Your new 2009 S3 Sir ... a Minor problem !!

R7SAN

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been reading the forum for several weeks now, but this is my first post.

So what's with the Title? Well back in May I ordered a 2009 S3 3 door with the following options:-

Phantom Black
6 speed manual
Black Optics pack
BOSE
Sliver black nappa leather
Light / Rain sensor pack
Dimming mirrors
Interior light pack

In September I got a call from Guildford Audi saying my car had arrived but there was a minor problem!
The minor problem turned out to be that the car was a 5 DOOR SPORTBACK instead of the 3 DOOR I originally ordered!:banghead:
It turns out that Guildford Audi had correctly submitted my 3 door order and it was the factory that made the error. German reliability ?:think:
Anyway I had already got a good price on the car so Guildford Audi said they couldn't reduce the price in way of compensation,
but I can take the Sport back now and drive that until they get a 3 door s3.
They have also said that they will put Autogym Lifeshine on the 3 door and give me a new bag of Lifeshine aftercare products when it arrives for free.
What is everyone's thoughts on Autogym ? It's free, so is it worth having ? I have read the detailing section of the forum and i don't think I have the time or Patience to be honest

Another order for a 3 door was placed mid September and the factory have said to expect delivery in November !

The real annoying thing was my original order was arriving in Sept. and I had booked it in at AmDsurrey for a Milltek TBE, Revo2 and panel filter.

Having met Revo Kev and WarrenCox at ADI Castle Combe, I now know I NEED Revo 2+ hahaha

So I am currently exploring the limits of the sportback till November when I swap it for a new 3 door ... woohoo :arco:!!

P.S. If anyone is looking for a 2 month old 2009 S3 Sportback with the above spec, then I guess there will be one for sale in Surrey (Colbornes VW AUDI Group)

That's pretty much the biggest mistake they could possible make on an order other than it just being the wrong model! lol

If it's free then take it. Most say it's not worth it because it's not worth the money they charge but if it's free in the first place then why not :shrug:

Sounds like a bit of a deal if you ask me!
I had lifeshine on my R32, it's ok and does come up well, but if your into detailing etc it limits you. If you tend to leave your car dirty for weeks on end I'd advise you to get it.
Hope that helps!
Now get out there and give the sportback some abuse :asskicking:

WTFFFFFFFFFFFF unreal they could ever make that mistake.

The goods I'd take, but dont bother with the coating, say you'll have the bagof goodies but you wnat them to pay for a car detail to make up for it, lol

Whats the tax on the SB anyway.

I assume you mean VAT?
Well I have paid for the S3 3 door (TAX 15%) and I am the registered keeper of the Sport back. So when I exchange it, the Sportback will have to be classed as 2nd hand. I am sure there is now way they can charge VAT when they resell it.

Mistakes can happen, but that is a fairly big one for a big 'prestige (?)' marque.

Auto glym product Audi offer isn't really much cop, and it's a very low cost for them to pay.

No I mean the cost mate, sorry slang

If they are ordering from fresh again...
Say no thanks to the lifeshine- the kit is worth about £40.
And ask them to add something from the factory as way of an apology... I dunno, buckets, DVD nav..... something you'd find useful.

I'd ask for something else - first service/oil change FOC or Bluetooth kit or something. When I ordered mine it was delivered 2 months EARLY (don't ask - long story). When I claimed I didn't have the money to pay for it until the agreed delivery date the dealer retrofitted the RNS-E for me out of one of their other cars as an inducement to settle early. Admittedly I did have a greater bargaining position than you but it may be worth a try.
The Lifeshine stuff isn't worth much to be honest.

Ah... well the cost before discount on the 3 door (inc. extras) came to approx £29100. The OTR price of standard 3 door is £27480 and SB is £28000 according to AUDI website.

So with the extras that would mean the new price of the SB inc. extras would be approx £29600, so it will be intresting to see how much they try and sell it 2nd hand

I paid £28000 but i got way more PX than i expected for my 56' A3 2.0T quattro Special Edition, so I was happy :happy:

Yeahh right, have you got a new build date yet?

Apparently build dates are "fluctuating at the moment ".... I'd like to see your new s3 here before then but like me whos getting a replacement car I was quoted end of OCT then NOV 6th and now finally week 49 i.e December 6th.

Please ring your dealer and see if you have a confirmed build week because from what bull Ive head you'll be lucky to see your car this side of xmas.

