yes another RNS-e, SDS, PTT question....

Sno

don't knock it til uv tried it
Reaction score
Firstly,
sorry I know its been done to death, and i've done loads of searches but there is a question not been asked, therefor unanswered...

Actually I have a couple of points and I'm hoping you clever peeps can assist.

The Prologue:
06 B7 RS4, Retrofitted RNS-e and Fiscon BT with mic.
SDS SW660 installed, auto configured to English
Engineering mode, changed SK as PPT
<< Scan pressed twice gives me the English lady.
When prompted for a response, my commands fall on deaf ears.

Ok thats the general layout.

Couple of questions.
(i) when i leave the car and return the << Scan button doesn't work. In engineering mode the SK as PPT is un-highlighted (not selected) anymore.
Anyone know why?
Considered it to be a power thing but all other data i.e. Radio stations, phone numbers still saved.

(ii) The mic question.
Can I use the Fiscon mic already fitted? if so (by reading the multiple threads says I can) can someone in baby steps give me a step by step description on what I do.
I believe I have to take the BT mic to the RNS-e and then return the wiring to the BT module. But without a electical diagram or step by step instruction, I don't want to potentially cause any damage.

Guys, I have come here on many occassions now looking for assistance as I believe it to be one of the best places to get the best advice.
I would greatfully appreciate your help in answering these questions.
I think once these 2 queeries are answered I will have the fully functioning SDS system which I do miss from my older cars.

Thanks guys.

Chris

(i) when i leave the car and return the << Scan button doesn't work. In engineering mode the SK as PPT is un-highlighted (not selected) anymore.
Anyone know why?
Because it's not a "permanent" option, when the RNS-E reboots it resets this option to off. If you want SDS you MUST have an MFSW, since the RNS-E needs to see a PTT message on the Infotainment CAN bus. There used to be a black box available (CANGate) which could generate the PTT message from a normal switch, but that's no longer available.

Can I use the Fiscon mic already fitted? if so (by reading the multiple threads says I can) can someone in baby steps give me a step by step description on what I do.
I believe I have to take the BT mic to the RNS-e and then return the wiring to the BT module. But without a electical diagram or step by step instruction, I don't want to potentially cause any damage.
The Fiscon mic MIGHT work but IIRC the sensitivity isn't as good as the Audi mic.

You got the wiring changes needed right, the pinouts are on the paper label on the top of the RNS-E - that will give you all the info you need.