s contacted somebody I knew from a while back who was friends with Ian, and worked at Blueflame with him years and years ago.

Im trying to get Zinram to put the 200 cell downpipe on his ebay page. Working on the basis tat on eBay, you need to fulfill delivery times etc. worth a try.

Ive already got the Jetex Sandip. It’s stored at my mates lockup. I’d have just fitted that straight on, but if my current flexi is leaking, I’ll just replace with something more worthwhile.