yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I can only find the Audi configurator and the myAudi app, is the full name Audi UK app on the apple app store?
Btw you are right they must have removed it but it’s definitely still going . See my screen shots showing the app on the right hand side . You need the Audi Uk app then you can add your order in for the tracker ( screen shot also )

Attachments

• 77200BEE-F516-4591-AC58-7B8C3B0DB6A9.png
    77200BEE-F516-4591-AC58-7B8C3B0DB6A9.png
    848.5 KB · Views: 275
  • BD3D2EA5-6951-43CD-A7DC-55206A9821A1.png
    BD3D2EA5-6951-43CD-A7DC-55206A9821A1.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 293
Btw you are right they must have removed it but it’s definitely still going . See my screen shots showing the app on the right hand side . You need the Audi Uk app then you can add your order in for the tracker ( screen shot also )

Strange, they must have removed it. Maybe it's because I'm on the latest iPhone and they haven't released it for those models yet? Weird.

Thanks for your help!

Managed to login in to the order tracker on the website, my order is still in the welcome stage.

The details on my app say "in preparation" whereas the website tracker says "order received" so they're not keeping them in sync.

Would anyone please explain what happened to the model range on the Audi website? Haven't been checking it for a while, went online the other day and couldn't recognise all the badging et al, for example what's all that 35, 40, 50 business? And where are the 3l engines on the A4s? Are they gone for good or are they just updating their website currently?
Don't want to believe that they've removed the 3l engines. My 218 is so good. Been planning to upgrade to the 272 at some point. WTF?

The 3.0 A4 is now called the 50 TDi and now has 286 ps. The nomenclature for the whole Audi range has been changed to make it easier to compare petrol/diesel/electric (mainly the latter) with each other.

The 3.0 A4 is now called the 50 TDi and now has 286 ps. The nomenclature for the whole Audi range has been changed to make it easier to compare petrol/diesel/electric (mainly the latter) with each other.

I see. So they've removed different PS versions of each engine?
Also, I can't seem to be able to find the 50 TDI 286..?

I see. So they've removed different PS versions of each engine?
Also, I can't seem to be able to find the 50 TDI 286..?
I think the 286 are yet to receive WLTP certification, a guy on here (@TimkinBokeh ) has been waiting since last March for one. The 218 and 272 have been discontinued.

Reactions: akk_0091
It's probably buried somewhere in the previous 83 pages, but does anyone know how to remove a car or a cancelled order from the Audi Order Tracker website?

It's probably buried somewhere in the previous 83 pages, but does anyone know how to remove a car or a cancelled order from the Audi Order Tracker website?
I don't think you can, still got my A4 order on mine and can't see a way to get rid if it.

That's what I found - no way to delete an order or a car no longer owned. Daft system!

You can, log in to the owners section on the Audi uk website, click on ‘add car or order’ and you can see the options.

0745316B 2FFC 4382 8688 4DEA007ED383

You can, log in to the owners section on the Audi uk website, click on ‘add car or order’ and you can see the options.

View attachment 175042
Thanks for the reply. I removed my old S3 using that method last week. What I cannot do is remove the cancelled order for an A4 as there is no remove option.

I ordered my new A4 on 6th Feb. I've spoke to Audi who say i have an unconfirmed build date of week 10 (4th March) but i'm not able to track my order online. Every time I enter my order number i get the message "sorry order not found", anyone else having these issues?

I ordered mine on the 10th Jan, the build date was week 6. I too have been unble to track my order, and I’ve been getting the same message as you - very frustrating. I have contacted Audi on Twitter, and they’ve been helpful it keeping me up to date. On Sunday I was informed that my car was on it a way to the port in Germany.

Nice, you should have it next couple of weeks then. Audi have been great when I've asked for an update, I'm just hoping I get a confirmed build date of week 10 and it doesn't go out any further. Audi UK did say they were going to look into the tracking issues but its still not working at present. Hopefully mine will be in the UK before Brexit or god knows what could happen.

It took almost 13 months but my car has finally made it to the dealer.

Posting the full JSON output for people who are interested in timings, etc.

Code:
orderHistory": [
        {
          "orderStatus": "70",
          "statusDate": "2019-04-03T01:04:04+0100"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "40",
          "statusDate": "2019-03-14T15:29:49+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "39",
          "statusDate": "2019-03-14T14:59:18+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "30",
          "statusDate": "2019-02-23T01:05:05+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "24",
          "statusDate": "2019-02-18T00:00:00+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "23",
          "statusDate": "2019-02-16T00:00:00+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "22",
          "statusDate": "2019-02-15T00:00:00+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "21",
          "statusDate": "2019-02-14T00:00:00+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "20",
          "statusDate": "2019-01-29T01:03:58+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "10",
          "statusDate": "2019-01-23T01:03:41+0000"
        },
        {
          "orderStatus": "00",
          "statusDate": "2018-03-16T01:12:14+0000"
        }
      ]

Reactions: DaveW, Kakatk, cuke2u and 1 other person
Wow at long last, you're a patient man, Tim. Dont forget the pics when the big day arrives.