David

I could tell you stories about Guildford Audi that would make your toes curl.....lol
Here is a starter but don't get me going !

When i went to pick up my A3, there it was in the delivery room all shiny and waiting. I signed the paper work picked up my box of bathroom smellys ( were they trying to tell me something) and went to get in my nice car.....then i noticed the door lock had been slide hammered out of the drivers door !!

Oh yes sir...someone tried to brake in to it on the forecourt and the parts are now on back order !!.Sir.

I will not bore you about the total lack of communication and the 5 week wait for parts that they got in 3 days and forgot to tell me about or the fact that they never even rang to tell me the car was ready for collection despite promising they would ring by lunch time.....i eventually rang them at 3pm and they were ****** off i hadn't been to collect it !!!

And so on............

You think thats bad, lol.

They were working on my S3 some years back & working on the seats, they couldnt figure out how to do it, so I had to actually take the fecking seat out of my car myself & grab there tools from them & fix it myself in my front room, which was unbelievable back then to think it got that bad & we're talking some 5-6 yrs back & they also damaged trims & scratched the leather

These people still in business, amazes me tbh & left ****** white polish cream all over the piano black areas, anyone would think Stevie Wonder was working on my car given how bad they attempted to do the work

Welcome to the "I got the wrong car club".

My A4 Avant turned up without parking sensors or quattro so I rejected it.

After driving it for 5 months my 59 plate car turned up now equipped as a MY2010 spec car including LED rear lights, 3G MMI and the new Start Stop functionality. Mine was a dealer cockup which is the most common problem.

Amazing that the factory screwed up.

You think thats bad, lol.

They were working on my S3 some years back & working on the seats, they couldnt figure out how to do it, so I had to actually take the fecking seat out of my car myself & grab there tools from them & fix it myself in my front room, which was unbelievable back then to think it got that bad & we're talking some 5-6 yrs back & they also damaged trims & scratched the leather

These people still in business, amazes me tbh & left ****** white polish cream all over the piano black areas, anyone would think Stevie Wonder was working on my car given how bad they attempted to do the work

Paahh, I can beat that !!
when i took the A3 in a couple of weeks ago to get the FBSW fitted i told them it was a 30 minute job because they said no one there had fitted one before and could i fit it for them and they would just code it !! they looked at the wheel and said, whats it off!!!!
It eventually took them 3 hours..If i had known i would have done it myself. Since done one in 20 minutes :)

Dramas with my 08 S3 too. Day I picked it up went to the inspection room and found that the car was covered in scratches, pretty pos it wasn't like that before hmmmmm. I asked them to change the tyres due to the side walls missing chunks, they claimed they had changed all 4 which they clearly hadn't.

Tried driving off the forecourt aaaaaaannnnnnnd no fuel, was promised half a tank. Just to top it off there was a clunking noise from the steering, and despite an ongoing investigation to fix it, they are still failing. 3 months on. geeeeeez!!!!!!!

lifeshine is rubbish mate , demand something else

Don't bother with the Lifeshine. It was offered to me for free when I spec'd folding mirrors and they weren't fitted on delivery. Its crap when you pay for it, so what do you think it will be like when they know they are doing it for free. Have a look through the Audi Merchandise catalogue and get something for yourself out of there.

lifeshine take it or leave it. I'd haggle for something else they can either retrofit or add to the build if it's not been already scheduled. Meantime at least you've got 2 extra doors and free wear and tear ;)

Paul

I'd be looking for a LARGE discount off your intended purchase. Not sure if they communicated this f*#k up to HQ but mention that you're comtemplating writing to them explaining the situation. It might raise a few eye brows. Not sure if they're blaming the factory to cover their own @rses.

A wee story to give you inspiration...

A good freind of a colleague of mine at work ordered a new vw Passat which the dealership screwed the order on. As a 'peace offering' they offered him a brand spanking new well equipped r32 of £19999.

Get in there son!!!!!!

A good freind of a colleague of mine at work ordered a new vw Passat which the dealership screwed the order on. As a 'peace offering' they offered him a brand spanking new well equipped r32 of £19999.

Get in there son!!!!!!

VW had a run on these to get shot before the new model. They were pushed on to dealers. Sounds like his timeing was just about right to get one. Don't think that they bent over backwards to help as they didnt'.