Xtrons reverse camera

LEE PARKER

Reaction score
hi guys,
I just fitted a reverse camera to my b7 a4 ,ive got an xtrons android head unit snd im having problems getting the csmera to work when selecting reverse, im a mechanic by trade so i know my way around a car but electrics can be tricky, the camera works on other functions on the head unit but no picture when reverse is selected just a blank screen ,like the video feed is not connected to the correct port but ive tryed all the ones i can see ,im wondering if i need a different loom to the thst was supplied with the unit ,has anyone had any experience with this issue .

Thanks lee

Did you fit the trigger wire & enabled the camera in reverse maybe in settings?

Yeah i did mate ,there is no trigger wire marked on the back at all but i emailed xtrons,they told me to use a green wire marked F-CAM and it does trigger in reverse i checked it , but still no luck , it seems the video feed is not getting to the reverse cam function ive checked they settings ,when i select reverse the screen changes but camera picture .

If you post some pictures of what you’ve done and what you are looking at it might help us to diagnose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20200828 143825
This is how i have got it connected at the moment using the green trigger wire as advized to use by xtrons (this wire is marked F-CAM ,as is the green video input im using to connect the rear camera to the head unit).
With this set up i can veiw the tear camera by hitting the F-CAM button on the head unit ,which is ok and works well .
But i cant get the camera picture to operate by selecting reverse. When i do select reverse the screen changes as it is recognising its in reverse (can-bus) but no matter which video input i change to (head unit connections) i cant get the camera to operate in this mode ,ive tried all variations i can think off .
Im wondering if i need a differnt loom for the head unit because looking at the print out on the top of the head unit there is a plug shown with pins on it marked ,"cam" and also one marked "back" ive emailed xtroms and im waiting to here back .
But to be honest im quite happy to just push the F-CAM button and use it that way so we will see how it goes .
Unless anyone here has any suggestions,.
Thanks for you interest and help .

Attachments

• 20200828_143825.jpg
    20200828_143825.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 263
You're using the wrong camera input, fcam is front, you need to use reverse cam connection.

Yes i realise that but thats the problem there is no input marked " rear camera" or" back" or anything like that and xtrons told me to use the green F-CAM wire , im just wondering if ive got the wrong loom, as on the top of the head unit there is a print out (cant upload the picture)
Which lists "cam"and "back" as connections .
I will see what xtrons say and i migjt just keep it as it is if not .

Google it, there's many pics of these units with lists of wire connections.

I just did & it showed fcam & rev cam.

Connect it properly imho, much more convenient.

Yeah i agree it would be better to have it active when i select reverse, but no matter how much i google it, its not gonna change the fact ,i have no connections for reverse. I was hoping somebody would have came across the same issue and tell me i need a different loom ,but so far ive had no luck ,but thanks for looking for me i appreciate it ,
But i am gonna go back to google anyway

I'm kinda at a loss as they usually supply the full loom for all the connections the unit can have, so unless they supplied a wrong one, you should already have the connections & looms to fit.

Yeah i know its hard to diagnose an issue with out being hands on ,i will have another look ,but as u said im quite happy to have the cam on the buttton ,om gonna try to ckntact them again as i havent heard back from them yet ,thanks for your help .

Lee.

What's the model number?

My other suggestion is, remove the fcam lead from the current plug, then fit this in the position of the rear cam pin location once you've found where it goes, if it is indeed missing, as it's usually the same pin types.

The model no.of the head unit is ICE/HU/IN70A4AR ,
I might have another look at it this week sometime ,and as you have a play with the connections i thought i had exhausted my testing but sometimes when doing this you cant see the wood for the trees ,im doing the cam belt 2moro so that will keep me busy for a bit

my final update ,turns out im an idiot ,i was missing a loom i turned out the garage and eventually found it ,plugged it in and now its all sorted but thanks so much for your help

Lee.

Reactions: UisT4