1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Go To Products

Taxboy Aug 8, 2018

1. Taxboy

Taxboy Member

Not wanting to clutter up Jassy's snow foam thread. I thought it might be interesting so see what everyone's go to products are and see if any products keep cropping up. So if you were not allowed to buy anything you had not already used what single product in each category would you spend your hard earned on again

It might be helpful if you added a brief reason as well.

I'll start

Shampoo Bilt Hamber Autowash No fancy smells, but very slick and good cleaning power. Only a small amount needed so good vfm

LSP Bilt Hamber Finis. Easy to use if you put it on thinly. Good finish / durability and vfm

QD EZ car care gloss boss. Good gloss easy to use vfm

So over to the rest of you

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. pxr5

pxr5 Active Member Team Mythos A7 Owner Group Black Edition quattro TDi S-line owners group

Pre-wash - Autofoam through a pump sprayer (because it cleans well, nothing else comes close)

Shampoo - Carchem 1900:1 (great value, works well)

LSP - Fusso Dark - cheap, lasts ages, nice finish

QD - BSD. (Beading, cheap, protection)

Trim - Carpro Perl (dilutable, last ages, can use on tyres, trim, interior)

Tyres - Megs endurance (many don't like it, I love it - treid loads of others, always come back to this)

Wheels - Planet Polish Wheel, Seal and Shine or FK1000P - (both high temp for wheels, look good and last)

AIO Polish - AG SRP (The best AIO polish ever, nice finish, always works well)

Polish DAT - Scholl S20 (works well, breaks down easily to leave an nice finish)

Polish SMAT - Megs 105/205 combo - (Good workhorse polishes, easy to use)

Taxboy likes this.
  4. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

I ain't into all this Detailing World . ... jargon....but Just give me any car shampoo any microfibre mitt, 2 pads a white polishing pad and a green one,Sonax perfect finish, some quick detailer and Angelwax vision, finally any tyre dressing bar Megs as it's guff.... slings off the tyres faster than Tarzan swings through the jungle, it never cures and its a dust magnet
    I could live with just these products alone .. easily and my car wouldn't look any different

5. Adam14

Adam14 Buying more fuel... Team Ara Blue Audi S3 DSG

Haven't had a chance to use many but:

Pre wash: DoDo Juice iFoam
    Shampoo: Bilt Hamber
    Clay bar: AM details

Other products I've used, but not really good enough to recommend.

Taxboy likes this.
  6. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Black Edition S3 Saloon

I've tried many car shampoos over the years, but I now swear by Bilt Hamber Auto-Wash and wouldn't use anything else.
    Other cleaning/detailing products I am open to change. :)

Taxboy, jassyo06 and q5man like this.