yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Stolen from Pistonheads leasing forum, anyone know anything about this?

"Anyone with and a4 in order expect long delays, cars just had a safety recall for 31,000 vehicles. In road cars will be fixed first with cars on order last.

Mines at dealers awaiting delivery and has now been delayed approx 8 weeks longer as parts are so difficult to supply currently"

Its a bit confusing, I had a wrong order placed in March with a build date of the end of June. The dealer had omitted an option so that order was cancelled and a new order placed on the 4th of June but at the moment the app says that the order is inBrussels but I have no dates yet. Bit miffed as I could have had the car late July/August and I am now back to just waiting!

Seriously?? What a mistake!!

Stolen from Pistonheads leasing forum, anyone know anything about this?

"Anyone with and a4 in order expect long delays, cars just had a safety recall for 31,000 vehicles. In road cars will be fixed first with cars on order last.

Mines at dealers awaiting delivery and has now been delayed approx 8 weeks longer as parts are so difficult to supply currently"

My dealer told me that any order made from now until the end of the year, will be a next year delivery. For example, they have a stock break with sunroofs in Q2 and A3 models.. Lot of pieces come from China, India, etc.. and know the transport between countries is very difficult.

So a little update on the MY2021 models from my dealer:

“Specification changes › Flat bottom steering wheel unavailable with Driver Assistance Pack – Tour, Vorsprung models now come standard with Multifunction steering wheel high.

Changes to some standard interior upholstery headrests, carpets and dashboards.

Due to new factory build rules flat bottom steering wheel is no longer available with Driver Assistance Pack - Tour.

All Vorsprung trims on A4 & S4 will now come standard with multi function steering wheel, (round) in replacement of flat bottom steering wheel. This also applies to any customer adding Driver Assistance Pack - Tour onto a non Vorsprung model with flat bottom steering wheel”

My car will be MY2020 and MY2021 won’t start till later in the year - unknown to me when.

As for the delays, my dealer said they are expecting my car in the UK end of July to Start if August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good and looks like the 2020 model might be preferable. I am back to square one with a new order date of the 4th of June and at 00 status! It could be a long frustrating wait.

Sounds good and looks like the 2020 model might be preferable. I am back to square one with a new order date of the 4th of June and at 00 status! It could be a long frustrating wait.

Yeah, looks that way for now.

I take it you don’t have a build date? Has the dealer given you a built date yet?

No build date yet I think that they were trying to keep the original date but I don’t hold out much hope. Just have to wait and see I will pester them again next week.

So a little update on the MY2021 models from my dealer:

“Specification changes › Flat bottom steering wheel unavailable with Driver Assistance Pack – Tour, Vorsprung models now come standard with Multifunction steering wheel high.

Changes to some standard interior upholstery headrests, carpets and dashboards.

Due to new factory build rules flat bottom steering wheel is no longer available with Driver Assistance Pack - Tour.

All Vorsprung trims on A4 & S4 will now come standard with multi function steering wheel, (round) in replacement of flat bottom steering wheel. This also applies to any customer adding Driver Assistance Pack - Tour onto a non Vorsprung model with flat bottom steering wheel”

My car will be MY2020 and MY2021 won’t start till later in the year - unknown to me when.

As for the delays, my dealer said they are expecting my car in the UK end of July to Start if August.

I also think that MY2020 will be better than MY2021. My dates are the same, no changes.

I ordered flat bottom steering wheel with Packs City & Tour.

Hmmm I ordered a vorsprung so hopefully it still has the flat bottom wheel in. Build date says 6th July at the moment so we will see what happens.....

Does anyone know what these Audi options are ?

"translatedOptions": ["QL5", "YEU", "2Z8"]

I only know "QL5" Dark tinted glass in rear seat area (Venus 35/Privacy) heat-insulating glass (green) in front

Its currently "in transit" .....
Code:
"orderStatus": "38",

"orderStatus": "30"
"statusDate": "2020-06-05T01:16:09+0100"

I think that 2Z8 is the model badge eg a4 not sure about yeu but there are some decoders on the Site if you search.

