Yet another wheel upgrade failure...

i'm almost on the money really, just need to fine tune a bit...
Jj7

well i wasnt going to add my thoughts but after reading another wheel thread by trustie cant make my mind up Rob (should be your username lol)
i must agree with tony just get your currant ones paint black as there fit and look 90% the same as the wolf ones as in a day or two im sure you would have found some diffent alloys you like the look of trying to work out if there will fit lol
i do enjoy reading your posts Rob id love to be a fly on the wall each time you try and fit a new wheel lol. On another point Rob i saw you was looking to off load a few parts was thinking you had found a rs4 ???

Its not just the painting martin, down my part of the country most decent places charge between £80 - £100 a rim for powder or wet paint, the cost of doing that just didn't workout compared to getting 4 new ones for £50 more, also I wanted to move the rims out a shade more so I wanted an ET35 rim aswell , and to be honest the wolf's have a nice sutle concave dish to them which I prefer over the semi convex Rials....so not really a straight forward paint job ....I expect it will workout in the end..lol
I went to look at an RS4 avant (b7) at west London audi recently, really outstanding car with mad low milage and showroom cond , had all the bits anyone could want except a sunroof and I was looking for one with the normal recaro's not the wing backs as found in the majority of them, also at a premium price...decided to carry on looking , its out there somewhere, but yes I have some bits to offload.

Its not just the painting martin, down my part of the country most decent places charge between £80 - £100 a rim for powder or wet paint, the cost of doing that just didn't workout compared to getting 4 new ones for £50 more, also I wanted to move the rims out a shade more so I wanted an ET35 rim aswell , and to be honest the wolf's have a nice sutle concave dish to them which I prefer over the semi convex Rials....so not really a straight forward paint job ....I expect it will workout in the end..lol
I went to look at an RS4 avant (b7) at west London audi recently, really outstanding car with mad low milage and showroom cond , had all the bits anyone could want except a sunroof and I was looking for one with the normal recaro's not the wing backs as found in the majority of them, also at a premium price...decided to carry on looking , its out there somewhere, but yes I have some bits to offload.

I see where your coming from with those prices just for a colour change and the wolf do look good i just dont know how you do it with it not just being a straight fit i would have lost it by now and given up.

have a look at this pic and you'll see my point between the two rims shapes, and also why one fits and one doesn't quite fit...
Gg9

all change, the've left the building now...now on plan "F"...

Reactions: martin1984