You bought a 3 or 5 door?

• 3 Doors

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • 5 Doors

Votes: 54 76.1%

• Total voters

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Just trying to get a figure in my head how many of you got the 3 door or 5 door versions.

Thanks

Should of done hatchback/sportback/saloon as the 5 door has accounts for 2 cars where as the 3 door has 1 :) hope it makes sense LOL!

Should of done hatchback/sportback/saloon as the 5 door has accounts for 2 cars where as the 3 door has 1 :) hope it makes sense LOL!

You have:
3 doors - Hatch
4 doors - Saloon
5 doors - sportback

My A3 will have 4 doors... I can't vote...

Last edited:
Why does it matter.. We bought 5 door because it suits our needs better, and arguably looks better and is likely to hold value better.

I bought the Sportback (5 door) as it's more practical for me, and I personally prefer the looks of the Sportback over the 3 door. The doors on the Sportback are not as wide so it makes getting in and out of the car easier in the garage etc. The saloon wasn't available when I ordered mine, but I quite like that too.

And I bought hatch because the doors are bigger - easier to get in and out the driving seat....

I think this thread should be deleted then reinstated to include the saloon....

And I bought hatch because the doors are bigger - easier to get in and out the driving seat....

If the doors are longer though, can actually make it harder when parking, as the angle of the door that you can open is less, so more of the door is closer to you as you are getting in or out.

If the doors are longer though, can actually make it harder when parking, as the angle of the door that you can open is less, so more of the door is closer to you as you are getting in or out.
I am "big boned"*. In the 5 door, I have to squeeze between the door pillar and the steering wheel. It is uncomfortable.

* I'm also 6ft 8in tall, so "big boned" is all relative.

We've ordered a Sportback (5 door) - imho I think looks nicer, but the main reason for getting a 2nd car was to have one with 5 door :)