yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I've heard production has stopped and if no build date it should be a MY19 model. Don't know if that's the facelift model though?

I've heard production has stopped and if no build date it should be a MY19 model. Don't know if that's the facelift model though?
My order got delayed and delayed then last week they rang up and said the same. They are stopping production so that they can start making the 2019 facelifted models. Hopefully we will know more soon.

Reactions: DaveW
Ordered a 2.0 TFSI Black Edition S-Tronic on 2nd May and now becoming a bit concerned I won't see it this year. Delivery date still showing as 6th September on my dealer's portal but haven't been given a build date.

Shouldn't this sort of thing have been highlighted to us by the dealers before we ordered? Having done a bit of research on WLTP it sounds like it's been in the pipeline for a while.

Reactions: Hambee1234 and DaveW
Yes in the pipeline but I as I understood it the testing criteria was only at it's final proposal in May 2018.

Ordered a 2.0 TFSI Black Edition S-Tronic on 2nd May and now becoming a bit concerned I won't see it this year. Delivery date still showing as 6th September on my dealer's portal but haven't been given a build date.

Shouldn't this sort of thing have been highlighted to us by the dealers before we ordered? Having done a bit of research on WLTP it sounds like it's been in the pipeline for a while.

Copied my post below from the WLTP chat for info below, I would be keen to know how you get on with yours ! cheers,

At the end of April I ordered a new company car A4 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 190PS S tronic 4 doors saloon and the dealer originally estimated the end of July to the first week of August for my delivery. Up to now the car still doesn't have a build week and the WLTP issue has prevented this from happening.
He advises that the changes for compliance to WLTP around engine performance, emissions, MPG etc... will be applied to the new car build, and potentially some MY2019 spec changes for extra items FOC... but I think this is just him fobbing me off because of the delays.

He says it will be around mid July now at the earliest before he can give me any further update. Dealers is Audi Halesowen, West Midlands who looks after our fleet services. Not sure how true the lead time may be now as it was due July/August, but if there are any added FOC extras they would be welcome, but I think he using some sales man stalling tactics haha...
Not sure when to expect the car now.?

Just as an FYI for those heading on hols shortly - the Audi tracker appears to be blocked for access from certain countries.

Been trying to login to check progress of my car but gives me an access denied error. Sure you can probably get around it with a VPN, but an excuse to actually enjoy your holiday rather needlessly waste away time on the tracker!

Not sure if applies to all countries but I’m away in the Far East.

Copied my post below from the WLTP chat for info below, I would be keen to know how you get on with yours ! cheers,

At the end of April I ordered a new company car A4 Black Edition 2.0 TDI 190PS S tronic 4 doors saloon and the dealer originally estimated the end of July to the first week of August for my delivery. Up to now the car still doesn't have a build week and the WLTP issue has prevented this from happening.
He advises that the changes for compliance to WLTP around engine performance, emissions, MPG etc... will be applied to the new car build, and potentially some MY2019 spec changes for extra items FOC... but I think this is just him fobbing me off because of the delays.

He says it will be around mid July now at the earliest before he can give me any further update. Dealers is Audi Halesowen, West Midlands who looks after our fleet services. Not sure how true the lead time may be now as it was due July/August, but if there are any added FOC extras they would be welcome, but I think he using some sales man stalling tactics haha...
Not sure when to expect the car now.?

Yep, sounds like we're in the same boat! What I would say is you were quoted a much shorted lead time than I was (I'm going through Select Car Leasing).

I was told 12-14 weeks during initial discussions, which then became 20 weeks after I ordered. If it increases again as a result of this malarkey I'd definitely consider chancing my arm and seeing what other goodies I can get thrown in.

I'm fortunate that I own my current car and therefore can afford to wait, but I still would genuinely have considered going for an Approved Used if I'd known from the outset the wait would be this long.

Reactions: Hambee1234
I originally looked at getting a Leon Cupra 300 DSG and was advised it would be a 20+ week wait time... so decided on the A4 instead as it was a June/July delivery ha ha.

