Yet more trouble

vr6gordy

Reaction score
my car is showing 90miles left on the range also the fuel gauge is about 3mm of red yet is seems to have run out of fuel I put some more in .. Good job I carry a can full in boot .. Put that in and it starts .. Could it be the jet pump on the passenger side of car I have put new fuel pump in only last month car is Audi A4 cab Quattro 1.8t 2004

your car ran out of petrol and your wondering if the fuel gauge is faulty :confused:

My gauge is not faulty I've just removed the left hand side cover and lifted the jet pump up and there's loads of fuel in the tank

So is my problem suction jet pump ?? Anyone got the part number also and a guide ???

I ment to say 3mm out of red so tanks 1/4 full

Ran the car today till it stopped in the driveway the gauge was about nealy in red bout 1mm off red so I left it at that I was Gina go get some more fuel but didnt left car for over an hour so tryied to start it and it fired up so I'm now thinking the jet pump is blocked and is only letting a little bit of fuel over .. Anyone got any ideas on this

Found a few threads on this and a lot of people have found they forgot to connect a plug from the fuel sensor float that sits behind the fuel pump on the drivers side and there fuel gauge is sitting where mine is 1/4 . So this got me thinking when removing the old pump there is a connector with not much room for play maybe I've broken a wire when I removed the pump as its giving the same problem as if it wasn't connected ???

Took a gamble today and ordered fuel sender