Reactions: cuke2u
Hi All! This is my first post so apologies if I'm not following the "rules" - I've searched everywhere and have not been able to find any answers anywhere and my dealership has none either -

Ordered a Audi A3 Saloon 1.5 TFSI S-Tronic Black Edition ( + Comfort and Sound pack in Mythos black) in mid January 2019, and still have received no build date or any confirmations on the Audi tracking app, I have an order number and also a screenshot of the order from Audi but I'm getting little to no reasoning as to why this is taking so long to get the order through.

I cannot find anything recent on the forums or the net about delays to the A3 Builds and specifically to the Saloons, so if anyone else is in the same boat and has any helpful information I'd really appreciate the feedback!

This is the A4 track new car thread but have you tried contacting AudiUK?

Apologies, I was on my phone before and missed that it was an A4 car thread

Yeh I tried them too, but still no joy, they said they're unsure when it will be built but would not give me a reason. Sytner saying all sorts - Black Edition production line is different so there is a longer waiting list and then stuff about cars getting damaged when the UK had those crazy winds at the ports so they had to go back

Looked at the whole WLTP thing and nothing crops up about it affecting the A3

Pretty irritating to be honest, my only real financially beneficial option is to stay with Audi

I ordered a new Audi S4 Avant, and last week it had a build date of 21st October (wish I had screen shotted this) and now it says the following:

Upload 2019 10 4 19 37 39

This seems like a step back. Is this typical?

Normal, they collect the parts after confirming the build date. Generally build confirmed to actually building is 4 weeks

I think Audi S4 are now Diesels. Maybe yours is a new build?
Yes that is correct. Diesel. I test drove it back to back with a petrol. This is my review.

..... I test drove the following vehicles back-to-back to see which I liked the best
  • Audi S4 Avant (2018) 6 cylinder 3.0L petrol (354 PS) petrol model - CO2 emissions combined (National V) of 175g/km with combined cycle 7.7l/100 km 0-60 in 4.9 secs
  • Audi S4 Avant (2019) turbocharged diesel V6 with 48V mild-hybrid, -CO2 emissions combined 166 g/km with combined cycle of 44.8 (NECD) 0-60 in 4.9 secs
The diesel also has a system called AdBlue which is a liquid solution of urea (the stuff found in urine), and when it meets a hot exhaust system it releases ammonia which is a catalyst to a chemical reaction that converts dangerous Nitrogen Oxides into two harmless products – water vapour and Nitrogen

I drove the petrol first, then the diesel

Engine Sounds
  • The petrol was very smooth, with a classic petrol rev sounds.
  • The diesel was a more grunty/grainy sound. I understand it is acoustically enhanced. Not as nice as the petrol but perfectly fine.
Handling and Performance
  • Both cars handled very similarly, were both 4 wheel drive and felt fast.
  • The petrol somehow felt faster at the same speeds as the diesel which seemed to reach higher speeds with less fuss and you had to keep a close eye on the speedometer to ensure you did not go over the limit.
  • The performance felt the same. I did not notice any turbo lag from the diesel (apparently addressed by the mild hybrid system).
Technology
  • Both had Virtual Cockpits. The 2019 car had a newer system that looked a little more clear (with slightly larger central screen with touch) whereas the 2018 car had a MMI system.
  • In the news car the VC looked sharper and had driving tip pop ups with I liked
Which car did I like best?
  • From a pure driving experience/sound experience I liked the 2018 petrol car better
Which car would I buy?
  • Taking a real world view, and thinking about emissions, cost of motoring, and given the similarities of the cars performance I would go for the diesel, on the basis it handled the same, would ultimately have lower emissions and running costs, and be a year newer, taking into account when financed, due to lower APR on a new diesel car the costs were not that different for the buyer for a 1 year old petrol, despite the diesel being ~£10k more if bought outright.
  • If finances were less of an issue I would go for a Audi RS4 Avant when the new model comes out :)

My conclusion
  • Audi have done a great job with new diesel S4. Purists (petrolheads) probably won't like it as much as the petrol version but it's almost as good, and as a practical car it is a better option.

Reactions: B5NUT
Yes that is correct. Diesel. I test drove it back to back with a petrol. This is my review.

