yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Hi @davemk - yes thank you, all went to plan. Picked the car up last night in the end. Not the wisest decision I’ve made considering my first time driving her was in the dark, in rush hour.. took a bit of getting used to as came from a 58 plate Ford Fiesta. But she is beautiful and a real head turner! Really pleasant handover experience, nothing too over the top, spent 40 minutes with me going over controls and setting up my iPhone. Will be you and @KeithJLambert next hopefully?

Excellent! @K4R3N_86 !!! Hopefully you've had some quality time with your new car today, let us know and take some photos! I'm in the same situation as @davemk the car is waiting for a transporter; getting tight for a Thursday collection.

It's week 47 and my week 47 car is in QC. It began build back end of last week.

I suspect it will arrive between Xmas and New Year which means I'll insist on it being registered in Jan (I'd already specified a Jan 18 car.)

If it arrives very early I might well take it rather than having it hanging about.

Picked mine up from the dealer this morning. I was BW44 and it seemed to arrive pretty quickly - it was ready to pick up last week, but I was busy.
I’m over the moon with it. Raining here all morning so it’s filthy already!
It’s being detailed next week so I’ll stick a pic on when it’s looking good.
It’s been a long wait but well worth it!!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KeithJLambert
My car was due to commence construction BW48 which is today, but received a lovely phone call from my dealer this morning saying my car finished being built on Friday afternoon and transportation to the UK has begun! Certainly expecting a pre-Christmas collection now!
The excitement really begins!

Reactions: A34Josh
mines BW49 (4th December) hope mines built and in transport the day its meant to be built like yours has!! fingers crossed that mine and yours are here before Christmas, would be a lovely present.

As far as I know, mine is still at the port, waiting to be picked up. :(

Emailed the dealer on Saturday to get an update... no response. Poor. Am still hoping to collect before my MOT expires on 4th / 5th Dec.

Mine updated overnight to In transit. Heading for Tyne I expect.

Reactions: KeithJLambert
did yours update prior to the build week commencing to say what stage it was at? or did it just jump straight to the stage it was at on the Build day?

Tracker updated overnight and it's arrived, at last.

Have you heard anything about yours, @KeithJLambert ?

Good news @davemk ! When do you think you will collect?

I'm just waiting for a call from the dealer as she was going to speak with Audi UK Sales this morning to try and firm up a delivery date. Sadly, the 30th isn't going to happen but we are provisionally looking at this Friday/Saturday for paperwork/collection. A Saturday collection would be quite nice as I can enjoy the trip back from Bury St Edmunds to Lancashire without having to worry about any work interruptions :smiley:

My car progressed nicely through the order/build phases but I've been stuck at both ports for a while which has really slowed things down in the latter stages.

Looking forward to hearing your news!

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi Guys, new to the forum and must have read all 245 pages over the last few days. Really helps pass the time whilst the car is on order.

I was just wondering as I couldn't see anyone with an order status number of 36 as to what this means for me?

Below are my details from the backend:

"orderStatus": "36","deliveryDealerCode": "00508",
"orderStatus": "30""statusDate": "2017-11-23T01:04:12+0000"
"orderStatus": "24""statusDate": "2017-11-20T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "23""statusDate": "2017-11-18T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "22""statusDate": "2017-11-17T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "21""statusDate": "2017-11-16T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "20""statusDate": "2017-11-04T01:03:59+0000"
"orderStatus": "10""statusDate": "2017-10-08T05:03:57+0100"

"vehicleData"
"make": "Audi",
"model": "S3 Saloon",
"modelVariant": "Black Edition 2.0 TFSI quattro",
"modelVersion": "0",
"modelYear": "2018",

Hi Guys, new to the forum and must have read all 245 pages over the last few days. Really helps pass the time whilst the car is on order.

I was just wondering as I couldn't see anyone with an order status number of 36 as to what this means for me?

Below are my details from the backend:

"orderStatus": "36","deliveryDealerCode": "00508",
"orderStatus": "30""statusDate": "2017-11-23T01:04:12+0000"
"orderStatus": "24""statusDate": "2017-11-20T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "23""statusDate": "2017-11-18T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "22""statusDate": "2017-11-17T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "21""statusDate": "2017-11-16T00:00:00+0000"
"orderStatus": "20""statusDate": "2017-11-04T01:03:59+0000"
"orderStatus": "10""statusDate": "2017-10-08T05:03:57+0100"

"vehicleData"
"make": "Audi",
"model": "S3 Saloon",
"modelVariant": "Black Edition 2.0 TFSI quattro",
"modelVersion": "0",
"modelYear": "2018",

Try this from @Gordo77 mate, I used it when mine was on order
Looks like yours is at Port of Emden
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/youraudi-track-new-car-order.245697/page-71#post-2826723

Reactions: DylanW
Afternoon all,

Just hit order status "38" so I'm at Emden ready to go.
How long am I realistically waiting from now to collection?
The MOT on my current vehicle runs out on 28th December so I'm mildly concerned there will be an overlap!

Thanks!

Afternoon all,

The MOT on my current vehicle runs out on 28th December so I'm mildly concerned there will be an overlap!

Thanks!

Hi, I think it can vary quite a lot depending upon your car catching transport (boats and transporters) but if it helps, I was at status 38 for appx. one week and then status 40 for another week before confirming my collection date; so for me it will be about 2-3 weeks from it arriving Emden. I think you should be OK!

Collection arranged for Saturday Dave!

Any news on yours....?

Yes, things have progressed rather quickly! :) Plate has been put on retention. As long as I return the transfer forms early tomorrow, so the vehicle can be taxed, I can collect tomorrow evening.

Yes, things have progressed rather quickly! :) Plate has been put on retention. As long as I return the transfer forms early tomorrow, so the vehicle can be taxed, I can collect tomorrow evening.

Nice one! We shall await photos :grinning:

Reactions: K4R3N_86 and davemk
Hi @davemk - yes thank you, all went to plan. Picked the car up last night in the end. Not the wisest decision I’ve made considering my first time driving her was in the dark, in rush hour.. took a bit of getting used to as came from a 58 plate Ford Fiesta. But she is beautiful and a real head turner! Really pleasant handover experience, nothing too over the top, spent 40 minutes with me going over controls and setting up my iPhone. Will be you and @KeithJLambert next hopefully?

How's it going @K4R3N_86 ? Are you enjoying your new A3?

Reactions: K4R3N_86
Afternoon all,

Thanks!

Our TT only waited a week at Emden then a week later was our collection at the dealership.
But our S3, oredered the same day, sat at Emden for between 2 and 3 weeks (I've heard of longer, sorry).
Pot luck really.

Reactions: DylanW
Collected my A3 sportback yesterday evening. The cosmos blue looks fantastic. Will try and get some pics up soon.
Did you pick yours up @davemk ?

Reactions: DylanW, KeithJLambert and K4R3N_86
How's it going @K4R3N_86 ? Are you enjoying your new A3?

I’m loving her @KeithJLambert ! How was your holiday? I haven’t had a chance to take any decent pics yet as either been parked at work or it’s been dark! I’m looking forward to having a couple of weeks off over Christmas to get used to all the buttons! Have I missed your collection? And @davemk ?

I’m loving her @KeithJLambert ! How was your holiday? I haven’t had a chance to take any decent pics yet as either been parked at work or it’s been dark! I’m looking forward to having a couple of weeks off over Christmas to get used to all the buttons! Have I missed your collection? And @davemk ?

Yes it was great thanks @K4R3N_86 ; not so great being back at work though! Glad that you are enjoying your new car and will look forward to the photos when daylight allows :smiley: I think @davemk was going to try and collect his car last night; my collection is booked for this Saturday barring any issues. I'm pretty excited now as it's getting real.

@maestro8384 @K4R3N_86 @KeithJLambert

Yes, I collected it this evening. Like a muppet, I forgot to take any pics!! But, it's a beauty. Daytona looked amazing under the showroom lighting.

I suspect I'll miss the diesel economy, but am loving the refinement of petrol. I'll just need to remember to put the right fuel in; I've had diesel's for the last 20 years!

Will get pics up soon.

Reactions: KeithJLambert and K4R3N_86
@maestro8384 @K4R3N_86 @KeithJLambert

Yes, I collected it this evening. Like a muppet, I forgot to take any pics!! But, it's a beauty. Daytona looked amazing under the showroom lighting.

I suspect I'll miss the diesel economy, but am loving the refinement of petrol. I'll just need to remember to put the right fuel in; I've had diesel's for the last 20 years!

Will get pics up soon.

Excellent @davemk ; look forward to seeing the photos and glad that you are pleased with it! Yes, move away from the Diesel pump :grimacing: I'm status 60 today and my collection is now confirmed for Saturday at 09:30hrs. I did the pre-sign by e-mail yesterday and sorted out my 5 days insurance with Audi. Bring it on!!!! It's probably the first time I've been really looking forward to that long trek up the A14/M6.

My BW49 is now at status 21, fingers crossed it goes smoothly all the way through and I can get a Christmas collection.

@MarkL7 where is yours up to? are you still sat at Emden?

Excellent @davemk ; look forward to seeing the photos and glad that you are pleased with it! Yes, move away from the Diesel pump :grimacing: I'm status 60 today and my collection is now confirmed for Saturday at 09:30hrs. I did the pre-sign by e-mail yesterday and sorted out my 5 days insurance with Audi. Bring it on!!!! It's probably the first time I've been really looking forward to that long trek up the A14/M6.
Which dealer are you collecting from?

That's a good collection times - it gives you the rest of the weekend to figure it all out :) .

Which dealer are you collecting from?

That's a good collection times - it gives you the rest of the weekend to figure it all out :) .

I'm going to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk Dave; just up the road from my company's office in Felixstowe (dropping off my company car there, brief stay-over at the Premier Inn and then catching a train early on Saturday to Bury). All packed, travelling light with a small ruck sack :sweatsmile: how's it going, have you managed to put the car away at night? Hope you are enjoying it!

I'm going to Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk Dave; just up the road from my company's office in Felixstowe (dropping off my company car there, brief stay-over at the Premier Inn and then catching a train early on Saturday to Bury). All packed, travelling light with a small ruck sack :sweatsmile: how's it going, have you managed to put the car away at night? Hope you are enjoying it!

You couldn't make it up. I've done 92K trouble free miles in my Focus ST and just as I'm about to leave to head South, it won't start!!! The AA are on their way but I'll walk to Bury St Edmunds if I have to! :sweatsmile:

You couldn't make it up. I've done 92K trouble free miles in my Focus ST and just as I'm about to leave to head South, it won't start!!! The AA are on their way but I'll walk to Bury St Edmunds if I have to! :sweatsmile:

She's mad because you've got a new car coming! :D Did you get it sorted?

Yes, mine is getting put away every night. I think it's slightly longer than my 8P A3; it's a tight fit.

She's mad because you've got a new car coming! :D Did you get it sorted?

Yes, mine is getting put away every night. I think it's slightly longer than my 8P A3; it's a tight fit.

That’s exactly what I thought! :disrelieved: It was a little sad to leave the ST in that carpark tonight I must say; it’s been a great car. So all sorted now thanks and I’m in Suffolk. I just couldn’t resist swinging by the dealership on way my down the A14. I finally found my S3 outside waiting to go into ‘the tent’ for it’s final prep. It will be hard to sleep tonight! Do you have any pics yet?

That’s exactly what I thought! :disrelieved: It was a little sad to leave the ST in that carpark tonight I must say; it’s been a great car. So all sorted now thanks and I’m in Suffolk. I just couldn’t resist swinging by the dealership on way my down the A14. I finally found my S3 outside waiting to go into ‘the tent’ for it’s final prep. It will be hard to sleep tonight! Do you have any pics yet?

Not yet mate. It's dark by the time I finish work. Out all day tomorrow too. Hopefully will get some on Sunday.

I know how you felt leaving the old car: I was too. Mine looked especially sad as I'd removed the private plates (for a spare set), so she looked very forlorn as I drove away.

Just a few hours away now eh? Enjoy your collection.

My BW49 is now at status 21, fingers crossed it goes smoothly all the way through and I can get a Christmas collection.

@MarkL7 where is yours up to? are you still sat at Emden?
Yeah mate, I think it’s still in Emden. I last heard from the dealer on Tuesday who said it was waiting to be allocated a ship. He’s been on holiday since so due another update tomorrow morning when he’s back at work!

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for us both!

Not yet mate. It's dark by the time I finish work. Out all day tomorrow too. Hopefully will get some on Sunday.

I know how you felt leaving the old car: I was too. Mine looked especially sad as I'd removed the private plates (for a spare set), so she looked very forlorn as I drove away.

Just a few hours away now eh? Enjoy your collection.

A very enjoyable collection Dave; everything went smoothly and I enjoyed the drive North. I actually kept in in comfort mode for most of the way but when I reached the final stretch I switched to Dynamic and Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It's a monster. I love everything about it, just an amazing car. My first stop was at a Shell Station (Cambridge Xtra services) and the forecourt guy said "very nice car". I can't help standing in the kitchen and looking at it on the drive. Letting the dog out into the front garden at all hours? My pleasure :smiley: I've tried to post a photo via my usual image hosting site but I just keep getting the "X" and the word image next to it (It's my Avatar though). I need to work that out respective to this forum, never had any issues before. Hope you've had a fun weekend with your new ride.....!!!

Last edited:
A very enjoyable collection Dave; everything went smoothly and I enjoyed the drive North. I actually kept in in comfort mode for most of the way but when I reached the final stretch I switched to Dynamic and Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! It's a monster. I love everything about it, just an amazing car. My first stop was at a Shell Station (Cambridge Xtra services) and the forecourt guy said "very nice car". I can't help standing in the kitchen and looking at it on the drive. Letting the dog out into the front garden at all hours? My pleasure :smiley: I've tried to post a photo via my usual image hosting site but I just keep getting the "X" and the word image next to it (It's my Avatar though). I need to work that out respective to this forum, never had any issues before. Hope you've had a fun weekend with your new ride.....!!!

Glad it went well, Keith. She's a beauty! Must admit, I do like Glacier.

Car got filthy on the way to my parents, so she's had her first wash and a layer of wax applied. The 10 spokes are going to be hard to clean; I've put some wax on them for now, but they'll need removing and sealing. Treated the glass with RainX.

Still loving it and, like you, any excuse to have a look at the car and I'm there! :)

Hello there, I am new here. I hope it is OK to post in this thread, as I posted in the A1 thread, but it doesn't seem as active. I ordered an A1 with BW45, it was actually started the week before. It has now been in QC since 6th November and the dealer says that is undergoing extra checks. Does anyone have experience of this or know what it means? I know I won't get it now before the new year, but I am concerned about the QC delays. Many thanks

I had issues (as did others) posting pics when I joined up. Tapatalk App was the answer. Absolutely no issues now.

I had issues (as did others) posting pics when I joined up. Tapatalk App was the answer. Absolutely no issues now.

Thanks, I don’t have any decent photos yet so just testing Tapatalk with this (taken through the window!);
81e636ef8fe1300c74062fbf35b6966d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and davemk