Reactions: pyrotenax
I have had an update from my Dealer. My build date has been delay to July 14th, so 11 days backward :( Bad news...

I've ordered a Black Edition in February and have just requested my order number as I wanted to track the progress.

I've logged in and I haven't even moved off of the 'Welcome' stage. Is this normal? Something feels like it's gone very wrong.

It also shows that the car is being built in Brussels rather than Germany. I didn't even think they produced the A4 in brussels?

Slightly concerned..

I had a courtesy phone call from my dealer yesterday to make sure everting is fine, and invited me in for a test drive if I wanted.

I spoke to him about possible delays to my order, as we saw earlier in this thread about 22 weeks delay. Essentially, as they explained it, larger “flagship” dealerships who turn over a large number of cars, get more (and it seems priority) build slots throughout the year from AUDI. Smaller dealerships will only get a few build slots, and might only get them for a set number of months at a time/set number of months in a year, before having to allocate build slots onto the next allocated months later in the year.

My understanding is that it sounds like local dealers might only get a few build slots in say Jan-March, then again, June-August then maybe October – Nov, (These are not factual months just how it was explained to me). So, if their build allocation is full, your order gets penciled in for later in the year when they get allocated more slots, and gets backfilled.

The dealer said, he has had people come from small dealerships to them, where they have waited months for a new car, and at their flagship dealership and they turned over the order very quickly as they have a large amount of build slots from AUDI throughout the year.

They were able to provide me an order number from AUDI within days of me ordering the car.

I thought it was an interesting conversation that I wanted to share with everyone here, and wasn’t sure how people at local dealerships have been informed, and I am of course not sure how accurate this is.

Reactions: elpeterol and chrisamayas
For some reason they all start off in Brussels - your order does seem a bit stuck, try phoning Audi customer support I have found them very helpful.

Reactions: chrisamayas
For some reason they all start off in Brussels - your order does seem a bit stuck, try phoning Audi
customer support I have found them very helpful.

Ah thanks, that's interesting, makes me slightly less concerned in that case.

I just hopped on Livechat and they couldn't even find my order from the order number. Might give Audi UK a call and see if they have any better luck.

I had a courtesy phone call from my dealer yesterday to make sure everting is fine, and invited me in for a test drive if I wanted.

I spoke to him about possible delays to my order, as we saw earlier in this thread about 22 weeks delay. Essentially, as they explained it, larger “flagship” dealerships who turn over a large number of cars, get more (and it seems priority) build slots throughout the year from AUDI. Smaller dealerships will only get a few build slots, and might only get them for a set number of months at a time/set number of months in a year, before having to allocate build slots onto the next allocated months later in the year.

My understanding is that it sounds like local dealers might only get a few build slots in say Jan-March, then again, June-August then maybe October – Nov, (These are not factual months just how it was explained to me). So, if their build allocation is full, your order gets penciled in for later in the year when they get allocated more slots, and gets backfilled.

The dealer said, he has had people come from small dealerships to them, where they have waited months for a new car, and at their flagship dealership and they turned over the order very quickly as they have a large amount of build slots from AUDI throughout the year.

They were able to provide me an order number from AUDI within days of me ordering the car.

I thought it was an interesting conversation that I wanted to share with everyone here, and wasn’t sure how people at local dealerships have been informed, and I am of course not sure how accurate this is.

Thank you very much for this article. It was a very interesting conversation.

Did your dates changed? Or are the same?

Thank you!

Mine was ordered 6th May and delivery date is 13th July. Had no change in date from the order date. Ordered from Northampton Audi!

Sorry meant build date of 14th July. But still not confident in these dates!

That sounds about right, as it seems most of us have similar order dates and that translates into similar build dates.

Out of interest, I know Northampton AUDI is Vindis, have you spoken to them about not having their company logo on your car? Or do you not mind? Personally, it is something that drives me crazy as my local dealer is also Vindis, and all their cars have their logo added on the back. I test drove a A3 Saloon in 2018 and they were a bit funny when I asked them to remove the logo if I bought the car.

Although it would of been great getting the car delivered within 2 months of ordering!

