You wanted pics?

Absolutely love this!!

I've gone for a very similar spec... I was struggling to decide between full and half leather but seeing yours, I'm glad I went with the alcantara.

Cheers for this post - it also convinced me of the colour and a few other extras.

Looks stunning!

Hi there, can i ask what suspension setting your car has? Is it SE, Sport or S-Line?

Thinking of ordering myself but because I do an awful lot of country/motorway driving I am considering S-Line with SE suspension.

It's the Sport suspension, which is the standard on the S-Line unless you change it.

I find it a very good compromise. It's firm enough for good handling and roadholding but still very comfortable. It's a lot more compliant than the old 8P S-Line I had before.

I'd recommend it. I think the S-Line suspension is for hardcore people only who want handling above all else, whereas the SE suspension may be a little soft and I was also concerned that it might look odd due to the high ride height, as large wheels with low profile tyres can look strange if there are large gaps between the arch and the top of the wheel.

Thanks for responding quickly. I share the same reservations about the look of the S-Line on SE suspension. Think I may go for the middle ground like you say.

Absolutely love this!!

I've gone for a very similar spec... I was struggling to decide between full and half leather but seeing yours, I'm glad I went with the alcantara.

Can be personal taste, but i also have the part leather which i prefer ( not the alcantara type though ), also think it retains it shape for longer? but then you have more issues with cleaning, or keeping clean.

Mark.

As I've said before on here, I think full leather is usually an affectation. I accept that it's easy to clean and, if you have children, this can be all the justification you need, but otherwise I think most people get it because they think it looks "classy" or "posh", when in reality I feel it's far less practical than half-leather. It's too cold in the winter (necessitating heated seats), too hot in the summer and doesn't grip you as well.

Whilst the side bolsters/wings can be leather, I think the centre sections need to be material really. Alcantara is the best blend of comfort, grip and looks but obviously isn't cheap. If I didn't have that I'd still go for leather/cloth rather than full leather, and indeed have done in my last two cars.

Very nice. Ive just ordered a daytona grey sportback 1.4tfsi, comfort pack, Audi sound system, lowered s line suspension and i think Ill add the interior lights package after seeing yours! :rockwoot:

Awesome looking car. Quick question regarding interior light pack. Could you tell which areas light up. I can see the cup holders have a ring around them. Do the vents have light around them?

Thanks

You get footwell lights, puddle lights in the bottom of the doors, lights in the interior door handles, vanity mirror lights, cup-holder lights, map reading lights front and rear plus the red LED "mood" lighting in the overhead console. No lights around the vents I'm afraid.

IMG_1846.jpg

Holy Crap you live where I live!

Did you get it from the Coventry Dealer? I went in with my mum and they refused to do any deal at all on the A3s proper useless!

Actually that's not quite where I live - I'm in Birmingham. Just went for a drive out somewhere to take pics. When that was taken I was actually parked at the Orange Tree in Chadwick End :)

Care to post a picture of the front end with both xenons and DRL's on?....... Be much appreciated :)

Sean

Would if I had one - will take a pic when I get a chance :)

I've been the proud custodian of an 8L S3 (MY2003) and I love it, but it might be time to upgrade. This car has brought me back out of the woodwork. Thanks so much for the pics Vertigo — some of the best I've seen on the web.

-- james

Vertigo, am I right in thinking that as part of the interior light pack, the LED light strip where the speakers are is because you have the B+O system? Thanks

The LED strip does come with the B&O yes, but I think you get it even if you don't have the Interior Lighting Pack. The brochure certainly doesn't mention anything about the lighting pack being required.

Is the white ring on the MMI wheel part of the interior light package, or is this just if you order the technology package?

The white ring is only if you order the technology package. It illuminates to indicate the touch pad is active (on certain fields)

The LED strip does come with the B&O yes, but I think you get it even if you don't have the Interior Lighting Pack. The brochure certainly doesn't mention anything about the lighting pack being required.

I think you only have that LED strip because you have B+O system, just taken delivery of a SB but no LED strip there :(

Hi Vertigo I really enjoyed looking at your photos and can appreciate the really good spec. Tell me this. The photos of the the front and rear seats with the leather/ perf alc shows that combo off a real treat. Did you include the through load facility on these rear seats only the centre panel suggests that. Or is this how that centre is now divided on the new A3 SPB. On the previous A3 SPB S-line model which I have, that centre panel was not divided up like that.I have to say that I prefer the looks of that new division as shown on yours. Look forward to your comments and was that rear load facility useful, that's if you have it.

Brilliant photos and excellent quality. Few pic of parts I Hadn't seen before and was interested in so thanks for the sheer detail! Thumbs up.

Hi Vertigo I really enjoyed looking at your photos and can appreciate the really good spec. Tell me this. The photos of the the front and rear seats with the leather/ perf alc shows that combo off a real treat. Did you include the through load facility on these rear seats only the centre panel suggests that. Or is this how that centre is now divided on the new A3 SPB. On the previous A3 SPB S-line model which I have, that centre panel was not divided up like that.I have to say that I prefer the looks of that new division as shown on yours. Look forward to your comments and was that rear load facility useful, that's if you have it.

Nope I don't have the through load facility so that's how it looks without it - not sure how it'd look with it mind you :)

Brilliant photos and excellent quality. Few pic of parts I Hadn't seen before and was interested in so thanks for the sheer detail! Thumbs up.

No worries & thanks. I've spent far too much money on photographic gear so would have been a shame not to take advantage of it and get some decent pics :)

Reactions: methix
Thanks for your reply. It would be interesting to know what the difference in looks is ,if any, with the through load facility fitted. I have to ask the dealer.

IMG_1848.jpg

Anyone know if its possible to get DAB to display this kind on information on the standard system (show, dj, etc?) The only way I seem to be able to get near to it is by going into functions and information... reduced display doesnt show it either?

Ta,
Ben.

Thanks :) Thread is rather old as I got the car in October 2012, it just gets revived now and then when I link to it when people ask for pics of stuff.

Hello Vertigo1 - haven't seen on the forum for a while.

Thanks for the pictures Vertigo.

I've gone for a very similar spec.apart mine is an auto,and in misano red

I'm massively impressed by the car as an all round package. It feels so well built . It's much more big hot hatch then I expected, the 1.4 COD engine and the default suspension ride is just prefect is very nippy indeed. The engine sound and exhaust note is better than my present tractor sounding A1 Tdi

The B&O speaker lights look the nuts! Thanks for the night shots - makes you appreciate just how nicely designed the interior really is!