YouTube videos - oil change, DSG oil change etc

fast-ferret

Reaction score
Thought I’d share this channel in case people weren’t aware of it, Deutsche Auto Parts have bought a B8.5 project car so are posting regular videos on several very handy topics such as changing your engine oil, your DSG oil, I think soon they’re going to do the sports diff oil as well. Very very handy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtqrNCuhkOk6rnU4AK_LxAUk22gUHWwZe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roadrunner146, scotty76, youngsyp and 2 others
Thought I’d share this channel in case people weren’t aware of it, Deutsche Auto Parts have bought a B8.5 project car so are posting regular videos on several very handy topics such as changing your engine oil, your DSG oil, I think soon they’re going to do the sports diff oil as well. Very very handy!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtqrNCuhkOk6rnU4AK_LxAUk22gUHWwZe

Cheers bud. Link saved under 'Car Mechanics' playlist on my YouTube.

I'll stick with watching my normal YouTube distractions, like "fixing 50 year old engines".

Anyway, now that I've actually watched the TPMS video, one point which might have been missed, I think, is, if you have a slow to medium leaking tyre, get a low pressure warning, then when back home check and adjust all your tyre pressures, then reset the monitoring program - then leave your car unused for maybe a day, the logging of new data to use as correct reference data for "good" tyre pressures, might well end up being wrong data if your tyre is leaking - though the system should alarm again soon as the tyre deflates, so to make best use of this TPMS, always drive your car for a few miles as soon as adjusting your pressures and resetting TPMS as that lets it log and store what should be good data.

I'll stick with watching my normal YouTube distractions, like "fixing 50 year old engines".

Anyway, now that I've actually watched the TPMS video, one point which might have been missed, I think, is, if you have a slow to medium leaking tyre, get a low pressure warning, then when back home check and adjust all your tyre pressures, then reset the monitoring program - then leave your car unused for maybe a day, the logging of new data to use as correct reference data for "good" tyre pressures, might well end up being wrong data if your tyre is leaking - though the system should alarm again soon as the tyre deflates, so to make best use of this TPMS, always drive your car for a few miles as soon as adjusting your pressures and resetting TPMS as that lets it log and store what should be good data.

I haven’t watched their TPMS video but this occurred to me when I learned that it was the ABS sensor which monitored tyre pressure.