yourAudi - Track New Car Order

@Davo44 Gran Canaria car on its way to sheerness buddy that's gotta be you! Has your status changed at all?

Hey,got a email yesterday saying cars being loaded on boat.
So looks like it.Thanks for heads up.
Hows yours,any movement mate?

Yours should be in the uk tomorrow mate by the sounds of it! And no update yet mate waiting for another ship to get into Emden - looks like it will be the African highway but I way of telling where the ship will be going from there

African highway docked at Emden now so fingers crossed she's Grimsby bound for anyway like myself waiting for the cars to go Grimsby!

Little while yet

Attachments

• IMG_6054.PNG
    IMG_6054.PNG
    455.6 KB · Views: 196
Daft question I know, but this thread gets good foot fall. How much are we talking for a FL S3 servicing plan? Or is anyone bothering?

God knows mate, mines on a lease so I'm not bothered much to be honest. Maybe try another thread on here I'm sure I see a servicing thread the other day...

African highway just left for Sheerness if anyone was waiting on there cars to leave Germany... I'm still waiting for a Grimsby!

Finally got a delivery date, 12th January. Best date they could give me but at least I know when I get it now.

I'm not sure how it works though with collecting the car yourself from the dealer without involving the leasing company. I'm going to be leasing myself but I'm not sure how it works if I want to collect. The car belongs to the finance company so I would have thought they would have had to have a rep collect it and not myself. That's if I want to contact the dealership directly that is and that's what I would rather do...

I'm not sure how it works though with collecting the car yourself from the dealer without involving the leasing company. I'm going to be leasing myself but I'm not sure how it works if I want to collect. The car belongs to the finance company so I would have thought they would have had to have a rep collect it and not myself. That's if I want to contact the dealership directly that is and that's what I would rather do...

Just contact dealer direct and arrange collection from them. After an email from lease company saying car was at dealer I've heard not a thing from them since! No follow up calls, requests for feedback after delivery etc. My impression is they have their admin fee, they placed order with dealer who have car now so it's up to them now. Guy at dealer gave me his mobile number and has been happy for me to contact him since with any questions.

Hopefully u get a delivery date soon then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audi S3 FL Stronic
Ibis White

So the delivery of the car is organised by the main dealer and not the lease company? I was under the impression the delivery of the car was by a rep of the lease company for some reason... I might give them a call shortly then, I'm just waiting for a ship for my car now so once it's on a ship it's within 2 weeks...

So the delivery of the car is organised by the main dealer and not the lease company? I was under the impression the delivery of the car was by a rep of the lease company for some reason... I might give them a call shortly then, I'm just waiting for a ship for my car now so once it's on a ship it's within 2 weeks...

Who is the lease company?

Lease company basically just place the order with dealer and submit finance paperwork to finance supplier.

Mine was with Select Leasing, through Slough Audi. Delivery arranged with dealer direct who had car delivered and PDI by Paragon (part of British Car Auctions) who have a PDI centre in Bicester
http://www.paragonautomotive.co.uk/our-service/

Paragon have been excellent to deal with, car came on 2 car transporter and driver spent 1hr going over car how most stuff worked, set up phone including going on a drive to make sure I was happy with controls, auto box etc. He even cleaned it on site to remove transport dirt on the 400 mile delivery. After paperwork was complete a very small chip was noticed on drivers door edge (may have happened on truck??) he took photo and reported to office. Currently awaiting repair but have been held up by third party repair company and now the hols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audi S3 FL Stronic
Ibis White

Reactions: Davo44 and billy.rt
As per the above. I am also through select, I rang dealer and arranged collection. They were more than happy to deal direct with me and collection was arrange 2 days after my call.

Collected mine a couple of hours ago, those waiting for delivery and build all I can say is the long painful wait is worth it!

Not had much chance to give it a good push as it's icy and thick fog up here but will take it out tomorrow

To answer a few questions from above;

Re servicing plans, the schedule for mine is 2 years or 19k miles whichever is soonest so I'll probably only service it once

Re the Audi ring lights that shine on the floor, mines got them and they are ace!

If anyone has any qs just let me know

Reactions: Davo44, billy.rt, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Cheers guys thanks for the info and I'm with select also and just had confirmation my car is finally on its way to the U.K this morning! Gonna give Sheffield Audi a quick call this morning to confirm it's status and hopefully get a date for delivery and/or collection!

