Yellow & Black S3's running at VW Action yesterday, anyone here?

supreme

Reaction score
Was at VW Action over the weekend and saw a Yellow S3 with black Rota wheels run in the 13's and a Black S3 with what looked like Rotiform wheels run times into the 12's.

Wanted to know a little about more about both cars, anyone's on here or anyone know the cars and have links to a build thread?

Alex

12 seconds 1/4 for a S3 is very good. Would like to know who's car that was also.

The black S3 on rotiforms was the 5pot turbo built by storm. 700ish bhp if the claims are correct...? Looked good, although the pics on the net dont show the gash removal of the fogs and intercooler piping.

Both looked good on the strip though.

I was thinking about the S3 with the 2.5T engine in it.

700bhp and only 13s run............ something is not right there :think:

I was really struggling for traction and could not get off the line at all. I even did a 3rd gear launch but it still spun the wheels upto 90 mph and to top it off it was so busy I only got 4 runs in all day! Road tyres are no good for the drag strip lol! Will be going back soon and better prepared.

I certainly wouldnt have wanted to wait in that cue all day! Was gutted everytime they brought on the bikes and the poop jet karts.

Traction was an issue on the day had to go easy on the throttle - however I couldnt get a run where the boost pipes stayed on.
Still managed a 12.2 with no boost in third and fourth gear.
Defo be more prepared next time - got new pipes & intercooler to go on with t clamps... should resolve all the issues.