Zada Tech dashboard integrated clock and boost gauge.

vrbob

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!
Reaction score
Right rather than keep posting in someone elses thread i thought i would start a new one..

I had been looking for boost gauge options in the last week or so and came across Zada Tech on ebay so had a look at their website Zada Tech and i really like the boost gauge that is integrated into the dash clocks where the clock is currently situated.

After looking at the website i noticed that they were in my neck of the woods so fired off an email and got in contact with Matin who said he would pop over to my house and give me a quick demo.

The product is very OEM looking and the only addition in the car is a small joystick to switch between the clock and the boost gauge. (The actual boost gauge plumbs in the same way as a normal boost gauge)

The screen can display multiple things but each one requires its own sensor (individually priced) and each sensor has to run to the relevant part of the engine.

Personally i am looking at just getting the boost gauge option withe the clock.

They also produce an OLED screen for a graphical coloured screen which you can see in this link OLED Boost Gauge - TDIClub Forums

I asked Matin if there was any option for group buys and he has offered a 10% discount for 10 or more orders or a 5% discount to ASN people.

I have a fitting instructions PDF to this post that shows how the integrated screen is fitted so PM me if you want to it or contact Matin via the Zada Tech website.

Rob

Last edited:
I looked into these too but came to the conclusion that for the amount of money for each additional sensor it made more sense to buy a Liquid Gauge which makes use of the existing sensors.

For those that want to keep their car looking OEM I think this is a great alternative but my car is well past looking OEM ;)

I may still be interested if the price is good.

Its only cos i dont wanna lose an air vent and not that keen on a pillar mount that i came across this (i am not affiliated with Zada Tech). Plus i do like keeping my interior quite OEM :)

Yeah if you want the gauge to have all the features like liquid does then it would be expensive and also a pain as you would have to run multiple sensor in the engine bay. According to Matin from Zada Tech they are working on a OBD version so maybe that will be a better solution.

Personally i want it just for the boost gauge option as it looks like the cost of that is £135 before any discount is applied which isnt too much more than a decent boost gauge and pod.

Just to clarify i am not running a group buy as such but this was the discount options that Matin has offered.

Just been confirmed that the ASN member price (individual) including the 5% discount for the LCD, controller box, joystick and boost sensor is £128.25.

Luckily as i am local i dont have to pay postage but you would need to add this to the cost otherwise.

So will see if i can get one towards the end of the month and get it installed for you guys to have a looksie.

If i can get my finances in order and my **** in gear i may well try and get it next week and install it before our mini meet if i can :)

Yeah thats not a bad plan or on our next tinkering session as it does look a little fiddly in places as you need to take your dash clocks apart to fit the new screen.

That looks like a tidy piece of kit, just what I have been looking for.
I just cant see how a 52mm gauge will fit whilst still looking OEM in our cars.

That looks like a tidy piece of kit, just what I have been looking for.
I just cant see how a 52mm gauge will fit whilst still looking OEM in our cars.

I agree mate its not that i dont think pod gauges are good its just not my cup of tea so i think this will suit my need without breaking the bank as such.

Keeping a close eye on this thread....

If you guys can fit these pretty easily I may have to PM you and see what sort of beer tokens it will take to fit one in mine :)

Something like this could easily be fitted in you sun visor, modified cup holder, inside arm rest it leaves your mind open for new ideas.