To be honest i havent really thought about the company logo! Is it big?? Where about do they put it?? Can you not just remove it??

I have asked for the car to be de-badged as i think it looks better with the engine and model removed. This wasnt an issue for them!

My A4 is on the MALACCA HIGHWAY (I hope that's a ship and not a road ), due into Sheerness tomorrow evening around 8pm

My A4 is on the MALACCA HIGHWAY (I hope that's a ship and not a road ), due into Sheerness tomorrow evening around 8pm

Well for all those waiting their cars into Sheerness, the MALACCA HIGHWAY has just left Emden ...

Leaving port

My model year is now 21 so at least something is happening! From what has been said I presume the earliest build is now late July week 30 or beyond. Hopefully only nice additions rather than taking off useful things but who knows

My model year is now 21 so at least something is happening! From what has been said I presume the earliest build is now late July week 30 or beyond. Hopefully only nice additions rather than taking off useful things but who knows

My model year has also updated to 21! Still no progress on the order however. Audi has basically said nothing they can do and to wait... I'm used to that by now, that's for sure!

just curious What date did your car finish production? mine has been in transit from factory for over a month

just curious What date did your car finish production? mine has been in transit from factory for over a month

I got a "stock" car ...
"orderSaleDate": "2020-06-04T00:00:00+0100"

It's currently at ..
"orderStatus": "40",
"statusDate": "2020-06-23T01:17:36+0100"

I got a "stock" car ...

It's currently at ..
Mine was from stock aswell. I ordered it on the 12/06/20. hopefully won't be too long now as you seem to be a week ahead.

Last edited:
I have had a call with my Dealer, and he told me that Audi finally has confirmed my build date. I will have a MY2020, build week will be 29th.

Start build chassis (body): July 10th
Painting: July 13th
Assembly: July 14th
Testing: July 15th
Leaving Ingolstadt: July 20th
Arriving in Madrid (Spain): August 6th

Reactions: StingingBurger
I have had a call with my Dealer, and he told me that Audi finally has confirmed my build date. I will have a MY2020, build week will be 29th.

Start build chassis (body): July 10th
Painting: July 13th
Assembly: July 14th
Testing: July 15th
Leaving Ingolstadt: July 20th
Arriving in Madrid (Spain): August 6th

Glad to hear you have a confirmed date now.
I like how your dealer was able to give the dates of painting, assembly etc.

Not too long to go now!

Glad to hear you have a confirmed date now.
I like how your dealer was able to give the dates of painting, assembly etc.

Not too long to go now!

They have a program that shows every date. With the order number it shows everything. I think every Audi dealer can give you these dates. Call yours and ask :)

Interestingly all of the A4 and its derivatives are now “subject to stock availability” on the Audi configurator. I presume this is because there will be some changes for the 2021 models?

Audi.ie A4 configurator: "As we are currently in a change over period, transitioning our model range from Model Year 2020 to Model Year 2021, we have kept Model Year 2020 live for the purposes of configuration. The standard equipment, pricing and consumption figures which are live may differ to Model Year 2021. Please contact your local authorised Audi dealer for further information on pricing and standard equipment."

I got a "stock" car ...

It's currently at ..
Hi quick question, when did your car move from status 30?

Checked this morning to be greeted with this .....

Arrived crop

Hi quick question, when did your car move from status 30?

These are all the status codes from my order ..

Code:
"orderStatus": "70",
"statusDate": "2020-06-25T01:17:23+0100"

"orderStatus": "39",
"statusDate": "2020-06-18T01:17:16+0100"

*Unsure about "38" unfortunately

Reactions: StingingBurger
Checked this morning to be greeted with this .....

View attachment 205334

These are all the status codes from my order ..

Code:
"orderStatus": "70",
"statusDate": "2020-06-25T01:17:23+0100"

"orderStatus": "39",
"statusDate": "2020-06-18T01:17:16+0100"

*Unsure about "38" unfortunately

Very exiting! Hopefully you will be able to pick it up and enjoy it soon!

I’d be on the phone with the dealer waning to pick it up today - work can wait!