Your Lifetime MPG

Matt

Reaction score
This is the average MPG thats shown on the 2nd trip computer yeah?

Thought it might be interesting to see what models are getting what!

Engine: 2.0 TDi 170
Reg: Sept 07
Approx. Mileage: 2650
Current Lifetime MPG: 39.4

Add yours :icon_thumright:

I'm not sure it's the lifetime, but apparently over the last 80 hours driving or so I've got 20.1mpg.

I wish you hadn't asked me now! I never would have looked!

Average since I have had the car (2 years) is showing 24.9mpg...which I am pretty pleased with really, thats no worse than my 2 friends new S3`s and we very often have a little tussle...:happy: :nyah:

It's 24.3 over the last 86 hours.

Luckily I live close to work otherwise that mpg would be killing me.

The 2nd comp keeps running until you reset it, so the figures will be from the time you last reset it.

Coincidentaly I reset mine last night, it was reading ~5600 miles and an average of 30.0mpg.

24.5 over the first 2100 miles.

Mostly town / country with a couple of motorway runs.

Maybe it will get better but I'm not holding my breath!

23.2mpg from new in 7,944 miles

Against an alleged 29.7mpg combined

I am pleased with that :icon_thumright: so much fun and for so little cost

I usually reset my trip 2 computer after filling the car with fuel - otherwise you don't get any indication of how your mpg, average speed, etc vary from trip to trip.

I thought everybody did that - clearly I appear to be in the minority judging by the posts above.

MarcQuinlivan said:
I usually reset my trip 2 computer after filling the car with fuel - otherwise you don't get any indication of how your mpg, average speed, etc vary from trip to trip.

I thought everybody did that - clearly I appear to be in the minority judging by the posts above.

Thats what I use trip 1 for? And I reset the trip thing with the odometer everytime I re-fuel.

Ooops so its not the lifetime MPG then....

if I hold the reset button does it reset both trip computers or do you have to have the trip computer up that you want to reset then hold reset? Then do the same for the other one?

Keep meaning to look in the manual but then forget about it!

07 S3

20.9MPG - used to be 28 in my old S3, perhaps the remap will bring it up a little, then again perhaps not :tocktock:

trip 2 says 47.2 average mpg over 13000 miles (although the real calculated average is 43mpg)

Lots of the same cars here...way different mpg's! Some people drive a little more enthusiastically than others I suppose...

Or maybe some just have lots of motorways miles to drive!

17.6mpg:faint: over 47 hours. Sometimes on the commute home it reads under 10!!!

07 S3 23.3mpg, mostly town and when not it's play time. I don't bother keeping check of mpg on the DIS gets too adictive, buy an S3 and just accept keep throwing juice in :)

Engine: 2.0 TFSI
Reg: Aug 07
Approx. Mileage: 3000
Current Lifetime MPG: 29.9

Engine: Sportback 2.0 TDi 140
Reg: Oct 04
Approx. Mileage: 27600
Current Lifetime MPG: 48.2

It has improved by around 2mpg over the last 20k while my driving habits are more or less the same. No complaints!

First registered: Oct 06
Engine: 2.0 TFSI (Bluefinned 13/01/07)
Mileage: 13953
Hours run: 409:13
Average speed: 34 MPH
Average MPG: 24.9

Edit: Now I've seen other TFSI figures I'm going to have to blame all those autobahn miles :sadlike:

47.1mpg - 2.0 TDI 140 , 12,500 on the clock and the 47.1 is over the last 3200 miles.

Happy days

5k miles and 38.7mpg on 2.0tdi (140) obviously I have a heavy right foot :w00t:

Engine: 2.0 Tfsi Quattro
Reg: Jan 07
Approx. Mileage: 9450
Current Lifetime MPG: 23.9

2.0T

16800miles

27.2mpg (not bad imo as most of my driving has been stop / start commuting)

S3 - 9500 miles - 24 MPG

Smee, you must have a heavy right foot!! ;)

Sept 2005
3.2 Sportback manual
26.2mpg since new over 19000 miles (same as claimed combined mpg)
Best tank 34 (driving like a nun on motorways / A roads)
Worst tank 11mpg - Brands Hatch

1.9TDI
15 months, 13,000 (mainly urban stop/start) miles.
48.9 mpg

Probably don't have as much fun in mine as the rest of you, but I don't visit a fuel station often! :moa: