ZF8HP gearbox remap / Damos

blackjakle

Reaction score
Morning guys and girls

bit of an odd one, searches high and low, but has anyone ever come across the DAMOS for the zf8hp (specifically zf8hp90) gearbox. or had them specifically mapped? No one in the country I have spoken to has the file or can pick apart the map.
I know people have mention JD engineering but I do not want to drive to Holland :(
Any help would be appreciated, I would be happy to buy the file!
cheers
Jack

Hey again Mo-S3

you may be right, i read it was the same gearbox as the 3.0bitdi? be happy to be corrected as that would clear some things up

Cheers

Jack

Its the OBK gearbox fitted in the bitdi which is the 8hp55. Why ZF list it as a max torque of 550nm i do not know. Ive been running it at 760NM with my MTM and its never missed a beat.

Hey, hmm that is very strange, well i guess it maybe narrows down why the slipping is happening, the odd thing is that i am sure i have seen 10+ cars (3.0 bitdi) on well over 800/850NM
how did you know it was the 8hp55 is there a way to tell? just thinking maybe year differences on the bitdi they may have changed?

Jack

check your pr codes and it will have OBK on it referring to the gearbox. ETKA shows it too and you can then look it up with the Audi SSP's.
Also google it

Hey cheers for the info, do you know where the pr code actually is on the car/gearbox? and yeah i can see the OBK seems to be the hp55.
that would explain it to be fair!

BMW ZF's are well catered for with xHP.

VAG , Mercedes etc are still waiting .

Hey cheers for the info, do you know where the pr code actually is on the car/gearbox? and yeah i can see the OBK seems to be the hp55.
that would explain it to be fair!

Check your service book and in the boot for a white sticker with lots 3 digit numbers/letters

Hey, hmm that is very strange, well i guess it maybe narrows down why the slipping is happening, the odd thing is that i am sure i have seen 10+ cars (3.0 bitdi) on well over 800/850NM
how did you know it was the 8hp55 is there a way to tell? just thinking maybe year differences on the bitdi they may have changed?

Jack
Found this:

Now from what I can gather the original 8HP55 was rated to 550 nm - hence the "55" moniker
An updated version called the 8HP55A was released and rated at 650 nm
And a further modified version - the 8HP55AF - rated at 700 nm is what is used in the BiTdi

BMW ZF's are well catered for with xHP.

VAG , Mercedes etc are still waiting .

never heard of XHP, is that not something we can do with our audis?

Check your service book and in the boot for a white sticker with lots 3 digit numbers/letters

yep cheers mate i found it and you are indeed correct it is the 8hp55 and the 8hp90 is the RS6!

Found this:

Now from what I can gather the original 8HP55 was rated to 550 nm - hence the "55" moniker
An updated version called the 8HP55A was released and rated at 650 nm
And a further modified version - the 8HP55AF - rated at 700 nm is what is used in the BiTdi

yeah that would make sense, so really i think 750NM is probably the best bet without any slippage i think, (unless anyone else has gone truly above 850/900.

Update, going back in today to reduce the re map believe it or not haha, going back down to stage 1 (under 800NM torque) will keep anyone up to date who is interested.

ok managed to figure out a video :) so does anyone elses do this? watch how it seems to 'disengage' out of gear at 15mph and drops to about 700 revs then when i try and give it some power it just wont bite!

never heard of XHP, is that not something we can do with our audis?

yep cheers mate i found it and you are indeed correct it is the 8hp55 and the 8hp90 is the RS6!

yeah that would make sense, so really i think 750NM is probably the best bet without any slippage i think, (unless anyone else has gone truly above 850/900.
Have some clients driving with bitdi's with 875-940nm. Tuned at JD, Vagtechniek and one by VVT (van Vught tuning).

Which softwareversion was the original software of your gearbox?

This is what is is confusing me, the car/gearbox must be able to take the power!
I think my tuner said it was 2 software versions behind, so they updated to the latest version, they have made adaptations and adjusted the torque limiter etc, but the only thing is they said they havnt got the DAMOS (I think that’s the ecu “cheat cheat” tells you all the 1s and 0s) and cannot even buy it anywhere, so unless you know of anyone except JD that may have it? ‍♂️
I am stumped.
Cheers