yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Car arriving at the detailer today for some Gtechniq Ultra ceramic coating. Can’t wait to see the results on collection day!
Gtechniq Ultra applied, and car ready for collection on the 27th.....can’t wait now! :racer:

Reactions: Paul Golding and cuke2u
Spoke to Audi CS via live chat today and car is still at Grimsby, has been since 15th December and no transport order has been raised by the dealer yet! What are they doing? Going on nearly 13 days now since it was put into the compound to await transport. Does it usually take this long? Tried calling my dealer today but he’s not in till Friday :wtf:

I guess they need to consolidate logistics, but still, very annoying !!
Yeah I understand that, just annoys me when everyone else’s gets a transport order in no more than 7-8 days haha!

Just curious as my car is still 2 months away and on a lease with fleet prices. I know it’s free delivery however would I able to collect my car from the dealership when it arrives as it would be more exciting and annoying for all the miles it will do from Audi Watford by delivery driver to my address unless it gets trailered? Has Anyone collected a car on lease and collected from dealership? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: happytalk73
Called the dealer today to ask why my S4 has been at the port since 15th December and it appears there is a date in the system of February as a provisional delivery as dealer didn’t expect it to be built as quickly as it has. So he has manually raised the transport order today which he says takes 8 working days delivery (I hope it’s earlier). Good job I called to push him otherwise it would have been sat there for another 5 weeks as the transport order wouldn’t have been raised until the date in the system!

Reactions: Nickfrog
That's poor form in a world of seamless and integrated logistics.
I know mate, it really is! Audi have spent millions, if not billions over the past 10 years for R&D not just for car technology but product delivery from build to shipment and the processes to be as streamlined as much as possible only for their systems not to talk to each other and use logic. Amazes me ha! (You can tell I’m a business analyst by trade ha)

Just curious as my car is still 2 months away and on a lease with fleet prices. I know it’s free delivery however would I able to collect my car from the dealership when it arrives as it would be more exciting and annoying for all the miles it will do from Audi Watford by delivery driver to my address unless it gets trailered? Has Anyone collected a car on lease and collected from dealership? Thanks

You can indeed pick you car up. Regardless of how far away it is you can request the dealer pay for your train ticket and brim the tank so you can get home.

They will still save money as they wont have to pay a driver for the day. Give it a go.

I'm in Gretna, and the supplying dealer is Audi in Tunbridge Wells. I did consider asking but TBH a day off work (self Employed) and a 5-6 hour drive isn't too appealing. Especially given the traffic in London.

Our current car was delivered from Poole in Dorset. By the time it got to my door there was a million insects splattered on the front bumper, screen and door mirrors. Not nice when it's the first sight of your car. Why they don't protect those parts with transparent film that can be easy pealed off on arrival is beyond me.

I did ask about transported delivery but £2+vat per mile.

Reactions: Syed Shah
brim the tank so you can get home.
(...) the supplying dealer is Audi in Tunbridge Wells.

Thx for that. Mine is also TW Audi, but that's 35 miles from mine lol.

Do you know what the normal amount of fuel in the tank should be ? I assume this is documented in the OTR cost.

Do you know what the normal amount of fuel in the tank should be ? I assume this is documented in the OTR cost.

35 miles? Lucky you. If I change my mine I'll drop in for a cuppa.

I think to fuel is down to the discretion of the dealer. Our current car arrived at our door with a full tank (along with the insects). The driver said it was 20 miles shy so he filled up at Carlisle.

You can indeed pick you car up. Regardless of how far away it is you can request the dealer pay for your train ticket and brim the tank so you can get home.

They will still save money as they wont have to pay a driver for the day. Give it a go.

I'm in Gretna, and the supplying dealer is Audi in Tunbridge Wells. I did consider asking but TBH a day off work (self Employed) and a 5-6 hour drive isn't too appealing. Especially given the traffic in London.

Our current car was delivered from Poole in Dorset. By the time it got to my door there was a million insects splattered on the front bumper, screen and door mirrors. Not nice when it's the first sight of your car. Why they don't protect those parts with transparent film that can be easy pealed off on arrival is beyond me.

I did ask about transported delivery but £2+vat per mile.
Thank you, closer to the time I will ask to go and collect my car

Hi

Long time lurker, quick question, any idea how long the elapsed build time on an S4 Avant would be from start to delivery ?

I have one on order for March 1st (apparently), the lease company isn't really providing very much information at all ..

Thanks

Just got a call from my dealer and my new S4 has arrived . Picking up on Friday at 2pm! Finally! Cannot wait.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and happytalk73
Happy new year indeed.

Good luck. Enjoy you lucky lucky lad.
Thanks mate. It’s my first real performance car so to speak so cannot wait. I’ll probably have lost my license by this time next week haha

Thanks mate. It’s my first real performance car so to speak so cannot wait. I’ll probably have lost my license by this time next week haha

Good on ya. I've never had a fast car either. I doubt an MG Metro counts :sign unfair:

Looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about it. :s4addict:

just a heads up on fuel, the audi checklist for handover states it has to have a half tank or more of fuel. so that would be the minimum you will have when you pick up your car. though depending on dealer, you should get a full tank. mine gave me a full tank of fuel and 5 days drive away insurance. (i hope i haven't misunderstood the question haha)

1522FC27 35CA 4637 A6F2 72A9C1A551B5 My build date wasn’t till Monday 8th and it’s already in quality control How long before it arrives at dealers as I’m not due to collect until 1st March on new plate?