Should have stuck with the Cupra

Not sure how accurate this is but I was told the only new models that can be ordered/built at present are new A7 and advance orders for the new A6, everything else is on hold due to WLTP and the 2019 model changes, only option if you want it quicker is current stock vehicles already built or on their way.

Reactions: Powerenhancer
Not sure how accurate this is but I was told the only new models that can be ordered/built at present are new A7 and advance orders for the new A6, everything else is on hold due to WLTP and the 2019 model changes, only option if you want it quicker is current stock vehicles already built or on their way.

Sounds about right. Most model lines are closed in prep for MY19 changes with further delays likely for MLTP compliance.

by the sounds of it from a few of these posts i ordered my Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Black Edition S-Tronic just in time (17th april). changing the subject dont think the tracking system can be trusted just gives you false hope half the time audi don't have a clue whats going on. My audi arrived in the UK on the 13th of june so I emailed Audi UK for a delivery date they rang me the following Monday on the 18th june and said its still on the ship at the port despite the ship docking in the UK on the 13th and said its going to be a minimum of 2 weeks until it arrives at dealership possibly 3 weeks. But then I got an email today and a very pleasant surprise from the dealership saying to car is getting delivered to them tomorrow! :yahoo:

QUOTE="doncarlyon, post: 3272329, member: 131656"]I don't even like to wait 9 days :puke::puke::puke:[/QUOTE]
Hate to say this and rub it in, I ordered my a4 at the end of september and took delivery the 28th October. They must have had a prebooked slot...

by the sounds of it from a few of these posts i ordered my Audi A4 2.0 TFSI Black Edition S-Tronic just in time (17th april). changing the subject dont think the tracking system can be trusted just gives you false hope half the time audi don't have a clue whats going on. My audi arrived in the UK on the 13th of june so I emailed Audi UK for a delivery date they rang me the following Monday on the 18th june and said its still on the ship at the port despite the ship docking in the UK on the 13th and said its going to be a minimum of 2 weeks until it arrives at dealership possibly 3 weeks. But then I got an email today and a very pleasant surprise from the dealership saying to car is getting delivered to them tomorrow! :yahoo:

I was in regular contact with the dealer and they always seemed to know what was going on, Audi provides them with more accurate order tracking than we get. Not sure why Audi UK would not have access to this, but perhaps they are just general customer service so they're not given access?

I was in regular contact with the dealer and they always seemed to know what was going on, Audi provides them with more accurate order tracking than we get. Not sure why Audi UK would not have access to this, but perhaps they are just general customer service so they're not given access?
During the tracking process the dealership said to me multiple tines that i can see more than him and when the car was delayed at emden he said he would ring Audi UK the find out what was going on. So when the guy was on holiday i contacted Audi UK direct so the false information they gave me must of been given to them by someone with some sort of role at the UK port they were quite specific in what they were telling me. But by just looking at a few of these posts the timescales betweem each tracking status varies so much which is not as smooth as it seems when you are using the order tracker which gives alot of people false hope

Just checked my order and it is now showing as cancelled.
Rang the dealers who reckon the facelift has been brought forward because of a new BMW 3 Series coming out. So my order should reappear sometime as the facelifted model.
If you don't have a build date yet, it may be worth checking yours out.

I am sure that the dealerships will be the last to know about the facelift, but then you never know. However the release date of the 3-series has hardly been a secret..

Hi, stumbled across this whilst looking for answers on where my order is.
Ordered 25/05 with the dealer promising me a delivery date of beginning of Sept.
no build date as yet (as with many people from the thread) but the lack of any information is concerning.
We’re a one car family and the current lease ends on 31/08. I can get around on bike for a couple of weeks but my wife can’t. If the order is going to be delayed by more than a couple of weeks I may have to cancel it but the later the news comes the more difficulty I’ll have ordering a replacement.
The potential for a facelift vehicle is appealing but not if delayed too long.