Reactions: Davo44, Mark_86, BarryG79 and 1 other person
Cheers guys thanks for the info and I'm with select also and just had confirmation my car is finally on its way to the U.K this morning! Gonna give Sheffield Audi a quick call this morning to confirm it's status and hopefully get a date for delivery and/or collection!

I hope mine is on the same ship. Mine is going to Audi Coventry. Tracker has been stuck at 38 since the 12th of Dec.

Reactions: Davo44
Hopefully mate! I was on a status 38 since the 11th until this morning but it looks like it's on the African highway... and the home page on my login has changed to on its way to the uk aswel

Reactions: Davo44 and BarryG79
Great news Billy,bout time it's coming over mate.

Reactions: billy.rt
Hi mate,just phoned customer services up to check where she is.
Shes in uk:yes:.And should be picking her up by end of next week.
But want to check with guy im dealing with first.
but hes not into day,so will check with him tomorrow.

Just spoken to Oxford Audi who have advised that the Factory has been closed for the past week and will reopen after the New Year. All order dates for 2017 should come forward after that as they reschedule the order of vehicles to be built :construction:

I hope mine is on the same ship. Mine is going to Audi Coventry. Tracker has been stuck at 38 since the 12th of Dec.

My status changed this morning to 39.

It on its way to the UK.

Foofoo

Reactions: Davo44, billy.rt, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I'm glad I'm over tracking the ships - mine landed yesterday at Grimsby now just the wait to get it to the dealers! I'm hoping to get it the start of the second week in Jan but I don't know if that's just me being optimistic...

Reactions: Davo44
Hey guys,

Me and a friend both ordered two S3s together with the dealer promising a mid march - mid april delivery as we were hoping for a midnight launch which they don't offer. While I understand delivery times can vary, the dealership hasn't been responding to emails. So we contacted Audis customer service who were very helpful and we have been told at the moment the car is due for delivery May/June. Is this normal? we ordered the cars on the 1/12/2016 I wasn't expecting a 5-6 month build time. We have a construction date of 17/04/17 at the moment.

Hi njck,
If it helps in anyway I ordered my car on the 21/09/16 and it arrived in the UK last night. It had a build date of the 12/12/16 and I'm expecting it to be on my drive in 2 weeks time. So you're looking at roughly a month between the start of the build and being behind the wheel of your new car... give or take a week for delays but 5/6 weeks from the start of the build. So in your case the end of may I would have said the latest for your car to arrive I would put my money on

Hi njck,
If it helps in anyway I ordered my car on the 21/09/16 and it arrived in the UK last night. It had a build date of the 12/12/16 and I'm expecting it to be on my drive in 2 weeks time. So you're looking at roughly a month between the start of the build and being behind the wheel of your new car... give or take a week for delays but 5/6 weeks from the start of the build. So in your case the end of may I would have said the latest for your car to arrive I would put my money on
Hi billy.rt,

Thanks for the reply and this helps, still wasn't expecting such a long wait!

Yeah it's a hard long wait mate - I'm looking at a 16 week wait from order to delivery... it'll be worth the wait but it's just agonising lol!

Hi billy.rt,

Thanks for the reply and this helps, still wasn't expecting such a long wait!
I have the same order date on yourAudi as you and a build date of 10/04/17. Mine has come forward since the original order though and the dealer thinks it will move again once all parts have been collected and it hits the production line :smiley: Don't give up hope until it hits the production line!

I know this has been asked before, but whats the general lead-time from it hitting production, until it arrives at the dealer? I figured about 4-5 weeks...

I have the same order date on yourAudi as you and a build date of 10/04/17. Mine has come forward since the original order though and the dealer thinks it will move again once all parts have been collected and it hits the production line :smiley: Don't give up hope until it hits the production line!

My friend who also ordered with me has the same date as you 10/04/17 so i'm hoping these are rough dates at the moment, fingers crossed

To be fair I've read on other threads that the build date has been brought forward 2/3 weeks in some cases so you might be lucky in that sense mate!

But then saying that it all depends on the dealers available space they have for cars to be collected - totally random mate!