Yellow warning light- Dynamic Headlight range control faulty

CO11K9

Reaction score
First of all been on for two days now, so not going away!!

What is this? What does it do? How do you fix it? etc etc, Is there a company on here I can visit to fix it? And how expensive is this going to be eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audi A6 2001 4.2 estate Quattro

Cheers Kevin

First of all been on for two days now, so not going away!!

What is this? What does it do? How do you fix it? etc etc, Is there a company on here I can visit to fix it? And how expensive is this going to be eeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Audi A6 2001 4.2 estate Quattro

Cheers Kevin

To answer some of your questions. The Dynamic Range is the auto adjustment for the Xenon headlights to prevent you dazzling other drivers and the warning suggests there is a fault in that system. As suggested you need to get someone with VCDS to scan the vehicle to determine the actual fault but it is probably one of the sensors that determines the angle of the car to horizontal that has failed.

Check and clean the two pin connector on each headlamp that drive the leveling motor.
The drivers side is pain to get to but its a simple fix.
You will need VCDS to clear the faults (headlamps on for that)
The connector is a crap mini thing.

Its the far connector in this rather poor pic...

P1040018.jpg

Also check the arm on the passenger side suspension that drives the control.

P1040594.jpg

Cheers Guys for replying, I looked inside the passenger arch on the front suspension arm at the sensor that has a plastic arm connected to the main suspension, it had broken and come away, probably 11 years of road salt/rain etc etc so the metal nut looked rusted to death and the plastic self levelling arm bit was hanging loose,

Is it a coincedence a couple of weeks ago I had a large load in the boot for a couple of days.................I wander if that stretched the plastic arm to its limit and snapped it off the rusted nut??????????????????????

Its more likely front lower arm bush wear transmitting vibration etc to that weedy little arm.

P1040704.jpg

Typhoon GB thankyou for the pics, it is the lowest plastic arm bit that has come away and snapped off, hopefully I can get that bit for £15 rather than a whole unit for over £100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!