..... I test drove the following vehicles back-to-back to see which I liked the best
  • Audi S4 Avant (2018) 6 cylinder 3.0L petrol (354 PS) petrol model - CO2 emissions combined (National V) of 175g/km with combined cycle 7.7l/100 km 0-60 in 4.9 secs
  • Audi S4 Avant (2019) turbocharged diesel V6 with 48V mild-hybrid, -CO2 emissions combined 166 g/km with combined cycle of 44.8 (NECD) 0-60 in 4.9 secs
The diesel also has a system called AdBlue which is a liquid solution of urea (the stuff found in urine), and when it meets a hot exhaust system it releases ammonia which is a catalyst to a chemical reaction that converts dangerous Nitrogen Oxides into two harmless products – water vapour and Nitrogen

I drove the petrol first, then the diesel

Engine Sounds
  • The petrol was very smooth, with a classic petrol rev sounds.
  • The diesel was a more grunty/grainy sound. I understand it is acoustically enhanced. Not as nice as the petrol but perfectly fine.
Handling and Performance
  • Both cars handled very similarly, were both 4 wheel drive and felt fast.
  • The petrol somehow felt faster at the same speeds as the diesel which seemed to reach higher speeds with less fuss and you had to keep a close eye on the speedometer to ensure you did not go over the limit.
  • The performance felt the same. I did not notice any turbo lag from the diesel (apparently addressed by the mild hybrid system).
Technology
  • Both had Virtual Cockpits. The 2019 car had a newer system that looked a little more clear (with slightly larger central screen with touch) whereas the 2018 car had a MMI system.
  • In the news car the VC looked sharper and had driving tip pop ups with I liked
Which car did I like best?
  • From a pure driving experience/sound experience I liked the 2018 petrol car better
Which car would I buy?
  • Taking a real world view, and thinking about emissions, cost of motoring, and given the similarities of the cars performance I would go for the diesel, on the basis it handled the same, would ultimately have lower emissions and running costs, and be a year newer, taking into account when financed, due to lower APR on a new diesel car the costs were not that different for the buyer for a 1 year old petrol, despite the diesel being ~£10k more if bought outright.
  • If finances were less of an issue I would go for a Audi RS4 Avant when the new model comes out :)

My conclusion
  • Audi have done a great job with new diesel S4. Purists (petrolheads) probably won't like it as much as the petrol version but it's almost as good, and as a practical car it is a better option.
Interesting letter in this weeks Autocar. Diesel S4 has fake exhausts and fake noise, clearly the author is unimpressed.

Interesting letter in this weeks Autocar. Diesel S4 has fake exhausts and fake noise, clearly the author is unimpressed.
Please can you take a photo of the letter and share here.

As we are in the era of Fake News perhaps fake noise is not so bad? I think lots of cars do have fake noise. I will have to make the fake exhaust pipes dirty once the car is run in to match the real ones!

As I say in my review the petrol has a nicer engine and a much nicer sound, but otherwise the oil burner performs the same. And it’s economy for most of my real world driving will be better.

Some say that Torque is important and the oil burner has more in the mid range. I’m not really sure what that means? Will it accelerate better from 40-70mph than the petrol?

In the end I chose the oil burner as I like the tech, it was a new car, and on finance it is cheaper than an outgoing petrol S4 of the same spec. Perhaps in the end I’ll regret not going for the petrol. I’ll report back after a month with the new S4 Avant sometime early next year

Please can you take a photo of the letter and share here.

As we are in the era of Fake News perhaps fake noise is not so bad? I think lots of cars do have fake noise. I will have to make the fake exhaust pipes dirty once the car is run in to match the real ones!

As I say in my review the petrol has a nicer engine and a much nicer sound, but otherwise the oil burner performs the same. And it’s economy for most of my real world driving will be better.

Some say that Torque is important and the oil burner has more in the mid range. I’m not really sure what that means? Will it accelerate better from 40-70mph than the petrol?

In the end I chose the oil burner as I like the tech, it was a new car, and on finance it is cheaper than an outgoing petrol S4 of the same spec. Perhaps in the end I’ll regret not going for the petrol. I’ll report back after a month with the new S4 Avant sometime early next year

69AE6860 2F88 4BE5 8C77 EC55D35DBAE9

Autocar letter although it states S6 the S4 is exactly the same
FYI @WarwickBoy my S4 Avant was showing it was due to commence build 7 Oct. when I checked today on MyAudi it’s in Quality Control!

Reactions: RGBARGEE and WarwickBoy
View attachment 191534
FYI @WarwickBoy my S4 Avant was showing it was due to commence build 7 Oct. when I checked today on MyAudi it’s in Quality Control!

Thank you. And wow. When did you place your order? I placed mine on 23rd September.

Did you like me have to sign the Brexit price increase clause? (although they agreed I could cancel if Brexit did cause tariff increases)

I think you have good news. If they had indicated they were to start the build on 7th October and it is now built and in quality control ahead of that date it will hopefully be ready for shipping to you soon?

