Yellow 8P S3

I think I just spewed up a little into my mouth

staz1000 said:
I think I just spewed up a little into my mouth
looks like that's what somebody did on the second one. it was obviously done under the Audi Exclusive option, which means somebody went out of their way to have it in that colour - and paid for the privilege too.

Perhaps the owner is colour blind and they think it is actually black.

You can get away with the yellow but the green and black rims... He must be regretting it by now, he must be! + he probably did it for a laugh cos he's a rich kid ja

Can anyone paste the pics of the yellow S3, as i can't get the link to open. Then i can archive the pics.

Thanks.

Think the page is down. Got these though:

DSC00009.jpg

DSC000008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

That yellow is not my cup of tea either.... but probably live will look better. For now best colours for S3, for me, are Blue, Red, Black and... OK, Silver!

Pedro

Light colors work best with the S3 IMO because they show off the lines and the front air intakes really well.

Yellow S3 looks fantastic. I saw a yellow Sportback S-Line and it really caught my attention

I guess I prefer the aluminium trim to stand out more than the air intakes... But off course light colour show the lines a bit more....

A yellow with black grill and black wheels, that would be menace!!

Pedro

I don't get this black wheel craze at all. Always looks to me like someone has knicked the wheels.

that green is one of the most offensive colours i have ever seen....why put that on such a quality car. ?!
why why why why why ?!!!!!

Just say no !!!!

:no: :no: :no:

That green seems to be very much like the green that Porsche offers on their new GT3RS. The inspiration might have came from there...

Oh dear. I quite like the green S3. Sorry lads. :o.k: I know, I know!

I think removing all the silver and replacing it with black is very impressive. Its the first time i've seen black wheels that I thought look any good. I'd like to see this car in silver with all that black.

Whatever way you look at it there sure is no possiblity of seeing another on on the road... Thankfully.

Just to be sure, I would not want to own it, but as an advertisment for Audi exclusive options, its quite, well, noticable!

Maybe he was trying to copy the lime green of the lambo, but got it wrong.

409.jpg

Ok men, still looking for images of a solid black, moro blue and goodwood green for the new S3. Not sure if Avus silver or misano red is available.

Can anyone help.

Avus and Misano should be available at Audi Exclusive, along with that Lime Green Lambo or even Ferrari Red... you cana ctually sample any colour you want... Comes with a cost though...

Pedro

yellow looks better than I thought it would, green and black rims is total distruction of what could of been such a nice car.

Mark

markwiggy said:
yellow looks better than I thought it would, green and black rims is total distruction of what could of been such a nice car.

Mark

Ever since I saw the 8L S3 in yellow I wanted one. Then I found out there was going to be a new S3 and I wondered if I could get it in yellow. I've had my heart set on one but now I've seen it in the flesh I think it looks a bit dull. Not as deep yellow as on other cars in the same group.

I think it just might be the picture.

Have a look on the Audi used car search for the new S3's in orange and on the thumbnails look how many different shades of orange there is, its just the lighting and possibly the camera they have been taken with!

Jam I actually saw the car. I took the pictures. It does actually look that dull.

I've been up to Scotland visiting the relatives this weekend and saw a Yellow 8P S3 yesterday morning around 11:15 on the M90 just after the Perth Junction, looked fantastic in the summer sun imo! :thumbsup:

Anyone off here i wonder?

Maybe it needs the sun to bring out the colour. This is a subject close to my heart cos later this year I will be ordering in either orange or yellow but I was disappointed with yellow as I said.

Now you've got me wanting to see it on a good day lol

staz1000 said:
Maybe it needs the sun to bring out the colour.

Now you've got me wanting to see it on a good day lol

It really did look fantastic imo mate, one of those 'double-take' colours and even the usually car disinterested relatives i was ferrying back from Kinross car boot thought it was great too! :thumbsup:

Always going to be a 'Marmite' colour imo but makes a refreshing change from the sea of black and grey cars on the roads, i had the same with my misano red, friends and family thought it was a dodgy colour choice for an A3 but everyone i know has remarked on how great it looks and it's still a relatively rare colour on the road.. :cool:

Yeah in that case I will have to have another look lol

I saw a misano s-line today and I agree it's a great colour.

Yellow or orange, yellow or orange.....only 8 months to decide!

staz1000 said:
Yellow or orange, yellow or orange.....only 8 months to decide!

What a great choice to have to make though mate! :)

Either way you'll be happy lol!

well yeah kinda but if I plan to keep the car for years and won't be happy if I get one then see another s3 in the other and prefer it! lol

Personally, I like the bright colors very much, however, in such a loud color as yellow the car loses some of its appeal to me - being invisible for most but the discerning guys...

Gonna get white, probably.

newbiecrg said:
Avus and Misano should be available at Audi Exclusive, along with that Lime Green Lambo or even Ferrari Red... you cana ctually sample any colour you want... Comes with a cost though...

Pedro

Thanks, just after pics of S3 in standard colours of Moro blue, brilliant black, and goodwood green now.

TDI-line said:
Thanks, just after pics of S3 in standard colours of Moro blue, brilliant black, and goodwood green now.

Why on earth would you want one in any of those colurs?

staz1000 said:
Maybe it needs the sun to bring out the colour.

You have hit the nail on the head there!

It is exactly the same with the Focus ST in orange, I have noticed it looks a bit dull and out of place on a rainy or dim day....however once the sun comes out and shines it looks excellent. Will be the same for the yellow and orange S3 i'm afraid.

I think the orange ST and S3 look good whatever the weather but hopefully the yellow will look better. If it does then it'll just make it harder for me cos before this thread started I was set on the orange lol