I'm not sure what car you have ordered, which might make a difference in terms of delivery times.....but for all the reasons you have seen on here, I would be concerned about that promise. All I can say is that I ordered an S4 at the end of April, and after weeks of no build date and much discussions with both Audi UK and my dealership, all parties agreed there was diddly squat chance of it arriving before September. The dealership helped me find a near identical car that another dealership had ordered as a stock vehicle, but just further along in the order process, which the dealerships agreed to do a transfer deal on, and that will arrive in the next few weeks. The dealership (Huntingdon Audi) were great about things, as they promised that if I didn't want the vehicle they found on the Audi new car system, they would lend me a car until my S4 arrived. Can't ask for more than that. I would be asking your dealership what they are going to do to help you if the car doesn't arrive on time as promised. If your dealership are not as supportive as mine was, you could always seek the help of Audi UK (who will put pressure on the dealership) by emailing Andrew Doyle, the UK head of Audi on andrew.doyle@audi.co.uk

I ordered same day as yourself 25th May but I’m out the country until Nov so don’t need a car until then. From what I’ve been told by Audi UK, dealers can start placing orders again first week of August BW31/32. This seems to align with VW & Skoda timeframes. However people on Skoda forum have actually got BW31/32 for MY19 orders. Which would mean they’d be looking for start Sep delivery.

Problem with Audi is if an order is placed on BW31/32 then it could be as little 4 weeks until it’ll be built. You’ll probably find the order would be locked a few days after ordering. So there is a chance a car could be delivered mid September.

Another problem is though what allocation will each dealer get when order books reopen, how many orders will they have built up in that time (backlog), and finally how will the dealer prioritise customer orders. I’d like to think in the order in which people placed then but who knows.

I think a lot of it will be to do with engine types as well as certain engines seem to be built on certain BWs

Mine is a lease deal. It appears Audi have stopped discounts to lease brokers so it was actually cheaper to go direct.
I’ve ordered through Halesowen Audi and ended up speaking with the head of leasing as the sales rep went on holiday. They know I need the car for beginning of Sept, end at a push as I’m in and out the country that month but will be a pain getting from A to B, and were told when I decided to go through them. I could have gone through a broker for 31/08 delivery but wanted to save £300 in fees.
I’ve ordered a 1.4TFSI S-line S-tronic Avant with tech pack in ibis white. Only other option selected was the comfort suspension as Birmingham roads are ****** shocking.

I’ll give them two weeks to let me know what’s happening and it also depends on my second choice being available (initially it wasn’t but all of a sudden there seems to be lots of deals on now)

I can cope without a car for a few weeks but the wife depends on one daily.

I guess it gives me an additional stress to distract from the day to day ones!!

1. I have checked and my build week is ‘201830’ does this mean its build week 30?

2. Audi order online says my car is expected to be built on 23 July 2018, I’m worried about the WLTP, will this affect me or am i safe??

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I have checked and my build week is ‘201830’ does this mean its build week 30?

2. Audi order online says my car is expected to be built on 23 July 2018, I’m worried about the WLTP, will this affect me or am i safe??

Cheers

Yes build week 30 is w/c 23 July. This should leave enough time for the car to be registered before 1st September.

This is another reason they have stopped taking orders because they might not be able to guarantee a car would be delivered and registrated before 31 August, as all cars from 1st September have to be homologation under WLTP.

BW31/32 should see WLTP compliant cars being produced

Reactions: Inti786
Yes build week 30 is w/c 23 July. This should leave enough time for the car to be registered before 1st September.

This is another reason they have stopped taking orders because they might not be able to guarantee a car would be delivered and registrated before 31 August, as all cars from 1st September have to be homologation under WLTP.

BW31/32 should see WLTP compliant cars being produced

Cheers thanks for that!!!

Another question, is there any way i can still
Get the 68 plate?... if the car is delivered before 1st sept... can i ask dealers to register the car on 1st sept and i can collect then...

Thanks

Reactions: f1nny
Cheers thanks for that!!!

Another question, is there any way i can still
Get the 68 plate?... if the car is delivered before 1st sept... can i ask dealers to register the car on 1st sept and i can collect then...

Thanks

Only if the car you’ve ordered is WLTP compliant but as far as I’m aware only the new A7 and new A6 are are the moment, and the new A1 when it’s open to order.

There’s a link here to a German database of cars already tested. It’s shocking how far VW and Audi are behind compared to other manufacturers.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

So your car would have to be registered before the 1st September on a “18 plate”.

Like previously stated only cars that are WLTP tested can be registered after 1st September on a “68 plate”

Reactions: Powerenhancer, DaveW and Inti786
Reactions: f1nny
When you consider the breadth of the model range they have barely started!
Yep. Especially when you consider their biggest two competitors have tested most of their range.

The list doesn’t seem to have any Skoda or SEAT vehicles which is strange as some of their models are orderable now for MY19 from BW31.

Just called the dealer regarding my order – A4 2.0TDI S-Line Ultra – ordered on the 1st May

Update I am getting is similar to others here. All the MY18 build slots have now been allocated and hence no new orders are being accepted until MY19 production starts

My order will therefore be a MY19 car with whatever tweaks / updates are in line for MY19. I was expecting the car to arrive in September, that now look unlikely.

I've been on the live chat with Newcastle Audi, apparently someone is going to give me a call about my order.

Not holding my breath. My gut instinct is to cancel the order and request a refund of the admin fee paid.

I have never known anything like it. If a company cant provide the product, why advertise it for sale... and why advertise special offer deals? It's really starting to annoy me now.

Order tracker been at 38 for a couple of weeks now. Spoke to CS on live chat and car is at the UK Port (Grimsby I think) and transport order raised yesterday morning, so not long now hopefully! And another example of the tracker not being very accurate!

Only if the car you’ve ordered is WLTP compliant but as far as I’m aware only the new A7 and new A6 are are the moment, and the new A1 when it’s open to order.

There’s a link here to a German database of cars already tested. It’s shocking how far VW and Audi are behind compared to other manufacturers.

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/default.aspx

So your car would have to be registered before the 1st September on a “18 plate”.

Like previously stated only cars that are WLTP tested can be registered after 1st September on a “68 plate”

Good find. If that list is remotely accurate then Audi have a very difficult few months ahead.

Halesowen Audi have just called me. Apparently by the end of next week Audi will be able to tell customers who will get MY18 and MY19 cars and some more information will be released on the tracker.
Thankfully I’ve mnaged to speak with my current lease company who are happy for me to have the car for up to an additional 6 months so no pressure on the Audi delivery now.

I’ve just posted this in another thread but it seems we have two when talking about MY19 so here’s a copy and paste.

Doing my usual round on the German Audi forum using trusty google translate and I’ve come across this with regards to the A4 facelift being on on pre-sale (what ever that means) from MY19. This is in Germany mind.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/de...-audi-a4-avanterfolgsmodelle-in-topform-10394

It translates to this;

Audi makes its successful premium middle class even more attractive. In the 2019 model year, the A4 saloon and A4 Avant will receive redesigned bumpers, which together with the new wheel design underline the sporty character. The likewise new equipment line S line competition sets further dynamic accents.
In the new model year, the Audi A4 captivates with a more distinctive front, starting with the design and sport lines. Strong, pentagonal contours capture the outer air inlets - webs in aluminum look structure their interior. The S line exterior package features new bumpers with a sportier look. These are characterized by a strong wedge-shaped cut. A U-shaped clasp separates the outer area from the inside, which is adorned with a honeycomb grid. In the air inlets, separate openings divert a portion of the wind into the wheel arches, where it flows past the wheels.

The single-frame grill also serves to differentiate between the equipment lines. In the S line exterior package, its grid now also integrates slats in 3D optics. A blade completes the front down. The rear bumper is also in the new look as standard. Two wide, trapezoidal exhaust fins replace the previous round tailpipes. The diffuser area between them has narrowed. Also redesigned are the wheels, which can be ordered in the 16 to 19 inch format.

For the first time, the equipment package S line competition in the A4 series is also available. It includes several exclusive innovations - the blade in the front bumper and the rockfall protection strip in selenite silver, an RS rear spoiler in the A4 Avant and, among others, the new paint color Turbo Blue. The rear doors carry the four rings in the lower area - depending on the exterior color in silver or black. With the equipment package, the customer also receives sporty technology features - 19-inch wheels from Audi Sport, red brake calipers, sports suspension and LED headlights.

In the interior, the S line competition is based on the interior package S line black and expanded with RS carbon inlays, a three-spokemultifunction steering wheel and black part leather sport seats. Alternatively, customers can opt for S sports seats in Magmarot or in other colors.

In Germany, the presale of the Audi A4 sedan and the A4 Avant model year 2019 will begin in the third quarter of 2018

Last edited:
As the MY19 has been announced bar the engine specs I thought I have a quick look on ifinterface (some sort of ETKA) and it appears BW31 is the date for MY19 production.

Here’s a picture of the new rear bumper with the date from 30 July 2018
608043C0 72BC 415E 833C 962CF9581C5C

However there doesn’t seem to be a new 1.5 engine listed as yet but there does seem to be a new Catalytic converter from 30 July 2018.

A432B991 5053 4583 A1C6 70DA8D497594

I’m sure all will become apparent and official in the next couple weeks

Well after speaking to Newcastle Audi on Monday and being promised a call back... I've heard nothing.

Great service!

I’ve just posted this in another thread but it seems we have two when talking about MY19 so here’s a copy and paste.

Doing my usual round on the German Audi forum using trusty google translate and I’ve come across this with regards to the A4 facelift being on on pre-sale (what ever that means) from MY19. This is in Germany mind.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/de...-audi-a4-avanterfolgsmodelle-in-topform-10394

It translates to this;

Audi makes its successful premium middle class even more attractive. In the 2019 model year, the A4 saloon and A4 Avant will receive redesigned bumpers, which together with the new wheel design underline the sporty character. The likewise new equipment line S line competition sets further dynamic accents.
In the new model year, the Audi A4 captivates with a more distinctive front, starting with the design and sport lines. Strong, pentagonal contours capture the outer air inlets - webs in aluminum look structure their interior. The S line exterior package features new bumpers with a sportier look. These are characterized by a strong wedge-shaped cut. A U-shaped clasp separates the outer area from the inside, which is adorned with a honeycomb grid. In the air inlets, separate openings divert a portion of the wind into the wheel arches, where it flows past the wheels.

The single-frame grill also serves to differentiate between the equipment lines. In the S line exterior package, its grid now also integrates slats in 3D optics. A blade completes the front down. The rear bumper is also in the new look as standard. Two wide, trapezoidal exhaust fins replace the previous round tailpipes. The diffuser area between them has narrowed. Also redesigned are the wheels, which can be ordered in the 16 to 19 inch format.

For the first time, the equipment package S line competition in the A4 series is also available. It includes several exclusive innovations - the blade in the front bumper and the rockfall protection strip in selenite silver, an RS rear spoiler in the A4 Avant and, among others, the new paint color Turbo Blue. The rear doors carry the four rings in the lower area - depending on the exterior color in silver or black. With the equipment package, the customer also receives sporty technology features - 19-inch wheels from Audi Sport, red brake calipers, sports suspension and LED headlights.

In the interior, the S line competition is based on the interior package S line black and expanded with RS carbon inlays, a three-spokemultifunction steering wheel and black part leather sport seats. Alternatively, customers can opt for S sports seats in Magmarot or in other colors.

In Germany, the presale of the Audi A4 sedan and the A4 Avant model year 2019 will begin in the third quarter of 2018
All in english on the Audi mediacenter site https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...-a4-avantbestselling-models-in-top-form-10394

Yayy code 70 today! Collection next thursday after it’s prepared by my detailer and returned to my Audi Centre for handover :sunglasses:

Reactions: Philio, cuke2u and DaveW