yourAudi - Track New Car Order

RG I think we are in total agreement.
According to HPI tables the difference is closer to £1500 or less, not the £3250. I have always obtained a quote to buy from BCA at the end of my leases but to date never considered their offer good enough. I did factor that into my decision process. Additionally, my man maths makes me want another new one! The relationship I currently have with VWFS is not that convivial, their comms are quite frankly appalling. If it wasn't for the price, I would have walked away months ago. It seems silly now to risk this for 3 weeks and a number plate that financially affects them not me. The cost of it sitting in my drive locked down for an extra 3 weeks is circa £180 vs a potential £4800 hole. Simple really.

As for dealer quotas, the lease deliveries obtained through VWFS direct do not count towards their target numbers. They are given a fee from VWFS for PDI and delivery. Nothing more. My nearest dealer refused to accept any VWFS orders for that reason. So I also don't want to upset that side of the transaction either now we've all but got there. I think if I was buying/owning, my thinking and potential leverage would be very different.

2:00pm today!

RG I think we are in total agreement.
According to HPI tables the difference is closer to £1500 or less, not the £3250. I have always obtained a quote to buy from BCA at the end of my leases but to date never considered their offer good enough. I did factor that into my decision process. Additionally, my man maths makes me want another new one! The relationship I currently have with VWFS is not that convivial, their comms are quite frankly appalling. If it wasn't for the price, I would have walked away months ago. It seems silly now to risk this for 3 weeks and a number plate that financially affects them not me. The cost of it sitting in my drive locked down for an extra 3 weeks is circa £180 vs a potential £4800 hole. Simple really.

As for dealer quotas, the lease deliveries obtained through VWFS direct do not count towards their target numbers. They are given a fee from VWFS for PDI and delivery. Nothing more. My nearest dealer refused to accept any VWFS orders for that reason. So I also don't want to upset that side of the transaction either now we've all but got there. I think if I was buying/owning, my thinking and potential leverage would be very different.

2:00pm today!

I understand that scenario. Generally speaking on a PCP the car is worth more than the 'balloon payment' however on a Lease you are in a different situation. I am paying cash for a car worth significantly more than £40k and the difference in value of a similar model 3 year old is indeed 'guide price' £3250 different hence waiting.

The saga goes on

Arrived at the dealer for 2:00pm collection and out came the sales team. Sorry sir you car isn't available just yet. Apparently while driving to fill up the tank they noticed a noise coming from the rear (suspension/boot/bootlid clonk??). My faith in the PDI waning rapidly. Anyway, we waited 60 minutes in the freezing snow but they couldn't find the cause. I rode in the car and it definitely rattles! So away we came. No new car yet. They said they are giving it top priority and it might be available on Wednesday. Top Priority? I presume this is what happens when VWFS don't incentivise the franchise. Although they did offer me a courtesy car, not the R8 I requested, but at least they offered.

To be continued.....

The saga goes on

Arrived at the dealer for 2:00pm collection and out came the sales team. Sorry sir you car isn't available just yet. Apparently while driving to fill up the tank they noticed a noise coming from the rear (suspension/boot/bootlid clonk??). My faith in the PDI waning rapidly. Anyway, we waited 60 minutes in the freezing snow but they couldn't find the cause. I rode in the car and it definitely rattles! So away we came. No new car yet. They said they are giving it top priority and it might be available on Wednesday. Top Priority? I presume this is what happens when VWFS don't incentivise the franchise. Although they did offer me a courtesy car, not the R8 I requested, but at least they offered.

To be continued.....

Any luck today? ?

Also, could you please let us know which MMI software version it comes delivered with? Anything newer than version 3385? Thanks.

Any luck today? ?

Also, could you please let us know which MMI software version it comes delivered with? Anything newer than version 3385? Thanks.

Thanks for asking.

Yes at last it's in my garage not theirs! They said the engine mounts had failed. They arrive fitted with transit blocks similar to the suspension and somehow they broke/were damaged. Anyway it doesn't clunk and its all fine.

Software is 3385 and I did all sorts of online updates today but it stayed at 3385. Not sure what that means for us. I have to say the myAudi user/MMI interface/Audi Connect certainly has become seemingly rather complex since my last MY17 car. Gives me something to get my brain around while on furlough.

Pictures on the other thread tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 237
Great news, enjoy.

Reactions: Aldi-Sport Chap
Thanks for asking.

Yes at last it's in my garage not theirs! They said the engine mounts had failed. They arrive fitted with transit blocks similar to the suspension and somehow they broke/were damaged. Anyway it doesn't clunk and its all fine.

Software is 3385 and I did all sorts of online updates today but it stayed at 3385. Not sure what that means for us. I have to say the myAudi user/MMI interface/Audi Connect certainly has become seemingly rather complex since my last MY17 car. Gives me something to get my brain around while on furlough.

Pictures on the other thread tomorrow.
Where are the pictures @Aldi-Sport Chap :triumph:

Reactions: Aldi-Sport Chap
Where are the pictures @Aldi-Sport Chap :triumph:
Ha! Sorry, but as it's visually almost standard Ibis white I didn't think anyone would be that interested:shrug:. Plus I've had lots to do.
This machine is shaping up to be that classic T-Break version. First the engine mounts. Since then I've discovered one rear seat remote release cable not attached and some wires beginning to poke their way out of the door/sill trim. Not my usual Audi Premium Experience so far. More a worrying reminder of a 1970's Austin Maxi:hurt: . Lets hope it's all over now. She drives well and so much better than my old 3.0 TDI. Vastly better gearbox response makes the weedy 163bhp feel more than a match for my old 218. And the S-Line has far superior suspension than the 2017 Sport.

Anyway I'll go to the other thread and do my duty. No pics and it doesn't exist!

Checked again with Audi UK and apparently the car is now built and awaiting shipment to the UK. What kind of time scale are you looking for from shipping through to pick up? Thinking towards the end of March?

Trying to recall now, I had a build date of Week 50. Then I heard from the broker in Week 2 saying the car was in UK and available.

I put off delivery until the new reg, so I’m finally getting the car next Monday 1st March, so one week to go.

Evening all, I ordered an S4 vorsprung back in August last year with an original delivery estimate of mid December. Just got confirmation today that it's finally locked in to be built next week, week 17. For anyone else waiting thought it would be useful, biggest delay was new engine regulation changes from what the dealer has shared.

Slightly into week 18 instead of week 17 car has gone status 30 left Ingolstadt and on its way to the UK, should be a 9 month wait by the time picked up end of may and then off for its ceramic coating

Just off the phone with the dealer earlier car has been in port since Monday, and I have been pushing to pick up next week as I've waited 9 months, however I've been told that the earliest date they can get Audi to deliver is 31st may to there compound and he has said it's Audi managing registration based on emissions!?!

Anyone else heard anything similar, I could imagine it being dealership managing their pipeline on new cars and sales by sandbagging it into June. Any thoughts?

Picking this up today after ordering back in August 20 excited to finally get a chance to drive it.

IMG 99202

Reactions: NevMan and Frizzley
I believe it's been about a year now. Some development. Maybe they should hire the Covid Track & Trace coders!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 12.18.49.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 12.18.49.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 206
My A4 is a lease so I don't have tracking information unfortunately and only have their estimated "arrival at dealer" date to go on. This has been slipping slowly and is currently 6th Sep but god knows whether it'll stay that way.

I've also had a couple of emails (a few weeks back, ended up in junk mail so didn't spot them initially) detailing spec changes and issues due to the global chip shortage.

One was letting me know I'll only get one fully functional key and the second will follow later (temporary spare supplied instead). This doesn't bother me much as I'm the only person that drives it anyway.

Second was saying the phone box option is just being removed from all vehicles! Again not a problem for me as I didn't have it anyway but I can imagine that's going to annoy an awful lot of people!

Waiting for your car can be a patience test that now many people are willing to take. I've worked with different car transport companies in order to sell foreign cars in my country and I can admit that I have a pretty large experience. The downside is that many bad things can happen during the process of sending a car from one country to another. The trailer can malfunction, the car may start to have problems if it's not tied properly and the list goes on and on. The good thing is that I've found people that I can trust and I've only been working with them in the last couple of years

Well it appears mine is being delivered on Wednesday, allegedly spec-complete, after a 7 month wait.

If you don’t mind Vertigo, what spec did you go for and did the order go from “ unconfirmed build week” status to “its on the way” without notification from the dealer?
I’m five months along so what I’ve been told (build wk 50) sounds about the same as you have experienced

Spec is an A4 Avant S-Line 40 TFSI S-Tronic with Comfort & Sound pack.

Afraid I can't help on specifics as it's a lease so I can't check anything directly with Audi or the dealer and don't have access to build weeks etc.
The lease company got periodic ETA estimates from the dealer which they passed on to me. The initial estimate was early August but this kept slipping due to the chip shortage issues. My most recent ETA was 30/10 (i.e. today) but I got a call earlier in the week to say it had arrived and to schedule delivery.

Well, latest update from the dealer gives an unconfirmed build date of week 47 - that’s from an order date of May ‘21.
Sales person at Audi gives me an update every three or four weeks, the last estimate was week 30 so a big jump this time - it’s Ukraine’s fault at the moment.
No realistic alternate options unfortunately, thought it might be of interest to others.

Hi all is the Audi tracker still on line for Uk orders ? Does anyone have the link ? Thanks

So, had an email last week to say the car has just been completed - dealer is expecting mid Jan for delivery.
Having waited now over 18 months the dealer still maintains there are no guarantees what options may have been left off until the car is with them.
After all this time, I’m not sure I have the patience to wait until March 1st!