Your best Miles per gallon (MPG)

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just curious as to what people are getting/can get out of their cars.

Last night I got 67.4mpg on the dis over 50 odd miles, I was doing just under 60mph on the motorway and dual carriageways (which were almost the whole trip), with some roadworks I was going 40mph for a while and there was no traffic.

That's by far the most I've ever gotten, i usually get around 48/50 driving normally on the same road. I didn't honestly think the car could do that many mpg. It needs a service soon too.

Worst i've seen on a trip was 28 crossing Dublin in rush hour.

The car is a 2005 2.0Tdi 140bhp saloon with 54k.

I believe B7 DIS units overestimate the mpg by cira 10%.I can say this by having compared the mpg from two different 2.0 tdi units.
My usual mpg on the DIS is circa 50 mpg and the very best I have had from a long motoway stretch at a steady 50mph (due to extensive road works) is 68 mpg ON THE DIS.

Paul B7

I've had my A4 1.9tdi for about 6 weeks now. I drive 265 miles a day round trip to get to the office and back, with the DIS showing around 56mpg. I checked this by brimming the tank, doing a couple of days commuting, brimming it again and working out the economy myself- it came in at 56.2mpg!

Gotta say, I'm really happy with that. The journey is about 20 miles cross-country and then motorway all the way except for the last 5 miles where it's back to A-roads and roundabouts. Motorway I just sit there with the cruise set to 72 and 'plod along' for 100+ miles :w00t:

I have had between 65-75mpg while doing 50mph on the M1 in that ****** restricted speed zone!

well rub it in guys cos im getting well less than 35. but to be fair my engine never really gets hot and its constant town driving.

i dont hav dis, but its pretty much 5 quid a gallon and im getting pretty much dead on 100 mile to 15 quid

This certainly highlights the Diesel 'v' Petrol mpg's.

I have the 2.0t quattro & although a do minimal miles daily and generally keep my foot down - I'm averaging 25.7 on trip 2.
I have managed to get 40mpgs's on a 100 mile trip up to the lake district - but was really really trying!

Tim.

Got a 2.0T FSI and my best so far was 42.6 MPG (according to DIS) on a trip the other day with about 65 miles on the M6 and 13 miles urban driving. My average normally varies from 18 MPG to 35 MPG depending on the driving style and route.

140 TDI S-Line 38K miles on the clock - I recently had 69.8mpg on the way to work which is about the best I've seen (M42 25 miles run normally restricted to 50/60mph). Not re-set the overall average for 20,000 miles and it's on 52.4 but I am mainly doing motorway commuting which I guess is the most economical driving. Even if the DIS is over reading I'm still fairly happy with this.

In my previous 1.8T I was lucky to get 40 and could easily get it down to the low 20's if driven briskly.

I'm laughing here in that no one has mentioned the 'in gear - down hill - off throttle' reading of 200mpg!!!!

I used to keep and eye on my 2.0TDi 170 before having it chipped, and my overall average was always around about 34mpg.......I reckon the highest average I've ever peaked is about 42mpg. Our second car is an 04 Clio 1.5 DCi and you can razz the nuts off it and it still returns around 60mpg!!!!

I once got 58mpg on a trip back from Nottingham.
I'm running a 2.0T petrol but the worst I have at present with running around is 22 mpg !!!

The 200mpg downhill only shows on mine when I have very little throttle on though, no throttle give the --- sign downhill.

2.0 T remapped I get about 26 mpg but if I hit traffic and its nose to tail it can be worse it really dont like that !

I have Honda CG125cc or the Yamaha YBR 125 cc, they give around 90mpg. 50cc Scooters should be even more economical.

I average 46mpg mainly short distance driving but on a long motorway run i average 52mpg 2.0tdi

I average 48 in the family Derv, which I am very happy with.

Better than my S3 :(

Just retro-fitted cruise to my TDI 170 Avant.

Manage to tease 48MPG out of it on the way to Manchester and back at a steady 70.

Used to struggle to get 42 so the cruise makes a difference. Still not as good as the TDI 140 boys :(

About 15 with our Audi a8 W12, 2006. The window sticker from Mario Andretti when he purchased it, had a $1700 gas gussler tax.

2.0T quattro remapped gets about 31 on average, but varies between about 28 and 34 on any given journey.

2.0 tfsi Sline Special Edition Quattro - 4 years and 57k of not resetting the DIS = 29.9mpg. best ever was a trip to Lancaster last month, 70mph on the M6, 45mpg. Worst ever, trip from Manchester to Holmes Chapel when late to collect my son from school - 17mpg!!!!!

I'm laughing here in that no one has mentioned the 'in gear - down hill - off throttle' reading of 200mpg!!!!

I used to keep and eye on my 2.0TDi 170 before having it chipped, and my overall average was always around about 34mpg.......I reckon the highest average I've ever peaked is about 42mpg. Our second car is an 04 Clio 1.5 DCi and you can razz the nuts off it and it still returns around 60mpg!!!!

After chip what was the bhp & mpg (thinking bout it myself)
Mac

My previous cars

2.5 Quattro Sport V6 TDI A4 -
Avreage motorway 42 -45 mpg
Town - 26-31 mpg

190 Quattro Sport 1.8T
Avreage motorway 32 -36 mpg
Town - 20-23 mpg

2.0 TDI Sline
Avreage motorway 45 -53 mpg
Town - 33-38 mpg

Got 47 mpg from dartford to lews at 60 mpg in my 2 tfsi quattro