Yet Another case of S3 mirror theft!

Gops

Badger 5 Edition
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I was at my friends house celebrating his nephews 1st birthday and left to find some idiots have completely destroyed my passenger mirror casing!! At first I thought someone had hit the car, but on closer look at the drivers side it seems someone has tried to prize off that side too! This indicates it was deliberate but the idiots didn't get what they wanted, because they were plastic!!! I sprayed the mirrors knowing fully well that this would happen. So.. Keep your s3's safe guys, idiots still roam trying to harm out pride and joys!! Ill be posting in the classifieds for both mirrors inc housing, basically the whole lot but facelift ones. They broke the housing and damaged the heated mirror terminals!

I've got genuine aluminium mirrors. Are they still targets for thief's?..

Unfortunately so! Depends on your area I guess, but then Again anyone could steal them. These are rare cars, even more rare with alu mirrors so low life's target them. Thank god I sprayed mine! But im sure its just isolated cases and yours will Be safe!

Wan*ers mate hope they not done too much damage thieving scum, they should have there fingers smashed off.

Chris.

It didn't even cross my mind that these would've been something that scum are after! Think I might take mine off! How much are they from the stealers?

The way of the world and getting worse as people search around for ways to make money. They target hard working people with nice things as a source of income by stealing stuff they know other hard working people want.

Dont even start me off about these lowlife scrotes. Make my blood boil.

B****ds! Low life scum who can't be ***** to get a job like everyone else!a painted mine for that exact reason.love to catch someone nickin mine!they wouldn't be able to pick there nose again lets put it that way! Seen some real ones on ebay and a think they want 300 + for them.**** news gops but at least they wernt real bud.

This sort of thing really annoys me. I'm lucky enough to have a garage on my house but I make sure I always put the car away at night.

When I looked to buy an S3 I wanted the fancy chrome mirrors as I liked the way they looked on a dark car, I'd never consider replacing them with body coloured ones.

If anyone even attempts to steal my mirrors they'd better make sure I don't catch them.

Hole you get this sorted without too much hassle Gops.

Easy gops. Not happy about this bro. Where was it? Think you should think about keeping your car in the back in your garden you know.

:(

3EFC1968-F3DB-494F-A3B1-CAB078FA6DFF-37164-000017CFED7809E8_zps44636d4e.jpg

25EE8E77-8536-419F-BD23-B18ACD646955-37164-000017CFE8B01B2E_zpsf878e1d1.jpg

C4C5FF43-1539-45D9-B9B0-4FB5947D129B-37164-000017CFE3934FA9_zps14d180ba.jpg

AAFE02F3-1AEC-41B0-9467-002213656C10-37164-000017CFDE1821E2_zps2bf92a71.jpg

B8EEE079-222B-4434-AD24-D68D4AB2C1D2-37164-000017CFD7F64F4E_zps64d88fea.jpg

Thieving scum :( I bought my car with a aftermarket alarm fitted and it has proximity sensors how ever much I hate them going off I think they serve there purpose. My car is on my drive and they go off every time someone comes to my house door or near the car a few weeks back it went off I looked and see some little sh*t running down the road so god knows what the hell he was going to do could of been after my mirrors but it scared him off

Ahh it's ****! But hopefully ill get a new set soon. Just painful to see the car without a mirror :(

Well Good news! I had a spare passenger side mirror that I used as a test mule for when I sprayed my mirrors, so I put them on temporarily. But I put a wanted Ad on Facebook on the V.A.G parts page and the lads at COV had someone selling facelift A3 Mirrors that I could respray for £60 with the base and covers!! Bargain and many thanks to Don for selling them to me!

It didn't even cross my mind that these would've been something that scum are after! Think I might take mine off! How much are they from the stealers?

Think they were a £700 optional extra new, dont know now tho

Gutted for you mate!!!

But good to see you have had a quick turnaround and are getting it sorted :)

Bagged myself an andymac sub at the same time! Bonus!!

f**king pirates!!!!!!!! this boils my p*ss hearing stuff like this! I have a Nogaro Blue S3 with chrome wing mirrors and it bothers me reading this, I've heard loads of stories on here about scum nicking these wing mirrors! If I ever caught someone trying to nick mine, I would have no problem smashing there fingers with a hammer, would make them think twice, if the Police were involved, they would prob just get a warning or something stupid like that. I might sound a bit harsh but why should someone who has worked, saved and then got a nice car have it ruined by a total lowlife!!