Yet another RS3 ordered! Cant wait!

Eigdoog

±§~Quadzackular~§±
Reaction score
Hello all!

Ive posted this in the 8P forum but just found out its the 8V so thought i would post it here too lol.

Ive been looking at one of these since they come out this year. I could not have a test drive though as the oil pump or something went on the RS3's.

Ive been looking at the S5 more than anything and even got 8.5k off one! but after trying the RS3 it really made my mind up.

So i went today just for a "test" drive since I've looked at the CLA 45 AMG Sunday and i must say its **** compared the the Audi. But while on the drive today i loved every minute and loved the launch control even more! Come back inside to "look" at figures then ordered one!

I need to wait till April for it though :(

Ive gone for:
Nardo grey
Grey super sport seats / Black head lining
Comfort and sound package
Privacy glass
Non smoking package
Advanced key
Wider tyres at the front with black alloys
Red calipers
High gloss styling package
Tyre / GAP / Smart protect insurance
Paint protection

Maybe not to everyones taste but thats why we can build our own ones.

Love to hear from every else who has one or who has ordered one.

Thanks for looking.

Reactions: Terminator x and Colin A
Congrats on your order mate I'm looking at ordering mines again in October with the expected update in spec after an initial misery with first order. Dont' ask, long story!

How much are you paying for gap insurance, smart protect and paint protection? I would suggest cancelling these particular options and outsourcing..

An independent car detailer will do a LOT better paint protect then what the dealers do for half of the price, it's not worth the money paying the dealers honestly..

Gap insurance shouldn't cost more than 150 from a good independent gap insurer.

Get the dynamic package which contains the sports exhaust too!

Well i keep thinking about the GAP but surely it will be best keeping both the paint on there? The GAP is £599. Paint protection £199. Smart protect £449. Total £1247 but think there was a "deal" for £1100.

Would love the suspension but the exhaust might be too much, would like to hear them both to compare.

I must ask... What happen with your first order?

Well i keep thinking about the GAP but surely it will be best keeping both the paint on there? The GAP is £599. Paint protection £199. Smart protect £449. Total £1247 but think there was a "deal" for £1100.

Would love the suspension but the exhaust might be too much, would like to hear them both to compare.

I must ask... What happen with your first order?

Sorry I miss read your post! Yes I would keep smart protect seems ok for what it is, in regards to the paint protection, dealer usually retails in at £500 something so I guess getting it for £199 is not bad, I would go over the paintwork to make sure they've really done a top job and be assertive that when deal the paint protection job you want clean, NEW microfiber detailing pads used on the car and nothing less.

I would still go independent for the gap insurance, you should be able to save £250, if you want don't to approach them In regards to removing that option, just say you can get it cheaper, can they throw something extra in like a year's free service, full tank of fuel instead of half and whatever else they'd be willing to offer.

In regards to standard suspension and not the mag ride a lot of people of stated the stock suspension is great and don't see why the mag ride is needed, I can't really add to this point having not had long enough in the new rs3 to judge but it seems like you won't really miss it seeing as it's already good as it is.

Basically I ordered about a month ago, lack of dealer communication is what got me stressed the most, my finance application went to underwriters, they wanted bank statements, provided that, then they wanted 3 months wages slips, no dealer communication whatsoever, I did all the chasing, didn't even place the order either and tried to hang on to my deposit. In the end I wanted out.

Nardo here too ;) October build and hopefully November delivery!

TX.

Reactions: Eigdoog
Why do they never get back to you?!?! I called for prices on a S5 at the same place i ordered the RS3 and the woman never got back to me after i called 4 times!! So when i booked for a test drive i said don't put me onto her as she obviously don't need the sales.

I just had a little look at some GAP and there was two, one at £150 and the other at £245 on 4 years with a 25k claim limit. Seems a great deal but to sound stupid i don't really understand it all. Need to really read about it more.

Like you said though i could change it for the sat-nav that i don't need but feel as if i don't have it ill miss out lol. I could ask for a full tank of fuel as well.

As for the paint protection it seems good but the smart protect for £449 seems a lot now thinking about it. I mean could i get another paint protection plan where someone comes out at fixes dents/chips. I got told that it would not cost me anything for each call out but I've been reading and a lot of people are paying £10-25 each call out.

Reactions: Ashbrummy
Why do they never get back to you?!?! I called for prices on a S5 at the same place i ordered the RS3 and the woman never got back to me after i called 4 times!! So when i booked for a test drive i said don't put me onto her as she obviously don't need the sales.

I just had a little look at some GAP and there was two, one at £150 and the other at £245 on 4 years with a 25k claim limit. Seems a great deal but to sound stupid i don't really understand it all. Need to really read about it more.

Like you said though i could change it for the sat-nav that i don't need but feel as if i don't have it ill miss out lol. I could ask for a full tank of fuel as well.

As for the paint protection it seems good but the smart protect for £449 seems a lot now thinking about it. I mean could i get another paint protection plan where someone comes out at fixes dents/chips. I got told that it would not cost me anything for each call out but I've been reading and a lot of people are paying £10-25 each call out.

No idea mate, was really frustrating, did all the chasing about the situation, most of the time I called, salesman who took my order was away from his desk, couldn't speak to anyone else about my order, he never got back to me over the numerous times I called up. It was a joke tbh, think they was just avoiding me as I started asking for the order number and they didn't provide it, so they obviously didn't order the car..

Yeah you should phone a gap insurance company and ask them to go through the varied types of cover they provide, there's usually three but an it would be best to hear from an expert on this particular insurance plan. Money is money and if you can save around 250 then that's great.

