(Yet another) brake bleeding question

G

gokiwi64

So a tad confused here, some say I need to unplug the ABS pump fuse and relay (but that suggests you then need to have the engine running to bleed the brakes), some say you need vcds/vagcom and others you cannot vacuum bleed .

So what is the correct answer ? ......3 virtual pints and a meat pie to the answer that works

Pressure bleader on the bottle, open the bleed nipple on the caliper(s) you want to blead, keep open until the fluid is running out constant and no air.

Easy? No?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302127807076 <- I used this one, however is good that you open the reservoir first and get old fluid out, put new one till the cap and then start to bleed the brake, better do all system at once (4 calipers) and get 2 liters of fluid or 1,5 if you can. (personal experience), brake reservoir is used for clutch as well that can be bleed easily as well (but is tricky, filter inside reservoir need to be between floating on liquid and when starting to go down fill it up again, never let it go fully down if not you can put air in the system).

Guys, I know this sounds daft, but I have just installed Stainless lines and bought a system similar to this pressure bleeder (I bought the Sealy one). A note of Caution - I purchased a full litre of ATE Type 200 and poured it into the bottle. Should have been more than enough. However, the tube that collects the fluid from the bottle is not central, and neither does it go right to the bottom of the bottle.

Result? on the final corner, the fluid stopped being drawn up and I ended up blowing a load of air through the system (even though there was plenty of fluid left). A mad dash to buy more fluid....

Make sure your bottle is either level and/or make sure the "feed tube" is in the fluid before commencing the next corner bleed.

Guys, I know this sounds daft, but I have just installed Stainless lines and bought a system similar to this pressure bleeder (I bought the Sealy one). A note of Caution - I purchased a full litre of ATE Type 200 and poured it into the bottle. Should have been more than enough. However, the tube that collects the fluid from the bottle is not central, and neither does it go right to the bottom of the bottle.

Result? on the final corner, the fluid stopped being drawn up and I ended up blowing a load of air through the system (even though there was plenty of fluid left). A mad dash to buy more fluid....

Make sure your bottle is either level and/or make sure the "feed tube" is in the fluid before commencing the next corner bleed.
If u see I said actually to get at least 1,5 liter of fluid (DOT 4 obviusly)