yourAudi - Track New Car Order

I’m still at status 38... I think mines been forgotten about and abandoned at the port :tearsofjoy:

I'm at 70 and had the call from the dealer. Not sure what I'm looking forward to most my new car or easter eggs

I think the time between 40 and 60/70 (which are the same basically) is the worst!

Because you know the car is in the UK - possibly very close to the dealer - In my case Sheerness is 52 miles from Croydon; less than one hour drive almost all of that journey on motorway - and your just waiting for that transport company to collect the car and drop it at the dealer.

And the dealer doesn't know when it arrives because they get an email on the morning that the transport is coming so until then they don't know anything.

IF we follow Audi guidlines then its 8 days maximum from port to dealer. So my car officially hit 40 on Tuesday (at 1am) so worst case scenario I collect next Thursday or Friday. But it could turn up tomorrow or Friday - its anyones guess.

OK, so 'My Audi' tells me my RS4 has left the factory and on it's way to the port. How long do these delivery bits normally take?

OK, so 'My Audi' tells me my RS4 has left the factory and on it's way to the port. How long do these delivery bits normally take?

Mines been sat at the port for over a week now... so it’s a guessing game I recon :seenoevil:

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Mines been sat at the port for over a week now... so it’s a guessing game I recon :seenoevil:

My dealer sent me a screenshot from their system. Mine was released to ship 26/01/18 and they told me could be 15 days from this release date before it gets on a ship.

@Spinstorm my actual build date was 19/01/2018 the friday before my suggested build week of 22/01/2018 so you were wrong like I suggested :tongueout:

I was notified on 'My Audi' last week that my RS4 had left Ingolstadt - no further detail. Assume it goes by train to Emden?? Pretty sure UK port of entry is Grimsby. All a bit of a mystery!! What boats (Viking Explorer ??) do Audi use these days?

Last edited:
There’s a ship to Grimsby tomorrow (2nd Feb) which I was hoping mine might be on to

Download Marine Traffic on iOS and you can check what’s coming and going; I believe they also have a website as well.

My car arrived at Sheerness on the 29th - dealer says not turning up today and he hasn’t had an email saying any deliveries tomorrow. To be fair it would be more convenient next week but I still hope it turns up sooner; although waiting for finance documents to sign still.

Earlier today I had a guy in PFL RS3 drive up behind me - heard him before I could see him - he was revving his engine at the traffic lights. Obviously trying to point out his RS was better than my S. I wanted to get out the car and tell him I will have a new RS in a few days and he can go take his ****** older car and stick it up his **** :)

@JamesCrs3 I want to see proof not from the tracker but the audi system at the dealer or I don’t believe that’s correct. Sorry :)

Reactions: Callump01, Jonny B and teslaboy
Download Marine Traffic on iOS and you can check what’s coming and going; I believe they also have a website as well.

My car arrived at Sheerness on the 29th - dealer says not turning up today and he hasn’t had an email saying any deliveries tomorrow. To be fair it would be more convenient next week but I still hope it turns up sooner; although waiting for finance documents to sign still.

Earlier today I had a guy in PFL RS3 drive up behind me - heard him before I could see him - he was revving his engine at the traffic lights. Obviously trying to point out his RS was better than my S. I wanted to get out the car and tell him I will have a new RS in a few days and he can go take his ****** older car and stick it up his **** :)

@JamesCrs3 I want to see proof not from the tracker but the audi system at the dealer or I don’t believe that’s correct. Sorry :)
Yeh but the FL is just dull in comparison with the PFL ;-)

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Yeh but the FL is just dull in comparison with the PFL ;-)

Clearly everyone here with a PFL is biased. But the FL is faster has better handling, more technology and looks better; it "may" be slightly quieter but thats down to personal opinion.

Reactions: Callump01

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180201-193935.png
    Screenshot_20180201-193935.png
    1 MB · Views: 213
Reactions: Phil3
Clearly everyone here with a PFL is biased. But the FL is faster has better handling, more technology and looks better; it "may" be slightly quieter but thats down to personal opinion.

Clearly everyone with a FL is biased. But the PFL has equally good handling and looks better. VC is about the only addition worth having and even my standard exhaust sounds far nicer than the FL. in other words... pull the other one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend collected an S5 tonight from the same dealer and although it was a different salesperson he showed me the same status screen @JamesCrs3 posted for me earlier (incidentally I didn’t see any build date in yours @JamesCrs3).

It showed my car arrived at Sheerness on 29/1 and a transport order was raised then but that it was still at status 40 - which I knew anyway.

They said no deliveries over the weekend and if it was coming tomorrow they would have gotten an email letting them know. So the earliest it could arrive now is Monday.

All the finance and deposit is done and paid so its just a question of collecting.

Anyone that ordered in November got a build date yet?
If you ordered in November your car should be built never mind you having a build date. Ring your dealer in the morning get an order number and get on the tracker

I ordered twice in November (dont ask long story) and both cars have been built and are at the dealers awaiting collection

If you ordered in November your car should be built never mind you having a build date. Ring your dealer in the morning get an order number and get on the tracker

I ordered twice in November (dont ask long story) and both cars have been built and are at the dealers awaiting collection
I’ve been told April/May as they couldn’t alter some they had already ordered for the dealership. I was their last month when he called customer services and was told there wasn’t a build slot for mine yet and that’s when he asked if he could change ones he had on order. But that was a no.

My friend collected an S5 tonight from the same dealer and although it was a different salesperson he showed me the same status screen @JamesCrs3 posted for me earlier (incidentally I didn’t see any build date in yours @JamesCrs3).

It showed my car arrived at Sheerness on 29/1 and a transport order was raised then but that it was still at status 40 - which I knew anyway.

They said no deliveries over the weekend and if it was coming tomorrow they would have gotten an email letting them know. So the earliest it could arrive now is Monday.

All the finance and deposit is done and paid so its just a question of collecting.

Age from build shows 13 days. This screen was checked this morning. That puts it as the 19th with aligns with checkpoint 8 and the call off which is 20th is when the car leaves factory. I rest my case :)

I have spent a while going through this thread trying to figure out times from Sheerness to the dealer.

Please update me if I am wrong below; also wasn’t sure if I should count the days from status 40 arriving or the first day after?!

@g5und 11 days - arrived 29/9 at port at dealer 10/10
@royalsteve68 - 7 days 3/10 - 10/10
@Keithd32 - 2 days
@Ed_rx7 - spazzy tracker status 40 and at dealer same day!
@AudiNutta - 3 days 7/11 to 10/11
@TurboBen - Week or so *bit vague*
@Splathead 5 days - 12/11 To 16/11
@Jonny B - 5 days
@DarrenA5 - 4 days - 21/11 to 24/1
@Johnoz - Not clear! Please let me know!

If I missed anyone else please feel free to share; Audi says 7 days to get a transport and 3-5 to arrive.

It would seem that since my car has been at Sheerness since 29/01 that its unlikely to arrive before Wednesday 7th as the dealer said he gets emails normally on Friday with deliveries up to Tuesday. I am definitely unfortunately on the long end of this scale!

Last edited:
So, my cars apparently in the paint shop according to the tracker (I know that's false) so it's looking like it'll be built Monday 5th Feb.

How long would you guys estimate it would take to arrive at the dealer from build day to delivery? I'm hoping for March 1st or there abouts, but whether that's being too optimistic I don't know. Audi CS told me it could be late March.

Excited would be an understatement.

So, my cars apparently in the paint shop according to the tracker (I know that's false) so it's looking like it'll be built Monday 5th Feb.

How long would you guys estimate it would take to arrive at the dealer from build day to delivery? I'm hoping for March 1st or there abouts, but whether that's being too optimistic I don't know. Audi CS told me it could be late March.

Excited would be an understatement.

I think that just looking back at the posted status including mine - started build on the 15th Jan arrived in the UK 29th Jan - that seems to be the average time frame to the UK and my post above shows the sort of range of arriving at the dealer most being within a week of arriving.

So it took 15 days to arrive at Sheerness and should be at the dealer in most cases within a week - so around 3 weeks is doable however Feb is a shorter month so March essentially starts in the 3rd week so I would say the second week of the 5th March is more likely. It will probably be at port in the UK by the 26th Feb but 2 days to the dealer is a bit too quick.

Reactions: Callump01
I think that just looking back at the posted status including mine - started build on the 15th Jan arrived in the UK 29th Jan - that seems to be the average time frame to the UK and my post above shows the sort of range of arriving at the dealer most being within a week of arriving.

So it took 15 days to arrive at Sheerness and should be at the dealer in most cases within a week - so around 3 weeks is doable however Feb is a shorter month so March essentially starts in the 3rd week so I would say the second week of the 5th March is more likely. It will probably be at port in the UK by the 26th Feb but 2 days to the dealer is a bit too quick.

Thanks mate, that's great news!

I would remind you @Callump01 that my car has been at Sheerness since Monday and it will be at least 7 working days for it to arrive at the dealer now.

And I am mega ****** off about that.

I have spent a while going through this thread trying to figure out times from Sheerness to the dealer.

Please update me if I am wrong below; also wasn’t sure if I should count the days from status 40 arriving or the first day after?!

@Keithd32 - 2 days
@Jonny B - 5 days

If I missed anyone else please feel free to share; Audi says 7 days to get a transport and 3-5 to arrive.

It would seem that since my car has been at Sheerness since 29/01 that its unlikely to arrive before Wednesday 7th as the dealer said he gets emails normally on Friday with deliveries up to Tuesday. I am definitely unfortunately on the long end of this scale!

My car was build start 22 jan week 4
It started build the week before though according to the tracker

I didn’t really do the json thing until later in that week as I couldn’t get it to work but it was at the dealers by 28 jan

Factory to dealer in a less than a week according to json

@Keithd32 - 2 days
@Jonny B - 5 days

Mine came in to Grimsby.

Does that mean it won't have formally been registered? If so, surely you should wait till the 18 plate now?!

Does that mean it won't have formally been registered? If so, surely you should wait till the 18 plate now?!

Unclear who your asking that question to; but I will assume it is me as we had this conversation before. My car was registered 1st Feb. I have a 67 plate. If the transport company were as efficient now as they were last year I would be in my new RS3 now. I just want the car now; I plan on keeping the car until the end of the PCP anyway so I am not concerned about the registration although I may change to a private plate in the next couple of months just to avoid be annoying by all of you on 18 plates!

@JamesCrs3 Any further updates in your car mate? I’m still sat at “39,” thats one long boat trip so far haha

Wish I new where my RS4 was! It has left Ingolstadt. Will wait until 1 March, no financial incentive to take it earlier. As for PP's, I would never entertain such things, not my cup of tea and rarely more annoying in my eyes than a 67 or 18. The value of 18 vs 67 plates has been discussed elsewhere but I would wager that waiting a couple of weeks will be worth £2k at least on resale.

My car was already on the ship on Friday (it is coming from Györ to Spain but I don't really know the route and why the hell they use ships from there) and it is expected to be in Spain on the 15th. Let's see if it arrives earlier!

Wish I new where my RS4 was! It has left Ingolstadt. Will wait until 1 March, no financial incentive to take it earlier. As for PP's, I would never entertain such things, not my cup of tea and rarely more annoying in my eyes than a 67 or 18. The value of 18 vs 67 plates has been discussed elsewhere but I would wager that waiting a couple of weeks will be worth £2k at least on resale.

Being this close to a new plate I personally think it’s a no brainer to wait for an 18 plate as you’ve alluded too

Being this close to a new plate I personally think it’s a no brainer to wait for an 18 plate as you’ve alluded too
Agreed ...Unless the dealer offered me £2-3k I would not consider registering a car in February.

Reactions: Phil3