I think you should spec at least the 500 quid satnav option as it will help with residuals and whilst you may not use often or not at all it's nice to have it there.

I had a quick look on the Smart Protect plan on the Audi website, I would look into this further, not sure what to think of it tbh, a quick search on other forums from other users of this should make you come to the conclusion whether it really is worth the pricetag.

There is a car broker that is doing a 2,300 discount on the rs3 model right now, some are skeptical using such companies but there's nothing to be worried about as they pass on all the information to their partnered dealer who will then contact you to sort out the paperwork and so on. Could cancel and go through them and it shouldn't be a problem as its only been hours since you've ordered, should get back whatever funds you've put down.

Reactions: Eigdoog
Standard suspension v mag ride all depends what the roads are like where you live and drive regular day to day IMO too.

I have several speed bumps on my estate and the standard suspension felt very crashy and ultra firm whereas the mag ride felt much more supple and compliant .... so for me I felt it made sense to go for it + it helped I really wanted the sports exhaust.

I treid a few of the brokers that were offering around 2k discount start of august and none could actually offer any discount.

When i applied through car wow i got 7 or 8 offers from different audi dealers and only 1 offered any discount and it was 825 quid. so stuck with stirling audi as they gave me great trade in price on the m135i and meant no ******* about with we buy any car then the costs of going to coventry.

on the other hand my dad got his discovery 4 throughout car wow broker no hassle and with more discount than quoted so can work.

and on the mag ride i was having none of it after the adaptive on the bmw. but after a drive with it it and sports exhaust were my only two must haves.

I live in the fens and a lot of crap roads, i would like to try it but if I've never had a go i don't think ill miss it for the money and the exhaust would be nice but i had a Fiesta ST and it did my head in all the time.

As for money off i got £1080, not a lot but its the most i got from carwow and they matched it so i was happy with that.

Thats another thing i only got £1000 down and they want £1000 by the end of the month since on a car like this they don't normally do less than 2k... Sounds like bull to me but then i won't need so much when i pick the car up i guess.

My dealer was happy with 500 down and the equity from my trade in around 950. Said as I didn't go mental on spec they would have no bother shifting if I pulled out

• Im 500 deposit. Remainder to be paid when I go in to sign the forms a week two before collection as I understand it.

Congrats Eigdoog hope it comes soon.

I wanted an RS3 but unfortunately a bit too small so have gone the other way and ordered an S5, hopefully when the kids are a bit older I will be able to get one!

With regards to your GAP insurance try Frank Pickles I think it was about 250 on my SQ5 for 3 years.

Doesn't sound like there is many deals out there I've managed to secure just over £2,500 I'm a very lucky man.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Anyone who is trading there S3 in at a main dealer, might be worth dropping me a PM, we have bought quite a lot of S3's recently from people who have been getting horrendous p/x deals off Audi. Our website is http://www.prestigeperformancecars.co.uk Im confident we can offer you a worthwhile improvement! Thanks Graham

Reactions: nickatkinson, GRE57Y, Ashbrummy and 2 others
sports exhaust!!!!!!! A must.

I got 1k off, left a 1k deposit..

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Mmmm seems like they are greedy to me then...

The prices have changed and i don't want to unset the apple cart now and order other items... Ive added sat nav, folding mirrors and the lane assist (just for the camera) but now sat nav is in the price but i think its about £800 more... Need to work things out to see if its cheaper in any way as some extras are now cheaper.

I did like the sports exhaust but not sure if i would want it all the time? Will comfort mode still make it really quiet?

Sports exhaust is a must imo as I only experienced it on Saturday and I now think it provides the statement that the styling lacks. Once turned off the sound is the same as any other, therefore much better to live with on the longer hauls!

When the sales exec demo'd the sports exhaust he actually did it incorrectly and my wife said it didn't sound any different... I hopped in and selected dynamic and all hell broke loose! That was prof enough for me that it's a must have!

Sports exhaust is a must imo as I only experienced it on Saturday and I now think it provides the statement that the styling lacks. Once turned off the sound is the same as any other, therefore much better to live with on the longer hauls!

When the sales exec demo'd the sports exhaust he actually did it incorrectly and my wife said it didn't sound any different... I hopped in and selected dynamic and all hell broke loose! That was prof enough for me that it's a must have!

Love it " all hell broke loose" :laughing: my neighbours are definitely going to be lynching me... when mine arrives it's still stuck in Emden.... I know I shouldn't complain but it's getting frustrating now.

I changed my order to include the mag ride/ sports exhaust package after realising that it makes the suspension "softer" more comfortable when it's in comfort mode, roads around me are not the best.

Reactions: d170868 and Right&Glory
It does make me want to order that pack but i don't wanna pay extra now lol Guess i could look at it like I'm paying £300 more since the satnav...

I was able to choose not to have the sat nav as I never use one. dealer actually said that it's cheaper to retro fit the SD card version at a later date if it effects residuals to that extent, the £500 went towards the dynamic package..... I'll be spending more time listening to it not looking at a sat nav :laughing: :nogarors4:

:anguished: I got told its £100 more if i want it later on in life! I added as I'm sick on using my phone for sat nav even though i very rarely use it at all!

As you have only just ordered unfortunately I'm not sure you have the choice to cancel the sat nav, from info on here recently the standard spec has been changed sat nav is on it weather you want it or not. My salesman checked when I was placing my order sure he said it was £470 as a retro fit.

same here - use a tom tom maybe once or twice a year max so didn't order any nav on the car.

Will use dynamic pack ... ALL OF THE TIME :)

Mmmmm ill check to ask them about it all and see. Thinking about it i would love the pack.