Your Having A Giraffe

Footiecoach

Reaction score
So, having owned a host of high performance bad boys over the past few years most recently being Limited Edition Le Mans Jaguar 5.0 Supercharged (510bhp) I treated myself to a nice A7 3.0 BiTDI a few months back.

No accidents, claims, convictions etc and aged 45 and always paid around £300-£400 for my insurance and when swapping over from he XFR Direct Line told me on phone "That's fine as only £10 difference in premium for remainder of policy".

Full appreciate that the £10 is pro rata and expected my policy to perhaps go from £330 to say...........£410 (ish).

My Christ, Direct Line you've certainly surpassed yourselves with this comedy renewal - £730 !!!!!!!! I've not paid that figure since I had a full head of hair, baseball cap and my gleaming white Renault 5 Gt Turbo 26 years ago pmsl.

Quick comparison on moneysupermarket and its £410.

Hang your head in shame Direct Line.

Any other companies out there interested in new customer fine to PM me.

Reactions: kanecullen89
I had the exact same issue with direct line with my most recent renewal.

I got comparisons £200 cheaper and called them and all they responded with is that they cant get anywhere near the quotes I had received. What sort of business model is that? Surely any money from a customer is better value than losing a customer all together

Agreed kanecullen89 - the letter they sent me was "Thank you for being with us for 5 years we have pleasure in providing your renewal.....".

Eh........retention of good current customers ya half wits. As you say, I did quick comparison and others almost half the price and that isn't backstreet places this is Admiral etc etc......

I'd love to just get an insurance company and stay with them but most seem only interested in New Business and treat Existing Customers as 'in the bag' and they wont leave us type scenario!!!!

Who do you eventually go with?

always pays to check, got the same crap on my home insurance ~ got the quote, looked on gocompare and the same cover by the same company was like £70 cheaper. called them up and asked if they were taking the P. blathered about it being for new customers, ended up cancelling and rebuying at the cheaper price.

I'm with Admiral now. I've not had to use them for anything but I think they're all pretty much the same. They just gave me a price that was much cheaper than the direct line renewal!

always pays to check, got the same **** on my home insurance ~ got the quote, looked on gocompare and the same cover by the same company was like £70 cheaper. called them up and asked if they were taking the P. blathered about it being for new customers, ended up cancelling and rebuying at the cheaper price.

Really annoying how your loyalty is take for a ride in comparison to someone who has never given them a single penny - bonkers.

I'm with Admiral now. I've not had to use them for anything but I think they're all pretty much the same. They just gave me a price that was much cheaper than the direct line renewal!

Yeah its Admiral who are offering it half the price and I've been with them before and they were very good to deal with and mrs has them also so qualifies for multicar family if I wished to go down that route.

Insurance is a rip off .I always check on a website when I get my renewal and phone them up , I also do this with RAC and AA and the last time the AA wanted £240 for the same off the website was less than £140 called them advised "you get the discount when you are a new customer " and refused to match it so moved to the RAC .