Reactions: happytalk73 and m4ward
Thanks i can’t wait but I think Id be daft to collect 2 weeks before new plates arrive so will wait till 1st

My car is scheduled to be built at the end of January. The dealership salesman thinks this means they should receive it during mid February (seems quite fast..). But I only plan to collect it from them in early March anyway. It coincides nicely with my birthday (a perfect present to myself) and the 18 plate introduction.

I was a little concerned I would still have my current lease car but have confirmed that I can return it early and will also avoid having to pay for its first service!

Currently have a Golf and am looking forward to receiving an A4 1.4 stronic in brilliant black :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: happytalk73 and Syed Shah
I’ve noticed hill start assist is standard now so as my car is on quality checks would it have been included or as I ordered earlier it won’t?

I’ve noticed hill start assist is standard now so as my car is on quality checks would it have been included or as I ordered earlier it won’t?

Is it now standard? Brochure from Audi website still show it as a £75 option. I did notice on the Configruator App that the images do have the Hill Hold Assist button included, but I just assumed it was a mistake.

Is it now standard? Brochure from Audi website still show it as a £75 option. I did notice on the Configruator App that the images do have the Hill Hold Assist button included, but I just assumed it was a mistake.
It seems like it is. not to fussed as it’s automatic anyway however I only realised I didn’t tick the box after placing order hopefully it’s a standard option on mine.

Same story here @Val95

Mine is still on quality control I’ve heard sometimes they skip to quality control however it’s on the same page for 5 to 10 days. I hope it doesn’t arrive to the dealers until 2nd week of feb so it’s not sitting there for too long.

I was a little concerned I would still have my current lease car but have confirmed that I can return it early and will also avoid having to pay for its first service!

Check they won't charge you. Most finance houses charge 50% of the unused months. Which might still be cheaper than a service anyway!

Check they won't charge you. Most finance houses charge 50% of the unused months. Which might still be cheaper than a service anyway!

Yeh, they’ll charge me 55% of remaining payments but that’ll only be for about 6 weeks remaining on the lease.

You might as well leave now as you're not gonna sleep anyway.
Haha it’s weird, today I haven’t thought about it at all. I think it’s because I know I’m deffo getting it tomorrow. I must admit, I feel like there’s something missing in my life now I don’t check the tracker first thing in morning

View attachment 145192 My build date wasn’t till Monday 8th and it’s already in quality control How long before it arrives at dealers as I’m not due to collect until 1st March on new plate?

Exactly the same thing for me.
BW was BW2 (8th Jan)
but dealer emailed me and told me the car had been built and left the factory 2 days ago!
Now it is on stage 30 in the tracker JSON but QC on the website!

He says late january - early feb collection which works for me !

Funny some of the stage completions were in the future!

"data": {
"orderNumber": "xxxx",
"orderStatus": "30",
"deliveryDealerCode": "xxx",
"orderHistory": [{
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2018-01-08T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2018-01-06T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "22",
"statusDate": "2018-01-05T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "21",
"statusDate": "2018-01-04T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "20",
"statusDate": "2017-11-30T01:01:36+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "10",
"statusDate": "2017-11-22T01:01:27+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "00",
"statusDate": "2017-11-19T01:10:50+0000"
}],

Just got a call from my dealer and my new S4 has arrived . Picking up on Friday at 2pm! Finally! Cannot wait.
Good luck for the pick up.....remember to put up a pic or two.

Reactions: Whytho1001
Exactly the same thing for me.
BW was BW2 (8th Jan)
but dealer emailed me and told me the car had been built and left the factory 2 days ago!
Now it is on stage 30 in the tracker JSON but QC on the website!

He says late january - early feb collection which works for me !

Funny some of the stage completions were in the future!

"data": {
"orderNumber": "xxxx",
"orderStatus": "30",
"deliveryDealerCode": "xxx",
"orderHistory": [{
"orderStatus": "24",
"statusDate": "2018-01-08T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "23",
"statusDate": "2018-01-06T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "22",
"statusDate": "2018-01-05T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "21",
"statusDate": "2018-01-04T00:00:00+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "20",
"statusDate": "2017-11-30T01:01:36+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "10",
"statusDate": "2017-11-22T01:01:27+0000"
}, {
"orderStatus": "00",
"statusDate": "2017-11-19T01:10:50+0000"
}],

What was your build? Mine is a Black Edition and I'm BW3 so maybe my order will be similar to yours.

How do you track from JSON I can’t seem to do it the links attached always says order not found

We are returning an E Class 1 month early. I'll have to pay 90% of the last months rent but will save a whooping £560 for its 2nd service.

It's one of the reasons we ordered an Audi. Servicing costs seem much more reasonable.

Reactions: Nickfrog
And why I won't ever get a Merc unless they stop trying to sodomise me just for changing oil+filter.