Is your S4 Avant actually one of the last of the “classic” petrol builds or like me have you gone for the diesel.

Clearly some UK S4 Avants have been built as they are available for test drive at dealers. But I’m not sure whether these are like the UK press cars which are fully loaded with options including those you can’t yet order (eg sports diff, adaptive steering) or actual UK spec cars. I foolishly did not ask about this.

I have just checked my order on the web site and it has now changed to “Your S4 Avant will begin construction on 21st October 2019”

My order was placed on 2 September and the dealer swapped out one of their stock orders for me.

No Brexit price clause, not even mentioned.

It is the TDi I have ordered which is replacing a petrol so it will be interesting to compare when it arrives.

The S4s currently at dealers are no reflection of the spec available for the UK. Even when the Vorsprung is released they will not have some of the kit on them as uptake on some options on the petrol model meant they were dropped by Audi UK. WLTP has certainly reduced the option availability, less numbers of cars to test.

Did you happen to look in the boot of the TDi Avant? With the 48v battery having to be situated somewhere, I am assuming it will be in the spare wheel well so no spare wheel availability. In the S4 saloon I looked at, the boot floor is fixed down.

Reactions: WarwickBoy
View attachment 191534
Thanks for posting! I re read my Copy of Autocar and spotted my error. It does indeed say A6 but I can confirm the A4 is similar. In last 11 years I’ve owned A5 3.0tdi quattro coupe and cabriolet, A7 TDI BT, S3 x2 , RS3 , B9 RS4 x2. I have nothing against diesel per Se and would buy another but whilst having tremendous torque they are generally more restricted in the rpm department. Loving my petrol RS4 and sad that both diesel and petrol have been demonised.

My order was placed on 2 September and the dealer swapped out one of their stock orders for me.

No Brexit price clause, not even mentioned.

It is the TDi I have ordered which is replacing a petrol so it will be interesting to compare when it arrives.

The S4s currently at dealers are no reflection of the spec available for the UK. Even when the Vorsprung is released they will not have some of the kit on them as uptake on some options on the petrol model meant they were dropped by Audi UK. WLTP has certainly reduced the option availability, less numbers of cars to test.

Did you happen to look in the boot of the TDi Avant? With the 48v battery having to be situated somewhere, I am assuming it will be in the spare wheel well so no spare wheel availability. In the S4 saloon I looked at, the boot floor is fixed down.

Yes, the boot is the same as the saloon, with a fixed floor, save for the glue and tool kit under the section closest to the rear seats (Audi Milton Keynes now have both a Turbo Blue S4 saloon and a Tango Red S4 Avant).

I ordered my (then petrol) lease S4 on 6th April 2018 and the (now diesel) car is, according to the tracker, built and in the UK pending delivery to my dealer. I'm hoping it will be available for collection by the end of the week, or early the following week. 18 months+ must be some sort of record!

Reactions: WarwickBoy and Soot1e
BD646339 0127 4299 AA2A CF3CA34E4876

Looks like this confirms what I thought about the 48v battery location!

Reactions: cuke2u
I must admit I did not ask about spare wheels. The salesman mentioned that the Audi S4 petrol did not have run flats, and I think I assumed it had a spare wheel. Do we know whether the new Audi S4 diesel has
1) Run Flats
2) Space Saver Spare Wheel
3) Full Spare Wheel

I think the outgoing petrol S4 has 2) so assume the new diesel S4 also has a space saver but does anyone know for sure.

Is anyone going for tyre insurance. I had it on my previous but one BMW and it paid for itself as I had two tyre failures, but since then not bothered and 'touch wood' had no issues with tyre failure, only standard wear and tear.

I'm told that in a 4x4 one generally has to replace all 4 tyres at once (£1200+ I think) whereas in the real wheel drive beemer you could swap them around to even up the wear.

Finally on tyres, with a 4x4 does one need winter tyres or do the regular ones work?

(Post purchase research! :blink: )

Unfortunately it's glue and compressor kit only. With the 48V battery there's no room for a spare, even a space saver.

I think the outgoing petrol S4 has 2) so assume the new diesel S4 also has a space saver but does anyone know for sure.

Correct, it has a space saver where the battery is in the new one.

I'm told that in a 4x4 one generally has to replace all 4 tyres at once (£1200+ I think) whereas in the real wheel drive beemer you could swap them around to even up the wear.

Finally on tyres, with a 4x4 does one need winter tyres or do the regular ones work?

Not sure what tyres they have on the diesel but the continentals they put on the petrol S4s cost about £650 for a full set. When my fronts hit the legal limit I had about 3mm left on the rears so made sense to change all 4.

Didn't bother with winter tyres as the summer tyres were fine in winter, the quattro system works great in all weather conditions.

I had run flats in previous BMW and the grip on those was awful. I'll never get another car with run flats after that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk