yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Yes! This tracker has been awful! The New Years glitch filled me with hope, then brought me back down with a crash :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: BlueBadger and S3go
I hope so pal! I'm almost past caring whether I have a 17 plate as I'm on PCP anyway so can't see it making much difference. Only saying march as that's what I got told when I rang Audi UK. Give up chasing the dealer a while a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are you not interested in keeping the car? Doesn't it make a difference when it comes to handing it back anyways in line with the initial "bubble payment"?
The conversation I had with the salesman had me a little confused but I hope to understand it a little better.
They guaranteed me the car will be worth 17k in 4 years time, if the value is more I get the difference in my pocket, to use as a deposit against a new build, or to be knocked off the guaranteed price of 17k (for example the cars value came to 22k I'd have 5k to use?)

Surely waiting out till March would be beneficial all day!?

If the GFV is 17k and the car is valued at the time at say 18.5k you now have 1.5k 'equity' in the car to put down as a new deposit if you intend to trade the car in. If you intend to car back at the end of the monthly payments then the GFV doesn't really come into it. I don't really understand when you say knock it off the GFV? The 17k is the just the final payment if you want to keep the car, or the figure to work out how much equity you have with regards to a part ex.

If the GFV is 17k and the car is valued at the time at say 18.5k you now have 1.5k 'equity' in the car to put down as a new deposit if you intend to trade the car in. If you intend to car back at the end of the monthly payments then the GFV doesn't really come into it. I don't really understand when you say knock it off the GFV? The 17k is the just the final payment if you want to keep the car, or the figure to work out how much equity you have with regards to a part ex.
Ah yes sorry.... I muddled that up good and proper lol. But I understand now

I think, the smartest way of doing it. Is to buy the car off them at the end and sell it privately. You'll get more for it than what Audi would offer you. But it's more hassle.

Reactions: BlueBadger
Just got a email of my lease company and I've been given build week 4. Anyone have a guess on when it might come reading this I'm guessing any time this year haha anyone else same build week ? I'm guessing week 4 is end of January but if anyone can put me right please do so. I'm too excited now and hate waiting specially when my current car went on the 21st Dec and using my van for work and personal driving :(

Should be mid Feb mate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Nath.S4
Code:
"orderStatus":"40","deliveryDealerCode":"00847","orderHistory":[{"orderStatus":"40","statusDate":"2016-12-29T01:17:32+0000"},

I beg to differ audi tracker :p

q2WeUUwh.jpg

Reactions: billy.rt
Ordered around the same time as you and originally waited 2.5 weeks for the estimated build date to come up on yourAudi. When it did, it said 1st May 2017 and then 10th April 2017. Recently, it has moved to 27th March 2017 but the dealership has advised that the date should come forward to February. Like yourself, I will be pretty annoyed if I have to tax the car under the new regulations :tired:
I just popped into the dealership this morning and managed to sort my order number out. After having a quick discussion with my sales rep..... he's reassured me that it'll be here before Aprilquote" I'll drive over there to get the car myself if I had to, and meant that you'd get it before april" don't really want to be paying an extra.....what is it £450 a year on tax if I can help it.
He had all the files out and confirmed that my Saloon is starting build at the very latest build week 8 which is the 20th of February, but likely to start a couple weeks before then, so at the latest he reckons it'll be mid March before I can collect my car. Which I'll be over the moon with :)

I think, the smartest way of doing it. Is to buy the car off them at the end and sell it privately. You'll get more for it than what Audi would offer you. But it's more hassle.
The question is, who decides what the GFV is? What if the cars value isn't what they guarantee when it comes to buying it off them after the agreement?
At 44k the cars value out of the factory, I would have payed over 30k by the time the agreement is up. To my calculations shouldn't it be around 14k?

looks stunning @sparky86 you must be over the moon! mine hit status 40 on the 31/12/16.
I'm hoping I wont be waiting much longer for mine now - the wait is agonising!

The question is, who decides what the GFV is? What if the cars value isn't what they guarantee when it comes to buying it off them after the agreement?
At 44k the cars value out of the factory, I would have payed over 30k by the time the agreement is up. To my calculations shouldn't it be around 14k?

Yes but you are probably paying a fair chunk interest in your monthly payments so you can't really work it out like that. The GFV is generally around a couple of thousand under what they expect the true value to be to leave you with a small deposit for next car. If it's worth less than the GFV then you'll just hand it back to them?

Mine's hit status 30... so, does that mean it's left the factory and waiting for a ship or that it's on a ship and on it's way to the UK?

Humm... Necktar Highway is in port at the moment at Emden.

Anyone know the UK ports that Audi use? I know Grimsby is one...

depends geographically where the dealer is and where the car was ordered from. But the U.K ports are Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne.

My car was ordered through Sheffield Audi, so subsequently my car was delivered to Grimsby as that is the closest port to the Sheffield dealership.

Thanks. Guess mine would be Sheerness then...

Last edited:
I just popped into the dealership this morning and managed to sort my order number out. After having a quick discussion with my sales rep..... he's reassured me that it'll be here before Aprilquote" I'll drive over there to get the car myself if I had to, and meant that you'd get it before april" don't really want to be paying an extra.....what is it £450 a year on tax if I can help it.
He had all the files out and confirmed that my Saloon is starting build at the very latest build week 8 which is the 20th of February, but likely to start a couple weeks before then, so at the latest he reckons it'll be mid March before I can collect my car. Which I'll be over the moon with :)

Hopefully mine is the same! I'm glad you found that out though as it makes me feel better about my order :tearsofjoy:

Yes but you are probably paying a fair chunk interest in your monthly payments so you can't really work it out like that. The GFV is generally around a couple of thousand under what they expect the true value to be to leave you with a small deposit for next car. If it's worth less than the GFV then you'll just hand it back to them?

If anyone wanted to be a little more frugal, and weren't interested in PCP:

Had a tip from a broker, as Audi offer deposit contributions for PCP. He said get it on PCP at the last minute before paying deposit, then you get the contribution. Go away and sort a lower interest rate loan. After you pick up the car up, the very next day, call Audi finance and cancel the PCP and pay it off in full using the loan. Costs something like £30/day for the PCP when you cancel it he said.

So you end up with getting the £500 for an A3 or £1000 for an A4 contribution, minus £30 for the day you had PCP. And a lower interest rate.

I decided against it personally as I didn't want the additional search on my credit rating for other reasons. But if it helps someone else, sounded like a neat little trick.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a financial advisor, so make your own decisions :)

Hopefully mine is the same! I'm glad you found that out though as it makes me feel better about my order :tearsofjoy:
He did say something about week 8 being my original date.... he said that it can only start sooner than that, they can't push it back.
He also said when I made the order......and because I made it with him, he apparently pushed mine in the queue in replace of a demo car ordered for a dealership up country. How much of that is true I don't know

Anyone had there's delivered via transporter rather than driven if leasing?

Have you got yours yet @billy.rt ?
Hi mate, and no not yet, I've got a status 60 on the top line of my tracker however there's no time stamp against it. But if it is actually on a status 60 it means it should be at the dealership tomorrow or now even... need to wait until tomorrow for the tracker to see if it officially updates to 'arrived'

Reactions: Mark_86
Ok great, are you pretty far away from the supplying dealer?

About 400 miles, had just expected it to driven up. My brother had leased a Nissan Xtrail a few weeks earlier and it was driven a similar distance.

Thanks for the info. I'm about 230 miles away so just wondering if there was a cut off for a driven delivery.

Reactions: BarryG79
Yeah I'm exactly 210 miles from the dealership. I would rather not have it driven all that way to be honest down the A1/M11 for 3 hours I don't like the idea of it. If that's the case I would want to be the one driving it back!

Reactions: BarryG79
Yeah I'm exactly 210 miles from the dealership. I would rather not have it driven all that way to be honest down the A1/M11 for 3 hours I don't like the idea of it. If that's the case I would want to be the one driving it back!

Exactly my thoughts. My current lease was delivered by a nice chap but did have a few stone chips when it arrived which was disappointing.

i did check the train fares from my local train station to Sheffield including a cab from the station to the dealership i'm looking at about £40 roughly to get up there and collect the car myself if I wanted too - which I might think about closer to the time. Be nice to break the car in a little aswel and maybe take a de-tour down some B roads haha

Exactly my thoughts. My current lease was delivered by a nice chap but did have a few stone chips when it arrived which was disappointing.

Sounds like my delivery all went well, guy was here for a hour. Only it was a chip in the door for me! Thinking it may have happened on the transporter. Currently awaiting repair.
1d5c92f63f5032ee82358beccf23aa88.jpg

How do you go about the repairs? I take it it will be through the transport company?

Seine Highway is on its way from Emden to Sheerness. Please let mine be on it!

How do you go about the repairs? I take it it will be through the transport company?

All being dealt with through transport company who have been great. However I was originally told it would be a smart repair at home/work. It then took a week for the repair company to get back to me re booking it in. They wanted car for the day, 60 mile round trip, day off work and I would need to kill time for 8hrs. Told transport company that wasn't happening, so now to take it for estimate locally before booking it in.

Okay mate that sounds fair of them I guess. So you would get a quote locally, they would agree the price and you would invoice the transport company for your money back?

He did say something about week 8 being my original date.... he said that it can only start sooner than that, they can't push it back.
He also said when I made the order......and because I made it with him, he apparently pushed mine in the queue in replace of a demo car ordered for a dealership up country. How much of that is true I don't know
Sounds like you did well there! Mine is just in the normal queue unfortunately so the waiting game continues for a while longer :cry: