XS Power 3" DP & 200 Cell sports cat fitting

afcbjoshd

Reaction score
Just after some advice really as just got mine fitted, after the place telling me over the phone it could be anywhere between an hour to three hours... Took it in and they stuck it up in the air, to tell me the DP is buried and its a hell of a job! Long story short... 7 HOURS LATER it's done! they apparently had to drop the subframe and support the engine plus remove bits to get to it... I don't know how much of this was really required... apparently they even had to unbolt the seats... Anyway took it for a drive, slightly louder and pops and bangs nicely when you lift off. Also feels slightly quicker due to the less restricted air flow. However now I'm getting a slight metallic rattling noise when i lift off in 1st and 2nd gear, but not when i rev the car when not in gear, and not any other gears. Rang them back up and its going in to be looked at.. but can anyone shed any light on how easy/difficult it is to fit these? Also they said the hanger was in the wrong place to they had to cut it off and reweld it on... is this proof that the DP and cat are not the revised items I was told they were? Also did they need to do all that? I had a good look myself and you can only just see it from underneath...

Cheers, Josh

Ooh dont be saying this mate. Ive just got mine through the post and looking at fitting mine soon but this doesmt fipp me with confidence!

Elsa says to drop the subframe but I normally cut the old one off tbh.. easiest way we have found so far is to air chisel the flexi as is the weakest/softest bit...

Once cut its much easier to remove... 7 hours doesn't surprise me tbh.. they can be a complete **** to remove and Elsa makes it look so easy lol...

<tuffty/>

Yep is a pain in the a to do. Took about 5hrs the first time and 3 the next. Removing the subframe yes , but seats. Someone is telling porkies

Ooh dont be saying this mate. Ive just got mine through the post and looking at fitting mine soon but this doesmt fipp me with confidence!

yeah i'm sure it will okay, a lot of the time taken was because they had made a custom cat back for me a couple of months back, and when they offered up the dp + sports cat, they needed to fabricate new brackets and trim the pipes etc. they spent enough time on it!

Yep is a pain in the a to do. Took about 5hrs the first time and 3 the next. Removing the subframe yes , but seats. Someone is telling porkies

Elsa says to drop the subframe but I normally cut the old one off tbh.. easiest way we have found so far is to air chisel the flexi as is the weakest/softest bit...

Once cut its much easier to remove... 7 hours doesn't surprise me tbh.. they can be a complete **** to remove and Elsa makes it look so easy lol...

<tuffty/>

cheers guys, certainly feels better with it on though. just need to get this rattle sorted and then i'm away!