YORKSHIRE X-MAS DO (END OF YEAR) DRIVE OUT/NIGHT OUT

saz83

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

As Christmas is fast approaching I was wondering if there is any interest in a Christmas drive out/night out?

I was thinking a nice drive out mid afternoon on a Saturday, then head for a Christmas market, we can eat/drink/chat and if you are bringing the ladies then there are some stalls to look round so no one gets bored, Some places have an outdoor ice rink or rides so bring the kids along too (or leave them at home and let your hair down) those wanting a drink and to stay out later can stay over in a hotel or those just wanting a day out can drive home.

Places I’ve thought of are

Manchester 14th Nov -21st Dec
Birmingham 12th Nov – 22nd Dec
Nottingham 20th Nov – 24th Dec
Liverpool 20th Nov – 19th Dec

The Christmas Markets usually run from mid November right up to end of December so dates are below

14th November - Manchester and Birmingham only
21st November
28th November
5th December
12th December – I am unable to make this as it would have been Dad’s 65th birthday and we will be doing something.
19th December – maybe a bit close to Christmas??

If you are interested please comment with the location and dates you can make and also if you are wanting to stay over.

Please feel free to add new locations if you think there’s better cities to go to, I’m just thinking within a couple of hours drive for those travelling back home.

This will be the first meet I’ve organised on ASN and it will probably be our last 2015 meet so let’s make it one to remember

xx

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunS3 and Helifella
I'm ok with any location and any date apart from 12th December and would stay over if others wanted to xx

Also a couple more locations

York -19th Nov to 23rd Dec
Harrogate 21st November only

I'll say a provisional YES, but probably not to stop over.

Yes im up for a drive out but as matti said i dont think i would be stopping over.. as for location im not fussed i will go with the majority...

Reactions: saz83
What about Lincoln Christmas Market 3/6 December 250 stalls
But like i said on Wednesday will have to see what shifts Lynn working as she works for NHS and does stupid hours.
Good ideas Saz for your first meet

Reactions: saz83
Lincoln was my first choice with it only been an hour away, but its only on for one weekend and last time I went it was so busy it was un enjoyable, there were coach trips and hundreds of people and all the hotels are booked if anyone wanted to stay over :-( xx

Birmingham is the biggest xmas market but I will go anywhere and my preferred dates are be 28th November or 5th December.

what's everyone think x

I'm definately up for attending this one Sarah.

I would probably stop over aswell given the locations being a decent drive away. I would like to let my hair down but seen as i only have a short back and sides, i may find this difficult lol.

Liverpool/York/Harrogate seem like good locations to me. Although, if people are planning on a few drinks/staying over, would it be a good idea to choose somewhere with a decent night life?

I personally see this meet as a good opportunity for it to be an end of year christmas do, like all the workplace ones....

btw, great work Sarah!

Shaun.

I love Liverpool, i am up for any location really, I would stay over if others want to as then I could have WINE and VODKA and I really need a mini break xx

Reactions: AVLO, ShaunS3 and Sandra
I love Liverpool, i am up for any location really, I would stay over if others want to as then I could have WINE and VODKA and I really need a mini break xx

I'm willing to stop over if we are travelling a little way from home....let my hair down and enjoy the night lol.

I'm up for this! Manchester is my preference as its closest, but I'd go to Liverpool or Nottingham if they were the most popular choices. a couple of pals I work with would probably be up for this too, providing people don't mind a 2015 mini JCW and a BMW 235i joining the ranks?

Reactions: Sandra and ShaunS3
anyone is welcome, more the merrier, what date and location are we thinking then? its getting close to November now, its looking like it might be a day trip if the majority don't want to stay over x

Manchester isn't that far from most of us so that's sounding like a winner x

Reactions: ShaunS3
Karting meet is 21st November Sarah but most of November is free if you want to avoid the xmas overload in December x